Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MAS for Mid Career Professionals (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2119-monetary-authority-singapore-mid-career-professionals.html)

Unregistered 24-11-2021 10:08 AM

How many annual leaves can you b/f to next year? Can encash if not utilised?

Unregistered 24-11-2021 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191066)
How long does it takes to promote from 1 grade to another? Any real-life example of mid joiners promoting within 1 or 2 years? Say from 12 to 11 and 11 to 10?

Got. Especially those departments/divisions which turnover rate is high. lol

Unregistered 24-11-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191246)

Mind sharing which departments/divisions?

Unregistered 24-11-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191246)

High turnover because they are highly sought after outside or because of push factors?

Unregistered 24-11-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191162)
You first colleague left barely after 1 year? Even though he is getting promotion next apr? Either push factor too hard or another offer is too attractive.

actually my colleague's div head left MAS first. Whatever promise the div head told my colleague abt promotion next year Apr will no longer be valid because the div head is not in MAS already. Hence, my colleague rather leave than stay and wait for promotion.

Unregistered 24-11-2021 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191012)
Before that there wont be any year-end appraisal sessions with your in-charge where he/she will let u know if you are getting promotion? Thats very diff from pte sector where one usually know a couple of months in advance. Thanks anyway.

It really depends cause this is all about boss style and staff style.

Some staff don't dare to ask cause Asian culture is don't want to appear hard-up for promo or scared boss shoot back "what about your work output deserves promotion?"

Some boss don't want to say cause they scared something might go wrong once the promotion approval goes through the levels of bureaucracy , so they don't want to give you hope unnecessarily just incase.

The bigger problem is alot of people are expecting promotion to be given on a platter nowdays. What happen to the days of actually getting promoted cause you really delivered output and hence are getting rewarded. Nowdays is I join this year, can get promoted next year or not? Don't understand.the mindset.

Unregistered 24-11-2021 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191231)
How many annual leaves can you b/f to next year? Can encash if not utilised?

1 full year worth of leave. This year and last year got some extra arrangement to bring forward additional leave or encash up to a certain amount as many people didn't take much leave due to covid.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191352)
1 full year worth of leave. This year and last year got some extra arrangement to bring forward additional leave or encash up to a certain amount as many people didn't take much leave due to covid.

1 full year is pre-covid policy? Wah means 42 days of leave next year. Confirm can clear all or not? haha

Unregistered 25-11-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191350)
It really depends cause this is all about boss style and staff style.

Some staff don't dare to ask cause Asian culture is don't want to appear hard-up for promo or scared boss shoot back "what about your work output deserves promotion?"

Some boss don't want to say cause they scared something might go wrong once the promotion approval goes through the levels of bureaucracy , so they don't want to give you hope unnecessarily just incase.

The bigger problem is alot of people are expecting promotion to be given on a platter nowdays. What happen to the days of actually getting promoted cause you really delivered output and hence are getting rewarded. Nowdays is I join this year, can get promoted next year or not? Don't understand.the mindset.

it depends on the age and experience/skillset. I have worked in other stat boards such as DSTA, IDA (now known as GovTech) etc for 17 years. i joined MAS last year as AD only. HR give me the reason because my team lead was AD that time when i joined. I cannot join as DD, and report to AD. Now my team lead become DD. Hence I hoped i can become DD soon.

Unregistered 25-11-2021 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 191160)
Yes. Very few will promote within 1 or 2 years. My division, in IT Dept, has one lady promoted from AD to DD in two years. Morale of story is div head like this staff. Div Head thought this staff know lots of things. But this staff know how to act well. Actually this staff at the back ask a lot of help from others. She has been going on leave without apply leave in system. Before we start work from home arrangement, she will tea break very long with others when div head not in office. Wonder div head is aware of her behaviour or not. Promote this kind of person to DD. Div Head's eyes got stamp.

while the rest work so hard and have been in MAS for so many years, still stuck as AD

i know this person. hahahaha. super good acting skills and eat snake queen. very obvious she is acting in front of div head. Div head close eyes or not aware.