Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 18-09-2023 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256131)
Not sure why my previous comment was under review but here it go

I think its easier said than done. We govtechies stay because we want to see govtech grow. We govtehies are upset because its not equal chance for the rest of us who put in equal if not more effort during our service.

If they really are good, then announce it to the rest of the folks.but no, it was done quietly. So yes, we are upset and its super unfair

This is what happened to people who drank too much kool aid.

Management will always tell you one thing and then do the things that they deemed fit. Thats They paid to do what best for their KPI. Do you think they got time to consider low level grunts' opinion?

And your real KPI is to think what is best for your career and yourself. If GovTech is not giving you the opportunity or recognition or you think the system is flawed, then its best to find another place. Maybe when you excelled in other places, they might then take you seriously like the indeed folks

Unregistered 18-09-2023 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256041)
Aiyo why so buay song about the ex-indeed folks? I know quite a number of people from both indeed and govtech. Not in either company myself but have interviewed people from both groups before.

You think that govtech did them a charity, but really, these are talented people who could have gone else where if they wanted to. They can contemplate leaving ... because they can.

So...GovTech needs talented people but you're telling me somehow in the whole of Singapore, all the talented engineers only exist in Indeed? lmao

If they are so talented then why did the entire SG division get laid off for not delivering value?

Unregistered 18-09-2023 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256131)
Not sure why my previous comment was under review but here it go

I think its easier said than done. We govtechies stay because we want to see govtech grow. We govtehies are upset because its not equal chance for the rest of us who put in equal if not more effort during our service.

If they really are good, then announce it to the rest of the folks.but no, it was done quietly. So yes, we are upset and its super unfair

The CE send an email announcing exactly this - how was it done quietly?

I think it's best to vote with your feet.

Unregistered 18-09-2023 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256139)
So...GovTech needs talented people but you're telling me somehow in the whole of Singapore, all the talented engineers only exist in Indeed? lmao

If they are so talented then why did the entire SG division get laid off for not delivering value?

The financial sustainability of a business is not correlated to whether its workers deliver value.

The vast majority of newfangled tech "startups" or companies, even those that have managed to raise (a.k.a. hoodwink) hundreds of millions in VC or investor money, have not delivered any sort of value except to a select few first movers and the founders who cashed out. They are merely wealth transference mechanisms. Guess where all these founders moved their money once they cashed out? Into Good Class Bungalows - an asset class that actually provides tangible real world value!

I'm not saying that all SWEs don't deliver value. But lord knows that there are sure a whole lot of them floating around, who don't.

Unregistered 18-09-2023 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256046)
lmao ogp and ex indeed. happy to see what these indeed ppl do thats so great. govtech sells its ppl a career path and then shits on it when hiring indeed ppl. so what this says is govtech also thinks its ppl cmi and everyone shld just leave, both for good and bad ppl.

govtech hr tryin to dmg control huh

Ex-Indeed here. Fact is this. Compared to Govtech, our interview process is much more rigorous. Govtech's technical interviews are a joke compared to ours. Even if we did go through the interviews all us would have passed with flying colours.

This is just saving Govtech staff and its HR tonnes of unnecessary interviewing effort. People unhappy about this should just leave Govtech...that is if they have the skills and talent to land an equivalent job outside.

Unregistered 18-09-2023 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256154)
Ex-Indeed here. Fact is this. Compared to Govtech, our interview process is much more rigorous. Govtech's technical interviews are a joke compared to ours. Even if we did go through the interviews all us would have passed with flying colours.

This is just saving Govtech staff and its HR tonnes of unnecessary interviewing effort. People unhappy about this should just leave Govtech...that is if they have the skills and talent to land an equivalent job outside.

Hello ex indeed. Are u also the horde who joined govtech?

Otherwise who are u to say unhappy then just leave govtech. So u are also bringing indeed culture into govtech? No wonder its getting so poisonous now with all these new folks bringing such arrogant attitude into govtech

Unregistered 18-09-2023 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256157)

Otherwise who are u to say unhappy then just leave govtech. So u are also bringing indeed culture into govtech? No wonder its getting so poisonous now with all these new folks bringing such arrogant attitude into govtech

If people like you focus on developing your own talent and skills instead of the jealousy, then maybe Govtech would not have to try so hard to get us Ex-Indeedians to do your job.

Unregistered 18-09-2023 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256163)
If people like you focus on developing your own talent and skills instead of the jealousy, then maybe Govtech would not have to try so hard to get us Ex-Indeedians to do your job.

Why not get the ex-indeed ppl to blast the mailing list with their achievements for the last few months instead of complete silence? Even OGP does regular communication on their products. Or is the division just waiting for business and use cases to drop from the sky to them?

Unregistered 18-09-2023 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256157)

govtech brothers and sisters. its super unfair what the indeed people are getting. but all these ex-Indeed people cannot do our job. they are not even trying.

remember la - we are the ones working day in day out with officers/citizens, to have an impact to singapore society with tech. we can be proud of the work that we do.

Unregistered 18-09-2023 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256057)
Shouldn't be. Because PM focus on different thing such as financial, procurement and timeline of a project

BA does everything else. Functionality. Support etc

And are u at services or HQ?

From services. This sb on surface it looks like fun/ nothing much to do, but once you’re in, you’re in for a ride. Advertisements everywhere

Unregistered 18-09-2023 03:41 PM

Quote:

so skilled then how come still kena retrench from indeed?

cannot even find job on your own merit. still need a bailout from government somemore lolol

Unregistered 18-09-2023 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256173)
so skilled then how come still kena retrench from indeed?

cannot even find job on your own merit. still need a bailout from government somemore lolol

Another jealous imbecile...

Retrenchment due to overhiring was quite prevalent in the last two years. Even Google and Meta had retrenchments too. Does that mean their ex-employees are lousy?

Even if Govtech had not hired us, the positions would have gone to some other real talent instead of a promotion for you!

Unregistered 18-09-2023 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256183)

Retrenchment due to overhiring was quite prevalent in the last two years. Even Google and Meta had retrenchments too. Does that mean their ex-employees are lousy?

Even if Govtech had not hired us, the positions would have gone to some other real talent instead of a promotion for you!

Hahaha still not FAANG.

Everyone here cmi to FAANG. Fighting over scraps. No point fighting. You're all competing for spots on the reserve bench. I'm in the first team.

Unregistered 18-09-2023 04:56 PM

Quote:

lol yes. any one who got retrenched clearly wasn't delivering enough value

the question remains. if indeed engineers had any sort of talent why couldn't they make it to any other company through their own merit?

Unregistered 18-09-2023 05:02 PM

Quote:

Oh they tried very hard is it? Cause u very valuable and delivering high value project.

Unregistered 18-09-2023 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256165)
Why not get the ex-indeed ppl to blast the mailing list with their achievements for the last few months instead of complete silence? Even OGP does regular communication on their products. Or is the division just waiting for business and use cases to drop from the sky to them?

I think they will say wait la. Settle down first. Make seat hot, get to know then wait use case drop from sky.

No need go hunt since they so talented

Unregistered 18-09-2023 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256170)
From services. This sb on surface it looks like fun/ nothing much to do, but once you’re in, you’re in for a ride. Advertisements everywhere

Advertisement from what tho? I'm from services too.

Macam ELD lo. Only need do work for every 5 years haha

Unregistered 18-09-2023 05:05 PM

Quote:

Lol funny. We dont mind go to real talent. But its all done so quietly.

Come, blast email to #govtech-all and say your achievement and how talented ex indeed u are

Unregistered 18-09-2023 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256189)
I think they will say wait la. Settle down first. Make seat hot, get to know then wait use case drop from sky.

No need go hunt since they so talented

need to wait how long more for them to deliver something?

give my team 2 weeks and we're already pushing out brand new mobile apps

2-3 months already and these noobs still delivered nothing. no wonder the whole department got retrenched for being useless

Unregistered 18-09-2023 05:43 PM

Quote:

Wah seh top tier talent spotted

Instead of talking about the achievements that you made at Indeed, your only response is to say that "other people also got retrenched" and "everyone is jealous of muh success"

Such great foreign trash that the government is importing. Don't need to prove yourself through hardwork and achievements. Just drag people around you down to make yourself look better.

Unregistered 18-09-2023 05:44 PM

s://singaporeuncensored.com/sg-company-1-shot-hired-60-staff-give-them-20-higher-pay-dont-even-need-interview/

is this what I think it is?

Unregistered 18-09-2023 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256195)
s://singaporeuncensored.com/sg-company-1-shot-hired-60-staff-give-them-20-higher-pay-dont-even-need-interview/

Obviously it's a different company in this article

Quote:

So about 6 months ago, there was a top tech company that laid off their entire SG engineering team
Since when was Indeed a top tech company?

Unregistered 18-09-2023 06:50 PM

fight so much for what. i'm here eating popcorn.

at the end of the day, everyone here is still a replaceable codemonkey creating handphone apps for zoomers, boomers, aunties and uncles to use. or something akin to that.

don't think so highly of yourselves. you're not curing cancer or putting out burning buildings.

Unregistered 18-09-2023 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256195)

Lol I think its quite obvious but no one dare to post such article la

Unregistered 18-09-2023 09:18 PM

Quote:

A whole lot of speculation, come, request to do a proper interview then, and let's see if you retain your current grade.

Unregistered 19-09-2023 06:09 AM

Quote:

i think this thread was started because this ex-indeed hiring process was questionable.

your arrogance just validated how misguided this hiring process and judgement had been. the complaint is really about the higher-ups mgmt decision to pursue this, thinking lowly about their own people and that ex-indeed is a good deal.

Unregistered 19-09-2023 03:00 PM

Quote:

as if you could have better offer from other giant tech easily, then why still join Govtech?

Unregistered 19-09-2023 03:58 PM

Hi guys, off topics here. If it possible that I can bring Govtech's laptop to work from oversea? I am planning to go for holiday and I wanted to standby for work. Can they track the IP if connect to secure internet surfing(VPN)? if yes, who will be alerted and what is the impact?

Unregistered 19-09-2023 04:31 PM

Quote:

jiak liao bee at indeed kena pok still talk cock about what rigorous... pay some abnn 1k they can built a better HR site than the crap yall came up with

Unregistered 19-09-2023 04:33 PM

Quote:

if govtech never hire yall, yall can look for a job using indeed

Unregistered 19-09-2023 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256262)
if govtech never hire yall, yall can look for a job using indeed

Promoted from employees to customers! Lol!

Unregistered 19-09-2023 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256257)
Hi guys, off topics here. If it possible that I can bring Govtech's laptop to work from oversea? I am planning to go for holiday and I wanted to standby for work. Can they track the IP if connect to secure internet surfing(VPN)? if yes, who will be alerted and what is the impact?

I work in another government agency and as far as I know, it is against policy to bring your company issued laptop overseas as it flouts cybersecurity rules (sensitive information on your laptop if you lose it etc).

Unregistered 19-09-2023 10:16 PM

Quote:

Check with your CISO(?). There are agencies who have staffs travelling like crazy, and they will definitely need access to intranet, hence policies will be there to handle those scenarios.

Unregistered 20-09-2023 12:47 AM

Quote:

If anything happened ,u really will have to lodge police report and it won't look good on u

Either just apply leave or really can't, request for a clean gsib. It will give u 2 weeks worth of email and u can continue to work. But that's only for official work. Personal holiday dont think u will get a pass

Unregistered 20-09-2023 07:28 AM

Do u guys also noticed why Fin has so many different partners yet don’t know what they are doing?

Unregistered 20-09-2023 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256315)
Do u guys also noticed why Fin has so many different partners yet don’t know what they are doing?

What is fin?

Unregistered 20-09-2023 10:03 AM

Got FBP, PP and HRBP.

Most useless is the procurement partners PP, create unnecessary layer when required to buy things.

Unregistered 20-09-2023 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256327)
Got FBP, PP and HRBP.

Most useless is the procurement partners PP, create unnecessary layer when required to buy things.

Ah business partner.

Finance bp
Procurement specialist
Hr bp

Ok la, all doing different job

Unregistered 20-09-2023 06:18 PM

After receiving approval from procurement partners, there is still an additional step of obtaining clearance from procurement managers, which significantly prolongs the purchasing process. Furthermore, the situation is exacerbated by the fact that the procurement partner does not provide valuable insights

Unregistered 20-09-2023 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 256360)
After receiving approval from procurement partners, there is still an additional step of obtaining clearance from procurement managers, which significantly prolongs the purchasing process. Furthermore, the situation is exacerbated by the fact that the procurement partner does not provide valuable insights

Then there is no value, why can’t they rechannel these people to just do procurement?
Or why can’t FBP take on these roles?