Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 06-03-2016 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80851)
Is there any career path in ST Engineering / ST Electronics if one does not aspire to be a project manager?

On average, how much does it pay for a local Singaporean software engineer with 7 years relevant experience?

Probably somewhere in the region of 7 to 9k if the experience is relevant.

Unregistered 06-03-2016 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80859)
Probably somewhere in the region of 7 to 9k if the experience is relevant.

For an average staff under ST engineering with 7 years exp,

you will be getting approx 4.5k-4.8k after 7 years of annual increment + 2 promotions.

I know it sux, but this is reality

Unregistered 07-03-2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80862)

you will be getting approx 4.5k-4.8k after 7 years of annual increment + 2 promotions.

ST Engineering can be quite huge, comparing Aerospace, Marine, Kinetics and Electronics maybe quite different?

Unregistered 09-03-2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Any career path in ST? Do all engineers eventually have to move up to project management role in their mid 30s or 40s? Or they have technical track to stay in?

Unregistered 31-03-2016 09:23 AM

Job nature and environment

Working in ST Engineering or ST Electronics, is it fast paced n high stress?
Do they demand immediate answers or solutions on the same day within hours?

Unregistered 06-04-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Ha ha ha. You sure or not? I once went for an interview in 2014 as software engineer. 6 years of relevant experience.

HR asked me what my expected salary. Asked for $5,000. She was stunned, then asked if I could go lower.
Asked for $4,800. She said still too high.
Asked for $4,500. She still asked if I could go lower.
I told her this is the lowest I could go.

Just went through the interview nonetheless but know she couldn't match my lowest expectation. No salary discussion but more of the project work.

Looks like a lowballer expecting to pay SME salary.
Couldn't even offer close to my expected salary still call me down for interview and waste my time, expecting me to give 20% discount and take pay cut?

Felt totally insulted that day. After I left thinking it would leave me alone, HR still had the cheek to call me on the phone asking if I would consider coming back for another interview with another manager/department. :mad:

DSTA engineers 6 years experience I think can reach $6,000.

Unregistered 06-04-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82933)
Ha ha ha. You sure or not? I once went for an interview in 2014 as software engineer. 6 years of relevant experience.

HR asked me what my expected salary. Asked for $5,000. She was stunned, then asked if I could go lower.
Asked for $4,800. She said still too high.
Asked for $4,500. She still asked if I could go lower.
I told her this is the lowest I could go.

Just went through the interview nonetheless but know she couldn't match my lowest expectation. No salary discussion but more of the project work.

Looks like a lowballer expecting to pay SME salary.
Couldn't even offer close to my expected salary still call me down for interview and waste my time, expecting me to give 20% discount and take pay cut?

Felt totally insulted that day. After I left thinking it would leave me alone, HR still had the cheek to call me on the phone asking if I would consider coming back for another interview with another manager/department. :mad:

DSTA engineers 6 years experience I think can reach $6,000.

As far as caliber of engineering field, STE is bottom tier together with NCS. Even other local SME IT providers get better people. You can't compare DSTA with STE.

I interact with some of the STE people before and I will never hire them even for 3k no matter how much exp they boast of.

Unregistered 06-04-2016 05:05 PM

Think it is paying below 50 percentile market rate. Still proudly promise "an attractive remuneration package" for successful candidates in some of its job ads. :D

Unbelievable.

Unregistered 06-04-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82940)
Think it is paying below 50 percentile market rate. Still proudly promise "an attractive remuneration package" for successful candidates in some of its job ads. :D

Unbelievable.

true, but then looking at the type of ppl who stay there i dun think they deserve 50 percentile either. both the skillset & attitude very bad compare to private sector. they are just living on gov contracts.

Unregistered 06-04-2016 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82938)
As far as caliber of engineering field, STE is bottom tier together with NCS. Even other local SME IT providers get better people. You can't compare DSTA with STE.

I interact with some of the STE people before and I will never hire them even for 3k no matter how much exp they boast of.

How about NCS? Is it any better in terms of salary, increments, professionalism, training opportunities, skill set?