Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 22-03-2020 07:06 PM

For those who got promoted, will you receive a letter form HR or your Director?

Unregistered 22-03-2020 08:14 PM

For those who are getting bonus for the first time:

Your performance band reflects your ranking in the department (or what you call it) ~ for example, A means you are the 5% and so on.

The quantum may not be the same across the band. You may get C+ (or equivalent in your organisation) with your peers but you may receive either higher, same or lower than them. That quantum amount is decided by your boss based your performance for last calendar year.

If you are getting higher quantum than you peers in the same performance band., it may mean that you are rank higher than them within the C+ group.

Congrats and enjoy your bonus!

Unregistered 22-03-2020 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130693)
For those who are getting bonus for the first time:

Your performance band reflects your ranking in the department (or what you call it) ~ for example, A means you are the 5% and so on.

The quantum may not be the same across the band. You may get C+ (or equivalent in your organisation) with your peers but you may receive either higher, same or lower than them. That quantum amount is decided by your boss based your performance for last calendar year.

If you are getting higher quantum than you peers in the same performance band., it may mean that you are rank higher than them within the C+ group.

Congrats and enjoy your bonus!

I think the percentage of staff who get A is between 0.5% and 1% in my ministry.

fluke1976 22-03-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130694)
I think the percentage of staff who get A is between 0.5% and 1% in my ministry.

I believe A is just like a student getting into GEP
:)

Unregistered 22-03-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

it depends on your ministry/ stat board. different ministry has different cut off.

Unregistered 22-03-2020 11:06 PM

Quote:

I think mine SB is normally 0% and granted exceptionally, because as I was told when I first joined, "A is perfect, no one is perfect". Which is a silly thinking to me.

Unregistered 23-03-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130655)
The unfortunate truth is not many will dare to join the private sector where is a real need to compete in a global economy rather than throwing out slogans such as its is necessary to continue to upgrade yourself. Does anyone in civil service face retrenchment or cut in wages for failing to upgrade or are they just stuck in that role till retirement with minimal bonuses. The service is living in a bubble-wrapped world largely free of the pressures in the global economy and would be good if it is acknowledged. Do enlighten us on how many of the top public servants/talents actually make it in a private firm (not counting the govt-linked ones as its quasi private). Of the private sector have nothing to eat, Im quite sure that the civil service would have nothing to eat too.

I spent 10 years in the private sector before joining the CS and we don stuck here like eat waste rice, we do some real work that private sector won’t see...

How we burn our weekends to try and slow the COVID 19 spread et al

Unregistered 23-03-2020 11:54 AM

MI?

Anyone informed of the quantum for MI? For info, I got a B with bonus abt 3mths.
Just hope that MI for this year can be left untouched.
But we can all expect Mid year and year end bonuses to be zero as they r tied to the economy.

Unregistered 23-03-2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130725)
Anyone informed of the quantum for MI? For info, I got a B with bonus abt 3mths.
Just hope that MI for this year can be left untouched.
But we can all expect Mid year and year end bonuses to be zero as they r tied to the economy.

You will know next week.

Unregistered 23-03-2020 05:04 PM

Will one be informed of one's promotion by direct boss? If one had jumped 2 grades for PB grading, is it confirmed for promotion?