Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   High Finance Thread (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11831-high-finance-thread.html)

Unregistered 31-01-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200440)
Anyone knows IB bonus range for BB in Singapore? I just wanna know if my firm bonus is in line or they are underpaying us... Been working up till 2-3AM consistently for the past 1 year and bonus of 6-9M feels kinda low...

Min 18 months package on 10k base you think is too cheap for a freshie? Then the industry is not for you, try something easier.

Unregistered 31-01-2022 01:09 PM

What’s the typical bonus for buyside front office investment roles? Is it true that it is usually 6 months above?

Unregistered 31-01-2022 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200620)
What’s the typical bonus for buyside front office investment roles? Is it true that it is usually 6 months above?

You should focus on all-in pay and not no. of months of bonus.

In any case, I think no one has a good answer to you. It really depends on which firm you are with. All in-pay can be low for some firms despite the nice sounding ring to being in buyside FO. But of course, the 'low pay' is still very good money for the work people do in relative terms and broader perspective.

If pay is most important, try to get to and start from BB sell side FO.

Unregistered 31-01-2022 05:23 PM

Received an offer to be PM at a family office. Anyone working in family office? Is it advisable to join?

Unregistered 31-01-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200699)
Received an offer to be PM at a family office. Anyone working in family office? Is it advisable to join?

Do you really need feedback at your stage of your career? Talk to your peers who will know you better

Unregistered 31-01-2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

You and me we are one happy family

Unregistered 31-01-2022 08:21 PM

Quote:

prime minister is a good designation. go for it.

leveredcap 02-02-2022 11:50 PM

Hi, I am research analyst with 3 yrs of exp at an equity focused fund comping around 200k all-in. Anyone knows which reputable AM/HF/Family offices in sg that I could potentially join at this stage of career? How about the comp in those firms?

Unregistered 03-02-2022 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leveredcap (Post 201059)
Hi, I am research analyst with 3 yrs of exp at an equity focused fund comping around 200k all-in. Anyone knows which reputable AM/HF/Family offices in sg that I could potentially join at this stage of career? How about the comp in those firms?

try dbs...

Unregistered 03-02-2022 12:13 PM

Hey guys,

I am in between interviews with Capital Groups for the Europe/Asia Client Group early career program. And was wondering about the long-term prospects.

I wish to get into the Private Banking FO role. Is it possible to get to that after learning and gaining experience at CG in sales/Relationship Management role? If yes, how many years should I be looking at before making the switch?

Are there other better routes?

PS: I do not want to sound like I will surely get in CG, it's an "IF" question.