Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 20-12-2022 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HmmmHi (Post 237368)
Understand that STE reorganised their pay and benefits. Can I ask what is the latest pay range for e5?

Cos there’s no AWS, so I’m not sure how the new pay range is calculated

The salary will be inclusive of the AWS component.

Let's say the base salary is $3000. Your monthly will be calculated as ($3000x13)/12 which is $3250.

HmmmHi 20-12-2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237374)
The salary will be inclusive of the AWS component.

Let's say the base salary is $3000. Your monthly will be calculated as ($3000x13)/12 which is $3250.

So basically, they 'buff' up de salary by reducing de benefits. Any idea, what is the pay range for fresh grad?

Unregistered 20-12-2022 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HmmmHi (Post 237384)
So basically, they 'buff' up de salary by reducing de benefits. Any idea, what is the pay range for fresh grad?

Basically, your annual salary is the same, they just play trick to make it align to market rate.

Unregistered 20-12-2022 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HmmmHi (Post 237384)

It is good for anyone who plans to jump ship. It allows them to command higher basic. For those who are staying, not really a good news.

Unregistered 21-12-2022 09:54 AM

For current 2022 rate, whats de pay range for E5, E6, M1 and M2 rank ? wanna know for comparison

Unregistered 27-12-2022 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237445)
For current 2022 rate, whats de pay range for E5, E6, M1 and M2 rank ? wanna know for comparison

I’m E5, currently paid at 3600.

Unregistered 28-12-2022 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237788)

My side from Aero based seletar, got fresh grad SIT 4.2k

Unregistered 28-12-2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237788)

Fresh grad? What class of honours?

Unregistered 29-12-2022 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237830)
Fresh grad? What class of honours?

Yes fresh grad, class of 2022. Second lower from NTU EEE. But i was exempted from NS also. So 3.6k was my best offer.

Unregistered 29-12-2022 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237857)
Yes fresh grad, class of 2022. Second lower from NTU EEE. But i was exempted from NS also. So 3.6k was my best offer.

Fresh grad with nothing other than a piece of paper awarded by teachers who have hardly spent enough time in the corporate world?
With triple E, I guess you are very strong in it? So...
What are you braggable achievements, Like... how many patents do you have?
What was the biggest deal you secured for any company? 10 million USD?
What designs have you participated in that was released into market which generated how much revenue?
What is the biggest problem you solved for any corporate world company? Like helping some mobile phone companies like Samsung sort out some quality problems? How much was the statistical reduction in nonconformities?
What was your yield when you implemented any changes that supposedly helped in design?

If you cannot answer any of those questions, and STE is honestly not a good place to learn. Go and look for large corporate companies that are open to fresh grads, pick that role up and spend 12 months on that role. Build up your profile and learn something. Life will be hard but at least rewarding because you learn something. There, you will learn their supply chain network, know their customers and suppliers and move along that line.

And whatever fairy tales you heard in school, validate it with the real world.

No short cut.

Unregistered 29-12-2022 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 237863)
Fresh grad with nothing other than a piece of paper awarded by teachers who have hardly spent enough time in the corporate world?
What designs have you participated in that was released into market which generated how much revenue?
What is the biggest problem you solved for any corporate world company? Like helping some mobile phone companies like Samsung sort out some quality problems? How much was the statistical reduction in nonconformities?
What was your yield when you implemented any changes that supposedly helped in design?

If you cannot answer any of those questions, and STE is honestly not a good place to learn. Go and look for large corporate companies that are open to fresh grads, pick that role up and spend 12 months on that role. Build up your profile and learn something. Life will be hard but at least rewarding because you learn something. There, you will learn their supply chain network, know their customers and suppliers and move along that line.

No short cut.

Ppl already tell you fresh grad you still bombard ppl with tons of stupid questions (acting very smart). Lucky STE don't have ppl like you. Or else kopi auntie gonna have a hard time understanding you.

Unregistered 03-01-2023 11:58 AM

ST huge company so the pay range between each pay grade is also large.

I've seen fresh grad pay ranging from 3.6k to 5k depending on which department and project. Even for programming roles it depends if you do web applications or AI.

Unregistered 03-01-2023 06:41 PM

Quote:

No short cut.

Yeah no shortcut but no need so salty la. take a chill pill else later high blood pressure.

Unregistered 03-01-2023 10:02 PM

Quote:

No short cut.

You sound like a fool

Unregistered 05-01-2023 10:22 AM

Quote:

No short cut.

Chill man.

Learning the theory is knowledge, learning the real life differences is experience.

Unregistered 06-01-2023 03:46 PM

Quote:

No short cut.

Wow... This post will age well. Ruthless truth that many in STE can never accept. Hiding behind the thick insulation of national funds, never seen real competition before.

Unregistered 09-01-2023 11:53 PM

Quote:

No short cut.

This is very true maybe just too harsh for some people who prefer to live in their dreams lah.

Unregistered 10-01-2023 11:08 AM

Does anyone know when does the ST pay out the bonus?
I heard different accounts so I'm clusless.

Some colleagues said it's 1 year from the date you join.
Some say its Jan.
Some say its Jun

Anyone know? I looked for my employment contract and it doesn't really say.

I joined mar last year. Asking cause planning to leave after bonus

Unregistered 10-01-2023 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238476)

Some say its Jan.
Some say its Jun

march is the bonus payout month. if you joined less than a year then it's pro-rated bonus, which may be paid out in april.

Unregistered 10-01-2023 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238476)

Some say its Jan.
Some say its Jun

Please stay

Unregistered 10-01-2023 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238497)
Please stay

Ya loh dun moe y these young people like to leave. Here so relak, everyday lepak collect pay so nothing
If dey leave you tink can survive meh? Sure die.

Unregistered 11-01-2023 10:56 AM

Waste of time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238500)
Ya loh dun moe y these young people like to leave. Here so relak, everyday lepak collect pay so nothing
If dey leave you tink can survive meh? Sure die.

I'm leaving because there is no other software developer in my team. I heard from colleagues that there is no promotion and career growth for software developer under this team and many have left before me and many will.

The division is not software based. The bosses are all not software or tech trained.
Honestly no idea how they can call themselves principal engineer...

Anyway my contract is 2 years. Heard bonus is only 0.5 months even more pathetic than outside work place that have at least 1 month aws or completion bonus.

And no, its not relax. I have to front client and do programming and maintain existing buggy software. All one person... And my RO was promoted just when I joined but he doesn't know anything.

Basically his job is just delegate work to me.
Meeting also he have no clue what is what. I don't think he is a software guy.
Heard his degree was EEE but he manages software team.

I guess here people are rewarded for their mouth and not brain.
So I decided not to waste my time anymore considering that I don't learn anything after 1 year.

It was a waste of my time joining here.
I'm young I need challenge and more $.
The culture here is so dead and old. Simple class component can be done in 3 hours at most. But the previous senior can spent 3 weeks on it.

And leave such a rotten code base. Intern level stuff.

Unregistered 11-01-2023 11:43 AM

Reminds me of an assistant principal engineer who joined us for lunch and forced us to team bonding..
Nobody in the team like him. During lunch he will talk big and big and big..

He drives..
But complained that he is low paid.

Our team just endure and we occasionally joked about who is going to entertain him during lunch.and everyone playing a game of who order food first etc. Last get to sit in front of that guy...

Team bonding happens naturally when there is a shared vision and work.
Just like you bond with other gamers.. You don't need to lunch with other gamers..
You just bond...

Here the culture of so called team bonding happened only like once a year.
Christmas or cny....

Its so fake since there is many opportunities for managers to bond with the team.
Example overtime la, or come to work early la.

Yet their sense of team bonding is dinner and dance etc.
And even in those events, they still have the hierarchy, vip tables etc to remind you that they are the important person and you are not...

Talk about lose touch.

Unregistered 11-01-2023 11:58 AM

Most places I work with lunch is late like 12 or 1.
Here lunch is like 1130 am, breakfast time but most ppl come back also by 1230 pm

BUT apparently, fresh grad doesn't know work ethics.
They go lunch from 1130 am to 2 pm everyday.

Until my boss today just made the admin to send email reminder that lunch is 45 min.

And they complaining and talking **** behind the back.
Some people don't know how to be tactful at work.
They complain that they see the seniors come back lunch at 130 pm

But they didn't see the senior only went lunch around 1245 pm... How could they when they are already outside lunch....

Its very fun working with fresh grad still with the "I'm a uni grad mentality, I can do whatever I want, I can go lecture if I like, I can stay up late as I like..."

Unregistered 11-01-2023 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238521)
I'm leaving because there is no other software developer in my team. I heard from colleagues that there is no promotion and career growth for software developer under this team and many have left before me and many will.

The division is not software based. The bosses are all not software or tech trained.
Honestly no idea how they can call themselves principal engineer...

Anyway my contract is 2 years. Heard bonus is only 0.5 months even more pathetic than outside work place that have at least 1 month aws or completion bonus.

And no, its not relax. I have to front client and do programming and maintain existing buggy software. All one person... And my RO was promoted just when I joined but he doesn't know anything.

Basically his job is just delegate work to me.
Meeting also he have no clue what is what. I don't think he is a software guy.
Heard his degree was EEE but he manages software team.

I guess here people are rewarded for their mouth and not brain.
So I decided not to waste my time anymore considering that I don't learn anything after 1 year.

It was a waste of my time joining here.
I'm young I need challenge and more $.
The culture here is so dead and old. Simple class component can be done in 3 hours at most. But the previous senior can spent 3 weeks on it.

And leave such a rotten code base. Intern level stuff.

Sounds like a division I knew.

Unregistered 11-01-2023 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238523)
Most places I work with lunch is late like 12 or 1.
Here lunch is like 1130 am, breakfast time but most ppl come back also by 1230 pm

BUT apparently, fresh grad doesn't know work ethics.
They go lunch from 1130 am to 2 pm everyday.

Until my boss today just made the admin to send email reminder that lunch is 45 min.

And they complaining and talking **** behind the back.
Some people don't know how to be tactful at work.
They complain that they see the seniors come back lunch at 130 pm

But they didn't see the senior only went lunch around 1245 pm... How could they when they are already outside lunch....

Its very fun working with fresh grad still with the "I'm a uni grad mentality, I can do whatever I want, I can go lecture if I like, I can stay up late as I like..."

However, if the bosses like the group, no such issue.

Unregistered 11-01-2023 04:37 PM

Hire

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238547)
Sounds like a division I knew.

Don't bluff la. Every division also need a software team..
But every division also just hire 1software guy and basically throw erbrything from excel to macro to xcripgd to printer.

Then there is a software division that doesn't have enough contracts of jobs or orders to justify hiring a big team of software people....

This place is really not good for tech people.
Honestly after working here for years I wouldn't even all this a tech company or software company...
Or even an engineering company...

Feels like its more of a project management, if outsource company... Everything is basically outsourced to some other party.... The people are just managers... Take money from one party. Channel to another party...

Keep the difference as profit....

Unregistered 11-01-2023 04:49 PM

Haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238548)
However, if the bosses like the group, no such issue.

Army culture... Do anything you want. Just don't get caught

Unregistered 11-01-2023 08:46 PM

Bonus should be by March Salary, so can throw letter the following day or must wait until 1 April?

Unregistered 11-01-2023 08:49 PM

Bonus should come in by March salary, so can tender the following day or 1 April?

Think about it, some how kena “eaten”, if tender in January, March bonus will not be given despite still need to serve 2 months notice period which is March by then, and within this period you’re still ST staff. 🤷🏻*♂️

Unregistered 12-01-2023 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238550)
Don't bluff la. Every division also need a software team..
But every division also just hire 1software guy and basically throw erbrything from excel to macro to xcripgd to printer.

Then there is a software division that doesn't have enough contracts of jobs or orders to justify hiring a big team of software people....

This place is really not good for tech people.
Honestly after working here for years I wouldn't even all this a tech company or software company...
Or even an engineering company...

Feels like its more of a project management, if outsource company... Everything is basically outsourced to some other party.... The people are just managers... Take money from one party. Channel to another party...

Keep the difference as profit....

Your experience with the management was exactly how the division I knew worked. Not software trained, no idea how software works but expect software to work miracle to solve all the issues, no matter being hardware, software or design issues.

Unregistered 12-01-2023 01:25 PM

What's the annual increment?
News say it is 3.75% but I only got 3%.
Did I perform below average?

Unregistered 13-01-2023 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238613)
What's the annual increment?
News say it is 3.75% but I only got 3%.
Did I perform below average?

The 3.75% is likely an average across the company. Your performance could be average as the percentage can easily be raised by the best performers.

Unregistered 13-01-2023 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238593)
Your experience with the management was exactly how the division I knew worked. Not software trained, no idea how software works but expect software to work miracle to solve all the issues, no matter being hardware, software or design issues.

ST staffs competence is frequently a shocking revelation. Insularity from the realities of life and harsh competition corporate staffs deal with made them complacent.

Unregistered 13-01-2023 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238567)
Bonus should come in by March salary, so can tender the following day or 1 April?

Think about it, some how kena “eaten”, if tender in January, March bonus will not be given despite still need to serve 2 months notice period which is March by then, and within this period you’re still ST staff. 🤷🏻*♂️

Haha, the thing is, it's stated that you have to not be serving notice period during the bonus disbursement period...

I don't know about other companies but my experience with my previous company and ST is this is the practice that you've to not be serving notice if you want your bonus.

By my understanding of the policy, once receive, can resign the next day liao.

Unregistered 17-01-2023 09:38 PM

anyone know how much is the bonus this year?

Unregistered 19-01-2023 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238871)
anyone know how much is the bonus this year?

Not sure... But from what i heard from my superior, the grading system has changed.... Now there's like a1 - a3,b1 - b3 and c1-c3 as compared to the previous grading scheme of A-C...

Unregistered 19-01-2023 04:11 PM

The grading system based on banding (1,2 or 3) and top 5%
That is what i was told

showmemoney 19-01-2023 05:46 PM

Anyone knows the job grades and salary range?

Unregistered 20-01-2023 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showmemoney (Post 238970)
Anyone knows the job grades and salary range?

Nobody knows including HR.
This company changes policy and org chart every year.
Hard to keep track and follow.