Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 19-03-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130361)
I also work in a school and no such 'briefing' was done. Anyone who says they know for sure or that they have been briefed cannot really be trusted unless they disclose the source of this information. Especially if they make reference to a 'boss' when they claim to work in a school. The information should be out in a matter of days, so let's wait to find out. Just be patient and don't fuel the rumour mill.

Just because your P is not transparent about this matter does not mean it did not happen.. For my school, my p also made the briefing. A and B graders are not affected.

Unregistered 19-03-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130380)
Just because your P is not transparent about this matter does not mean it did not happen.. For my school, my p also made the briefing. A and B graders are not affected.

Any reasons why A and B graders are not affected?

Unregistered 19-03-2020 10:36 AM

Just checked with my boss and HR director. No change for this year's PB quantum as they have already been scoped for under current FY. My SB is full compliance to IM.

Best is to share legit info when you get your letter. I'll update when I received mine.

Unregistered 19-03-2020 01:40 PM

My guess is that they form a smaller % of the workforce, and the decision was made that the cost of maintaining their PB quantum was not that high, in order to recognise the ministry's top performers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130381)
Any reasons why A and B graders are not affected?

Unregistered 19-03-2020 01:44 PM

It's taking longer than usual for them to make the PB announcement.. perhaps due to current covid19 issues..?

Unregistered 19-03-2020 02:05 PM

It will be released this Saturday. If release now, Pac@Gov will slow down a lot and people who don’t get the grade which they are expecting will have no mood to work for the rest of the week...

Unregistered 19-03-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130360)
That's interesting. I'm working in a school, and our boss already briefed all staff to help set expectations. I'm guessing that was done throughout MOE - if it's throughout civil service, I'm surprised not everyone has done the same.

For us, grades C-, C and C+ will have the quantum reduced by about 0.2 months. No change for high performers (A & B).

That's because schools is very different from other agencies in public service. This adjustment is for all perofrmance grades and and for all grades. This is so that the quantum will be enough for distribution. Please find out facts before posting nonsense.

Unregistered 19-03-2020 07:41 PM

I'm not sure what exactly you find nonsensical - I had stated very clearly that my data was MOE-specific. Sorry that you find that so offensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130399)
That's because schools is very different from other agencies in public service. This adjustment is for all perofrmance grades and and for all grades. This is so that the quantum will be enough for distribution. Please find out facts before posting nonsense.

Unregistered 19-03-2020 08:41 PM

Pb quantum for schools is not even fix. I can get C+ this year and receive 1.75months while C+ the next year but receive 2months bonus. The P will distribute the lump sum. Nothing to do with covid-19. Nonsensical to say that A and B remains the same while the othet grades are adjusted down.

Unregistered 19-03-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130416)
Pb quantum for schools is not even fix. I can get C+ this year and receive 1.75months while C+ the next year but receive 2months bonus. The P will distribute the lump sum. Nothing to do with covid-19. Nonsensical to say that A and B remains the same while the othet grades are adjusted down.

Yah... Teachers are in different scheme... go and start a new thread for yourself... no point for GEO1,2,3 to talk about it here 😆