Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 28-12-2021 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195333)
Ya I also don’t know why. Whenever I mention to somebody they always wah wah wah.
I’m not a TAP, am in SVC group.
But I like here because my teammates are pretty stonk! No toxic culture (yet).

sorry whats SVC? service?

Unregistered 28-12-2021 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195344)
sorry whats SVC? service?

Yes sirrrrrrrrr

Unregistered 28-12-2021 01:13 AM

Tiagong HQ engineer higher pay , promotion faster than SVC engineer? Is that true? Why?

Unregistered 28-12-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195350)
Tiagong HQ engineer higher pay , promotion faster than SVC engineer? Is that true? Why?

True. Go ask HR

Unregistered 28-12-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195360)
True. Go ask HR

HQ Engineers are who? Which one is GDS under?

Unregistered 28-12-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Not sure whether it is uniformly true, but generally, those engineering divisions (GDS, SIOT, DSAI, etc) have it better than the rest of GovTech - better than not just SVC, but also the minority of engineers who directly report to non-engineering divisions (product management divisions for example).

What to do, GovTech's founding bedrocks are the precursors of GDS and DSAI, whilst the precursor to SVC is just the legacy burden that GovTech has to carry forward from IDA

Unregistered 28-12-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195148)
I got emplacement after one year. They informed me 3 weeks before.

For 2 years contract, usually will auto continue unless you are sooooo bad… imagine the hassle to find another replacement for u and if the replacement don come in fast, who will do your work? The other colleagues will have to cover and is a vicious cycle…

It takes 2 hands to clap

Not necessary. Some working groups (minority) are funded purely by short-lived funds by SNDGO and/or other govt funding bodies. Hence the use of contracts for these positions. For such positions, whether renew or not is not whether u cui or not, but whether the one who push for the proposals, i.e. ur boss or boss's boss, is cui or not.

But I agree, at the point of interview, not easy to differentiate whether the position is those renewable basis, or part of a project funded by govt grants.

Unregistered 28-12-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195391)
Not sure whether it is uniformly true, but generally, those engineering divisions (GDS, SIOT, DSAI, etc) have it better than the rest of GovTech - better than not just SVC, but also the minority of engineers who directly report to non-engineering divisions (product management divisions for example).

What to do, GovTech's founding bedrocks are the precursors of GDS and DSAI, whilst the precursor to SVC is just the legacy burden that GovTech has to carry forward from IDA

Actually how you all know HQ ones have it better? Tiagong from who?

Unregistered 28-12-2021 02:43 PM

Honestly, if you not converted to perm means you very lousy.

gotta take a hard look on yourself. just stating facts

Unregistered 28-12-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195398)
Honestly, if you not converted to perm means you very lousy.

gotta take a hard look on yourself. just stating facts

on the flip side, many of the best engineers don't want to be converted to perm also

anyway, contract has a better deal than perm