Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 22-03-2020 09:50 AM

PB bonuses were ringfenced from last year's budget.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 10:38 AM

Anybody knows whether there will be any increment next month?

Unregistered 22-03-2020 11:06 AM

PB has already been determined end of last year. Stop being such a sour grape

Unregistered 22-03-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130645)
Anybody knows whether there will be any increment next month?

Think would have but the question is how much.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130637)
The unfortunate truth is that they need to retain talent. If not, many will join the private sector, and people like you may have nothing to eat.

The unfortunate truth is not many will dare to join the private sector where is a real need to compete in a global economy rather than throwing out slogans such as its is necessary to continue to upgrade yourself. Does anyone in civil service face retrenchment or cut in wages for failing to upgrade or are they just stuck in that role till retirement with minimal bonuses. The service is living in a bubble-wrapped world largely free of the pressures in the global economy and would be good if it is acknowledged. Do enlighten us on how many of the top public servants/talents actually make it in a private firm (not counting the govt-linked ones as its quasi private). Of the private sector have nothing to eat, Im quite sure that the civil service would have nothing to eat too.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 01:31 PM

is the PB quantum based on basic salary, monthly salary, or gross monthly salary? was told that my pb quantum should be 2.4 but it doesnt add up.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130659)
is the PB quantum based on basic salary, monthly salary, or gross monthly salary? was told that my pb quantum should be 2.4 but it doesnt add up.

based on gross.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130454)
Will PB be linked to variable merit increment? Say a ranking of 4 (or probably C) will lead to increment of $X amount and a higher ranking means the merit increment is higher? Or is the increment based on one's CEP?

PSD had delinked merit increment and CEP some years ago. Your PB is based on the grade you got for the year of performance assessment. PB has never been linked to CEP.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluke1976 (Post 130598)
Hi guys,
Just wondering who actually gets A? I heard from wife there might only be one teacher in a cluster. And if get A, it is sure promotion of course.
Is that true? Just curious.

Confirm not true. I got two As before being promoted. My colleagues who received Bs year after year stagnant for some time. A or not is within the school and not in the cluster.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130590)
Odd. Those saying lower quantum...

I got higher than last year for the same grade. What gives?

You could have performed better this time round and that explains the higher quantum.
If you have been the top C+ or bottom C- last year and this, you might then notice a drop in the quantum.