Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 10-05-2024 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278205)
But services also gets affected some how. Will now absorb these GDS folks.

Hope they become humble a bit

I spoke to some of the GDS folks rotating to Services, and they are quite nice. Those who are too prideful probably would have quit. I feel that the bigger issue is the people who perpetuate the "dislike" of Services and PIC. At the end of the day, we are all GovTechies, so we should work together to bring more public good.

Unregistered 10-05-2024 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278208)
I spoke to some of the GDS folks rotating to Services, and they are quite nice. Those who are too prideful probably would have quit. I feel that the bigger issue is the people who perpetuate the "dislike" of Services and PIC. At the end of the day, we are all GovTechies, so we should work together to bring more public good.

What were these GDS roles before joining services? Skills and experience transferrable to services Ah?

Unregistered 10-05-2024 03:56 PM

Quote:

Very wise words. But have to see them la

They are on a sinking ship, not us

Unregistered 10-05-2024 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278218)
Very wise words. But have to see them la

They are on a sinking ship, not us

Simi sinking ship?

Unregistered 10-05-2024 06:03 PM

anyone is direct contract and not getting renewal?

Unregistered 10-05-2024 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278234)
anyone is direct contract and not getting renewal?

Think they won't be here...

Unregistered 10-05-2024 06:37 PM

is the current APA framework applied for APA 2024?

Unregistered 10-05-2024 09:09 PM

Quote:

its not that GDS people dislike Services.
in fact i have much respect to those guys.

the problem of being moved into Services, sometimes the environment you're working on is really a gamble.
- some govtechies who want to focus on technical track end up doing mostly PM work.
- don't really have much visibility for competency and promotion (especially if you're only the headcount there)
- people stuck at non-senior grades for many years is not uncommon, they have to do more work to get promoted unlike GDS

Unregistered 11-05-2024 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 278238)
is the current APA framework applied for APA 2024?

I think yes...

Unregistered 11-05-2024 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 274902)
Bad if your salary is at the higher end of the salary range for your salary grade.

people at higher end of the salary range, any comment after receive the bonus? is it bad as expected?