Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 10-10-2016 01:57 PM

Have to agree with above. Many fat cats from gov side get offered a cushy job here with a fat increment on their already outrageous gov package. Once in an informal kopi session even got 1 ex-LTC bitching about how his 25k a month pay was not worth the 'fark up work' he had to do here compare to his Navy days.

I really feel bad for those who get stuck there. The good and young people usually leave within 1-2 years and the rest just get overwork underpaid there. But from what I understand from the Navy guy, you need connections with higher ups and good office politics to land a lucrative retirement job in ST. Many ex-military people try but didn't get in.

Unregistered 23-10-2016 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90948)
my side M3, degree, age around 40, getting low 6k only.

some M4 degree, age 45 getting high 9k....

the highest M4 i spoken with getting as high as 11k, those age 55-60

Wow. i thou M3 are earning 10k above ...

guess unless you are some high-flyer, you will never taste 10k by age of 35....

Unregistered 23-10-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91409)
Wow. i thou M3 are earning 10k above ...

guess unless you are some high-flyer, you will never taste 10k by age of 35....

You mean you just realise you need to be a high-flyer to reach 10k by 35 yo? Were you expecting an average 35 yo Joe walking on the street to make above 10k?

Some people really got warp understanding of reality...

Unregistered 23-10-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91413)
You mean you just realise you need to be a high-flyer to reach 10k by 35 yo? Were you expecting an average 35 yo Joe walking on the street to make above 10k?

A lot of misunderstanding cause by hearsay, rumours and social media where everyone try to create impression they are making big bucks living the high life. I have some facebook friends I know have mediocre careers in real life but on FB look like they are making few hundred grand a year.

Unregistered 24-10-2016 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91420)
A lot of misunderstanding cause by hearsay, rumours and social media where everyone try to create impression they are making big bucks living the high life. I have some facebook friends I know have mediocre careers in real life but on FB look like they are making few hundred grand a year.

Those in sales and financial industry are the worst. Many are desperate for attention - upload photos of car, fine dinning, holiday, win some company award, branded goods etc.

Unregistered 16-11-2016 11:24 PM

Are the pay here all quoted for engineers? How about other business functions in St aerospace?
Like those in finance, business development department. Are they being paid worse than engineers?

Unregistered 21-11-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91413)

ST de income inequality gap super high de.

Not all regulars will automatically get parachuted in as well, depends on luck. Those who parachute in really super heng and happy.Some of them have WP or director posts, but come in to work at 10am, leave work 5 pm type. Inbetween lunch time is about 2 hrs, come back from lunch then hide inside meeting room dunno do what.

M3 grade Shiok life right?

Unregistered 12-02-2017 08:41 PM

What is the Fresh graduate Salary if I join ST kinetic as software engineer?

Unregistered 13-02-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91079)
Have to agree with above. Many fat cats from gov side get offered a cushy job here with a fat increment on their already outrageous gov package. Once in an informal kopi session even got 1 ex-LTC bitching about how his 25k a month pay was not worth the 'fark up work' he had to do here compare to his Navy days.

I really feel bad for those who get stuck there. The good and young people usually leave within 1-2 years and the rest just get overwork underpaid there. But from what I understand from the Navy guy, you need connections with higher ups and good office politics to land a lucrative retirement job in ST. Many ex-military people try but didn't get in.

Dun know about "higher ups", but middle management and below, you will easily get in ST. What regular do not have connections?

Unregistered 13-02-2017 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94502)
Dun know about "higher ups", but middle management and below, you will easily get in ST. What regular do not have connections?

Depends on what you mean by middle management. For me the real middle management is M6/G1 level and I doubt any regular without the right connections can just parachute in. Of course if you are talking about manager job titles then I agree anyone can get in.