Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 17-12-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194114)
Tell me you can code a whole application for a projecct without any googling or stackoverflow :)

Obviously depends on the project right? Google and Stackoverflow are knowledge resources and are one part of Software Engineering. This does not mean that knowing how to use google and stackoverflow == software engineer like what you are suggesting. You tell me which technically focused jobs dont need refer to a knowledge source? It's like saying "oh I can be a professor because I can read, all you need to do is read mah?". Sounds dumb right?

Unregistered 17-12-2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Tell me you can code a whole application for a projecct without any googling or stackoverflow :)

haha, well said, totally agree, know how to google is also an art

Unregistered 17-12-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194091)
How u know? HR told u one?
May be already bundle in your offer, haha

Don’t know wor, have means have don’t have means don’t have don’t tell me bundle not bundle you think macdonald bundle meals ah :p

TGIF HUAT AH

Unregistered 17-12-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194095)
Just like how tomdickharry can become doctor what. just need to read right? any tomdickharry can also become lawyer what, got google mah. Dont trivialise what becoming a SWE takes lmao. I dont think you're a SWE cos anybody doing Software Eng will know it's alot more than just stackoverflow lmao. But if you're a SWE and you think this way, idk, are you not meeting your own expectations so you feel the need to bring the whole profession down? Whatever it is, keep that mindset and you are on your way to become one of those salty uncles/aunties that keep reminiscing on their glory days.

Ask that fella debug using google

Unregistered 17-12-2021 07:37 PM

Bundle in liao?
Lmao not like I asked for 5 and they auto adjusted to 5.5 right?!

Unregistered 17-12-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194118)
Don’t know wor, have means have don’t have means don’t have don’t tell me bundle not bundle you think macdonald bundle meals ah :p

TGIF HUAT AH

That's right bro, have then have, dont have then dont have sua. Not happy with pay, find another place sua.

Unregistered 17-12-2021 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194122)
That's right bro, have then have, dont have then dont have sua. Not happy with pay, find another place sua.

Tio! You are sibei right!

Unregistered 18-12-2021 02:26 AM

Quote:

yes? why not?

you know that libraries and documentation exist right?

Unregistered 18-12-2021 02:54 PM

Does anyone know if GovTech allows encashment of AL?

Unregistered 18-12-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194186)
Does anyone know if GovTech allows encashment of AL?

yes, when u resign. else NO