Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MAS for Mid Career Professionals (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2119-monetary-authority-singapore-mid-career-professionals.html)

Unregistered 26-04-2024 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276532)
If got project and can get promoted, not bad already. Some can even get promoted without having ever delivered a project.

Act there are a lot of these people. We called them freeloaders.. and unfortunately, they are the bosses' fav and they just claim the credits for the project and get the promotion.

Unregistered 26-04-2024 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276704)
LJ lah you. Can bother to post to create fear that people can be “unmasked” but got no time to say how it happens, when anyone with a common sense knows is not possible without illegal means. You think you can fool people here just because you can talk nonsense to FIs and force things down their throat?

I just chip in on the last sentence as the rest of your post is too funny.

1. So far most of the MAS officers I know have a pretty cordial relationship with their FI counterparts. (Not all, some of the older ones still prefer to keep arms length distance - story for another day - but there was some feedback before that generally younger ones are friendlier). And this must be the case because we ask so much information from them. Not just what is required as part of regulatory returns but all the extras to answer bosses questions (especially when they are new heh heh heh). Imagine if one day your FI compliance or risk management decides it’s not necessary provide you the extent of detail you ask for becos it’s not required by regs or guidelines! How will you write your long internal report!

2. You’re prob underestimating FIs if you think they will meekly accept “nonsense” talk. I have encountered FIs who are more than able to hold their own in a discussion with robust views instead of simply acquiescing.

3. It’s also prob unwise for anyone to act as you described, since every now and then mas folks will resign and try to join industry, now suppose someone has a lousy reputation as the mas liaison, do you think any FI worth their salt will want to onboard them? (whether they can perform after taking off the mas hat is a separate matter)

Unregistered 27-04-2024 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276713)
Act there are a lot of these people. We called them freeloaders.. and unfortunately, they are the bosses' fav and they just claim the credits for the project and get the promotion.

Wow freeload and can still become bosses' fav? Wah kaoz, strange world.....

Unregistered 27-04-2024 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276833)
Wow freeload and can still become bosses' fav? Wah kaoz, strange world.....

Yeah I oso wanna know how. Mayb they can speak well and answer questions durin presentation, others juz do the behind scene hard work

Unregistered 27-04-2024 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276840)
Yeah I oso wanna know how. Mayb they can speak well and answer questions durin presentation, others juz do the behind scene hard work

Good mouth skills =)

Unregistered 28-04-2024 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276843)
Good mouth skills =)

Per hour about $50 and above (based on 20 work days a month, official working hours of 8.5 a day)

Unregistered 28-04-2024 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276843)
Good mouth skills =)

Heh 8=====:D :O

Unregistered 28-04-2024 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276850)
Per hour about $50 and above (based on 20 work days a month, official working hours of 8.5 a day)

So cheap ah hahahahahaha

Unregistered 29-04-2024 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276840)

Or blame other colleagues with irrelevant issues to make themselves look damn gilat.

Unregistered 29-04-2024 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 276713)

It’s give an impression of a sinking ship.