Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MAS for Mid Career Professionals (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2119-monetary-authority-singapore-mid-career-professionals.html)

Unregistered 25-06-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139723)
I was from MAS grad prog. Grad prog ppl are treated the same as MAS scholars. In fact, I believe I got way more perf bonus than the scholar in the same batch. I did not observe scholars getting promoted abnormally faster than others, though i think they try to give them more showcase opp but these are not something that is unreachable if you are a motivated non-scholar. Likewise, there is no distinction of first or second class upper degree holders - same pay and the progression after your first 5 years there depends on how you perform in your first 1-2yrs (basically impressions form in the first few years and that will determine your opportunities to showcase and hence your promotion chances and perf bonus amt) and also depends on your boss (pretty much like outside actually). It is possible for mid-career to join and be in the same track as those direct from fresh grad but these are usually those who are relatively junior e.g. if they spent only abt 2-3 yrs in audit before moving to MAS.

The real crappy part of joining MAS is you will feel stuck after your first 5 to 7 yrs. it will be exponentially hard to get promoted after you reach DD (which is the peak for some of the ppl there), your salary growth will start to decelerate when compared to peers in private sectors. At that stage, you will really need to think hard if you wanna continue and stagnate there or go out and try. But another set of challenges may set in, cuz after 5 to 7 yrs of conditioning in MAS, it can get quite difficult to adjust to the outside world. But yea if you are fresh grad, enjoy your first 5 to 7 years. it is a decent experience, i would say it definitely trumps working banking BO or audit.

I see so many people in their late 30s-40s getting so insecure of their position that they just throw/ignore any brilliant junior. Typical DDs. Just make them do the work and they claim the credit.

Unregistered 19-07-2020 11:55 AM

Interesting.. hearing that the ground people are dying due to the many measures rolled out due to covid..

Unregistered 23-07-2020 04:11 PM

Does MAS looks at undergrad degree when considering mid level professionals or they put more emphasis on the relevant experience.

Unregistered 23-07-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142471)
Does MAS looks at undergrad degree when considering mid level professionals or they put more emphasis on the relevant experience.

They look at everything, even O and A level

Unregistered 23-07-2020 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142522)
They look at everything, even O and A level

Don't expect for them to value your experience once you're in. You'll be treated like a trainee and expected to run in the hamster wheel fast like all the others.

Unregistered 24-07-2020 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142549)
Don't expect for them to value your experience once you're in. You'll be treated like a trainee and expected to run in the hamster wheel fast like all the others.

Agreed. Been here 4 years, and every day is a new challenge. Feels nothing like what I had expected of a public service job

Unregistered 28-07-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142561)
Agreed. Been here 4 years, and every day is a new challenge. Feels nothing like what I had expected of a public service job

Yeah agree. Feels like hamster wheel with no transferable skills at times though

Unregistered 28-07-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142834)
Yeah agree. Feels like hamster wheel with no transferable skills at times though

depends on which department you're in i guess

Unregistered 09-08-2020 11:08 PM

How does the grades in MAS correspond to the MX grades?

Is grade 12 = MX 12 and grade 11 = MX 11 (not even MX 11A)?

Unregistered 10-08-2020 01:06 AM

what's a typical performance bonus like for fresh grads starting out in MAS?