Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 21-03-2020 09:03 PM

What is the quantum range for each subgrade for teachers?
Like GEO3- Mininum to max number of months of pb
GEO4, GEO5 ?

Unregistered 21-03-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluke1976 (Post 130540)
Hi all,
I wonder if two years of B grade will result in promotion? Or it does not work this way?

No broo.. i got back to back B before.. no promotion.. watever it is.. never offend ur bosses in CS.. and ur path up is clear.. i learn to be a YES man after knowing that is what my boss like..

Unregistered 21-03-2020 10:58 PM

Anyone has news on your increment yet?

Unregistered 21-03-2020 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130587)
Mx 11 C 2 mths. I was expecting 1.75. Or is 2 normal. Means mx 11 C+ is 2.5? And B is 3?

From exp, 2 mths for c at Mx 11 is normal. C+ is 2.5, but B is 3.5.

Unregistered 21-03-2020 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130530)
The civil service should not be getting bonuses while the rest of the nation faces uncertain futures. Abit tone deaf to faunt your bonuses here. So much for being "people-centric"!

Don't be sour grapes lah. Join CS if u buay song lah. Don't like what u read why come here? Just because businesses suffer so CS also got to suffer by denying us of PB? Which world do u live in?

Unregistered 22-03-2020 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130624)
Don't be sour grapes lah. Join CS if u buay song lah. Don't like what u read why come here? Just because businesses suffer so CS also got to suffer by denying us of PB? Which world do u live in?

CS salary is supposed to be pegged to private sector salary, so what's wrong if CS cut bonuses during recession? Jiak liao bee.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130630)
CS salary is supposed to be pegged to private sector salary, so what's wrong if CS cut bonuses during recession? Jiak liao bee.

Ya, we jiak liao bee better than u bo bee jiak

Unregistered 22-03-2020 07:59 AM

Quote:

Our bonuses already cut during Dec 2019 already what. Isn’t this people centric enough? You are from private sector you pay income tax, we CS workers also pay income tax leh. It’s not like we didn’t need to pay a single cent. Please be clear of that!

This performance bonuses the management already decided way before Covid happened.. Not that I am spreading false news but we have to mentally prepare for that since economy is not thriving that maybe we wouldn’t have bonuses during July and Dec 2020 Like that you satisfied ma?

Just to remind you that we CS people are humans too. Don’t spread negativity and hostility amidst the sad situation now. Our common enemy is Covid 19 not own people la! You should blame it on the virus if you don’t have any bonuses.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 09:01 AM

Quote:

The unfortunate truth is that they need to retain talent. If not, many will join the private sector, and people like you may have nothing to eat.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130637)
The unfortunate truth is that they need to retain talent. If not, many will join the private sector, and people like you may have nothing to eat.

I am from the private sector so I would be as fair as I can here. They can have their bonuses and stuff because that is part of their pay package. It was clear when I joined the private sector that I have a much bigger ambition than what the CS can provide opportunity for (am in Banking) and honestly I hate the layers of reporting and appraisal.

Fast forward 10 years, I got to say, I had good times where the bonus is undeclared to the public and it is in the region of 6 to 10 months. I had my bad times where my entire unit was merged and 80% of my colleagues were released within days. I always know job security is never part of the equation for my job and businesses come and go.

I am actually happy that our government provided our CS with a good pay package and never shut down like our friends in US when there is a political deadlock. Those in the CS, no matter talented or not as claimed earlier, need to eat and cloth their families. They have taken the well travelled path with job security while the rest of us explore uncharted terrain and potentially gain Instant richness.

They are our brothers and sisters as well. My son and daughter go to school where they are taught well, I want the neighborhood safe with police presence, I want people to defend us 24/7 and Most recently, I want frontliners when the Covid 19 virus comes to our shore. The list goes on. They also deserve their pay for their hard work. Just that it was declared In public shouldn’t make it a subject of hate for the rest of us. It has always been a choice. If you feel the public sector is all that wonderful, then go join them. I do have many colleagues who was from CS and was so happy that they managed to get out of CS. The grass may not always be greener on the other side. Each his best.