Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   High Finance Thread (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11831-high-finance-thread.html)

Unregistered 12-06-2022 06:08 PM

Agreed with the poster above. As long as you are not in IBD, all are the same no point arguing otherwise

Unregistered 12-06-2022 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221547)
lol fresh grads are earning max 5-6k per month. Source: friend from BAML transaction banking

and to the above, reason i put PB = corporate banking is because I was referring to the RMs. If you are in investment advisory, arguable PB > corporate banking; will agree with you.

lol baml sucks bro citi paying 8-9k for TB. sucks to be your friend........

Unregistered 12-06-2022 07:39 PM

I understand that Investment Bankers are not allowed to hold equities, what about fixed income instruments? E.g. Syfe Cash+ or Endowus' money market funds? Thanks!

Unregistered 12-06-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221549)
Aiya argue so much for what. All the bankers from IB to WM are all looking to exit into buyside then all the buyside people looking to start their own fund. The race never ends

Compare firm prestige, salary pay, hottest GFs, deal size, what house, which branded car. Truly the American Psycho way!

IMO as long as you're in IB/PE/HF, no matter your firm name, I respect your grit.

In contrary, all those FAs/PBs/WMs, I can respect their money but I truly look down on them.

Unregistered 12-06-2022 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221565)
Compare firm prestige, salary pay, hottest GFs, deal size, what house, which branded car. Truly the American Psycho way!

IMO as long as you're in IB/PE/HF, no matter your firm name, I respect your grit.

In contrary, all those FAs/PBs/WMs, I can respect their money but I truly look down on them.

FAs are another league compared to PBs & WM. There is some pedigree required getting into a bank's PB/WM program but absolutely none required for FAs. You just need a half-fk diploma from kaplan or some other rubbish diploma mills to get in. I'm not sure why these FAs would even consider themselves as part of the financial industry. It's absolutely disgusting.

Agree on your thoughts on IB and buyside roles, hustle is needed though i would say buyside people are very understated, you won't see them flaunting

Unregistered 12-06-2022 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221559)
lol baml sucks bro citi paying 8-9k for TB. sucks to be your friend........

jpm payments pay 11.9k brooooo

Unregistered 12-06-2022 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221567)
jpm payments pay 11.9k brooooo

Don't bs la. JPM Payments was only 5k before all the pay bumps recently but it's still far away from 12k. If JPM Payments paid 12k, why would anyone elss hustle hard for an IB role when thry can just cruise in a payments role. Go and see the background of those transaction or payment analysts, they are not in the same league as IB analysts

Unregistered 12-06-2022 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221572)
Don't bs la. JPM Payments was only 5k before all the pay bumps recently but it's still far away from 12k. If JPM Payments paid 12k, why would anyone elss hustle hard for an IB role when thry can just cruise in a payments role. Go and see the background of those transaction or payment analysts, they are not in the same league as IB analysts

Not the previous poster, but I did a quick search on MyCareersFuture - they are indeed paying 11k+

Unregistered 13-06-2022 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221586)
Not the previous poster, but I did a quick search on MyCareersFuture - they are indeed paying 11k+

Share the link please.

Unregistered 13-06-2022 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221587)
Share the link please.

R u even in high finance if you can't do a simple Google search lol