Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MAS for Mid Career Professionals (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/2119-monetary-authority-singapore-mid-career-professionals.html)

Unregistered 16-08-2023 05:29 PM

is mas hard to get in in the recent years? i heard they look alot at qualifications as compared to other agencies.

Unregistered 16-08-2023 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254083)
is mas hard to get in in the recent years? i heard they look alot at qualifications as compared to other agencies.

at least local degree holder + good communication skills + purpose and passion for the community

Unregistered 17-08-2023 07:33 PM

Quote:

typical pay peanuts but expect top tier quality.

Unregistered 18-08-2023 01:50 AM

Quote:

They are losing their appeal these days

Unregistered 18-08-2023 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 251779)
There are different tech departments within the organization. There are tech risk, data analytics, ITD, etc.

There are big changes within the ITD, where i heard all of their Division Head within the department are "stepping down" and we have all new Division Head now.

For all Division Head to be changed within a span of 1-2 years, it is not common, we are not talking about 1 or 2 or 3, but ALL of the Division Head are CHANGED for whatever reason they can try to justify, but we can see that with a new AMD , things changes fast.

Job stability in public services isn't like what it is from the past, you could be managed out. However for majority that are Deputy Director (DD) and below, you are safe, as you are farmer.

Step down? But where would these div heads go then??

Unregistered 18-08-2023 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254208)
They are losing their appeal these days

Of all the agencies, this is one of branded ones to be in though.

Unregistered 18-08-2023 12:34 PM

Not conducive for growth. Lots of micro-managing and management is actually not open minded even though they claim they are. Most of the time they just want yes man to validate their decisions.

Unregistered 18-08-2023 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254209)
Step down? But where would these div heads go then??

Some went to join the banks.

Unregistered 19-08-2023 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254081)
Means what ah? What is a MAS grade 10 equiv to MX level?

Meaning even if you are a DD is civil service, MAS is not committed to make you a DD Iunder MAS Officer scheme. MAS does not consider "matching" your MX grade but will match job responsibilities.

Unregistered 23-08-2023 08:41 PM

Would being asked to fill G50 means you are hired in a govt ministry / SB?