Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:25 PM

Adjustment only for Associate level in 2020 is one of the HR mistake that hit the ground!

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198856)
Which SVC you refer? Tiagong SVC staffs mostly are PM role to manage vendor, trying to practice agile but hybrid in the end!

yep.

all cannot match to the Agile Doctrine that GDS evangelises :D. still use traditional costing and set deadlines, never use story points vendoring, etc, etc :D

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198856)
Which SVC you refer? Tiagong SVC staffs mostly are PM role to manage vendor, trying to practice agile but hybrid in the end!

SVC ish 拖油瓶 ish jin sad

As long can catch mouse ish okay!

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198861)
Adjustment only for Associate level in 2020 is one of the HR mistake that hit the ground!

Is the Common Mistake that both DSTA and DSO made in 2015, which resulted in the same good old fashion of middle guys leaving in droves.

Not sure why even when there's clear precedence that GovTech HR can readily reference from, yet they still do the same thing. I guess maybe becoz it is less burdensome to justify to PSD on changing fresh grad salary, and they need to show something, so they just did it anyway.

Also, fresh grad easier to inculcate the Canonical Agile Manifesto, than mid-careers in various parts (particularly non-HQ) of GovTech, anyway

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198862)
yep.

all cannot match to the Agile Doctrine that GDS evangelises :D. still use traditional costing and set deadlines, never use story points vendoring, etc, etc :D

Hahaha I personally think agile is not suitable for everyone especially for managing an introvert team, you try everyday do 15mins stand up with your team you see they will quit or not.

But the service design is really not bad I would say, have to learn to use and adapt at work. service blueprint is a good tool!

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198861)

Bro this type LPPL le, things we cannot change we suck it up move on le, focus on what we can change ba. Peace yo!

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198864)
Is the Common Mistake that both DSTA and DSO made in 2015, which resulted in the same good old fashion of middle guys leaving in droves.

Not sure why even when there's clear precedence that GovTech HR can readily reference from, yet they still do the same thing. I guess maybe becoz it is less burdensome to justify to PSD on changing fresh grad salary, and they need to show something, so they just did it anyway.

Also, fresh grad easier to inculcate the Canonical Agile Manifesto, than mid-careers in various parts (particularly non-HQ) of GovTech, anyway

Wow didn’t know about this. So still up to PSD lor, like this must send all of them to design thinking course le.

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198867)
Wow didn’t know about this. So still up to PSD lor, like this must send all of them to design thinking course le.

Dunno, I guessing only, becoz DSTA also made same mistake in the past, so it feels like a pattern, then I infer that it is probably easier to justify increases for freshies than mid-careers

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198857)
its hard to believe this person is contributing much. should consider himself lucky that he's not fired if he is 7 yoe (4yr GT) and still at associate level

Many loh, u go check LinkedIn.

Wait till you see svc ones, pm/consultant become engineer. Keke

Unregistered 22-01-2022 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198868)
Dunno, I guessing only, becoz DSTA also made same mistake in the past, so it feels like a pattern, then I infer that it is probably easier to justify increases for freshies than mid-careers

Nothing is fair in this world.

Let’s just focus on the things we can do better, it’s not like we are going to retire here anyways.