Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 19-03-2020 10:29 PM

Like I'd mentioned before, i can understand why you would doubt an anonymous post on the internet - think it'll become clearer when you get your own PB quantum (if you are among the C-grade spectrum).

The school briefing was actually done quite early in the year, before COVID was so obviously an issue - think it was actually a sequel to our fantastic 0.1month year-end bonus and not intended to be linked to the virus situation.

My initial intent was just to share one data point (reduction of PB quantum for one officer scheme from a single ministry), since no one else seemed to be offering all that much information. I was curious to see if this was similar throughout the civil service. Seems like that might not be the case, from the general response.

But since there is so much hostility towards this sharing of information, i shall stop here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130416)
Pb quantum for schools is not even fix. I can get C+ this year and receive 1.75months while C+ the next year but receive 2months bonus. The P will distribute the lump sum. Nothing to do with covid-19. Nonsensical to say that A and B remains the same while the othet grades are adjusted down.

Unregistered 20-03-2020 01:37 AM

Agree. My sch has not announced yet but some cols have gotten wind that there will be adjustments to PB. 1 ex col said she heard from her hq friends, 1 col said her friend who is a hod has been briefed. All is he says, she says,so I guess we can only see it for ourselves when we receive the email or logon to pac@gov.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130422)
Like I'd mentioned before, i can understand why you would doubt an anonymous post on the internet - think it'll become clearer when you get your own PB quantum (if you are among the C-grade spectrum).

The school briefing was actually done quite early in the year, before COVID was so obviously an issue - think it was actually a sequel to our fantastic 0.1month year-end bonus and not intended to be linked to the virus situation.

My initial intent was just to share one data point (reduction of PB quantum for one officer scheme from a single ministry), since no one else seemed to be offering all that much information. I was curious to see if this was similar throughout the civil service. Seems like that might not be the case, from the general response.

But since there is so much hostility towards this sharing of information, i shall stop here.

Unregistered 20-03-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130422)

Don’t like that lah... yes, some of the replies are unnecessarily blunt... been following this forum for the last 8 years and only recently noticed that more Teachers are joining in the forum. Although there are 30000+ teachers, forming about a third of the civil service workforce, most of the participants in this thread are in the general MX scheme. Hence many will not be familiar with how PB is managed in schools. So for teachers who post replies on pay or pb, it is helpful to provide more context. (Ps: I’m not a teacher but had worked in schools before so what was said about Principals giving some kind of briefing on pb is true).

Unregistered 20-03-2020 01:52 PM

Pls be patient everyone. Only a few more hours to go :)

Unregistered 20-03-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130444)

So will be released today?

Unregistered 20-03-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130444)

So will it be released today?

Unregistered 20-03-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130448)
So will it be released today?

Can check from 21 Mar onwards

Unregistered 20-03-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130449)
Can check from 21 Mar onwards

Just treat is a really bonus money. if not, one would be dissapointed. :)

Unregistered 20-03-2020 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130452)
Just treat is a really bonus money. if not, one would be dissapointed. :)

Agreed! Appreciate the extra that we will be getting.

Unregistered 20-03-2020 03:43 PM

Will PB be linked to variable merit increment? Say a ranking of 4 (or probably C) will lead to increment of $X amount and a higher ranking means the merit increment is higher? Or is the increment based on one's CEP?