Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MAS for Mid Career Professionals (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2119-monetary-authority-singapore-mid-career-professionals.html)

Unregistered 18-12-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194207)
Obviously they value their scholars and graduate hires more than others. Mid careers are known to be a tier or 2 below unless you are specifically headhunted by them.

Yes. Mid careers are not valued and are typically treated as "hands and legs". Also used to fill the bottom percentile of the bell curve when it comes to appraisal time.

Unregistered 19-12-2021 07:44 PM

U guys got off on xmas eve and new year eve? Or still full day?

Unregistered 20-12-2021 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194255)
U guys got off on xmas eve and new year eve? Or still full day?

Half day.

Chao Turtle MD immediately ask everyone go back in Jan. Let's see what happens when Covid blows up in office.

Unregistered 20-12-2021 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194210)
Yes. Mid careers are not valued and are typically treated as "hands and legs". Also used to fill the bottom percentile of the bell curve when it comes to appraisal time.

This is certainly not true. As a mid-career, it might not be as easy to reach the pinnacle of the organization, but it is definitely possible to perform well and get a decent appraisal. Saying this as a mid-career and having observed other mid-careers in my department.

Unregistered 20-12-2021 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194204)
Sounds fake. Most have no skillsets. Why would pte sector pay a 30% premium? 😂

You missed out the key words "it depends". Some roles obviously have more transferable skillsets than others.

Unregistered 20-12-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194360)
Half day.

Chao Turtle MD immediately ask everyone go back in Jan. Let's see what happens when Covid blows up in office.

Rather than try to hide beneath the veneer of COVID, why don't you just admit that many of us have grown accustomed to working from home and prefer it that way.

Unregistered 20-12-2021 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194373)
Rather than try to hide beneath the veneer of COVID, why don't you just admit that many of us have grown accustomed to working from home and prefer it that way.

Ya la work from home so shiok, WLB, uknock off 6pm jogging, come back shower and dinner, take a quick nap, do self learning till midnight, play crypto abit, slp at 2am, wake up at 8:30. Rinse and repeat so fruitful leh.

I’d go back office, where can do so many things!!!! Hiazz time to exit liao

Unregistered 20-12-2021 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193896)
One trick is to go outside for 1 year, get pay increment.
Join back, and get another pay increment.

This is not uncommon if you look around, there are staff returning back after going out and come back, their salary is much higher compare if they are to stay in the same organization.

Hard truth, loyalty will cause you to "lose" money

tis is true and I saw it in many departments...
BUt leaving and coming back will lose the years in services, i am hitting 10 years soon and will have 28 days of leave.

Unregistered 21-12-2021 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194381)
tis is true and I saw it in many departments...
BUt leaving and coming back will lose the years in services, i am hitting 10 years soon and will have 28 days of leave.

dont think if you went out it would be the same for you

Unregistered 21-12-2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 194381)
i am hitting 10 years soon and will have 28 days of leave.

Frankly speaking the 28 days is not worth much because most of the time you will be too busy to spend most of it.