Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Soangeli 17-12-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 127242)
Speaking as a production support manager, if you haven't moved into a support role before, it would be good to round out your skillsets in spending some time in a production support/maintenance role for a short period.

Depending on the organization you work in, and the current and future affairs of your organization, it's good to have a support/maintenance skillset as the world of development moves into DevOps. So if you are doing only waterfall development, and that's not going to change in the next two to three years, you may want to consider moving on, but that depends on where you are in life, your age, circumstances etc. If you work in a world of hybrid development styles (WAgile/Watergile?) it's certainly worth evaluating. In my organization, production support/maintenance has the most power and influence. In a lot of other organizations, it's the other way around, but that depends on your Agile/DevOps roadmap and maturity.

I have a few developers in my team who moved into a production support/maintenance role, and for them, they were much more appreciative of the development and support process, particularly when we are on a path to move towards DevOps. Some food for thought.

First of all, thank you for the advice! I知 a local uni grad and earn up 4.2k in NCS now.. basically you have mention exactly what I知 afraid of... It痴 more about the working circumstances or says the culture..

I知 under the waterfall development and everything is still kind of ok when it is about to get the code done.. The case is I知 afraid of once heading into maintenance then my colleagues with same level also including me will face a very tough challenge as we having a kind of political team lead who show dick face to all of us but be nice nice to higher rank.. can say the good thing here is our batch and our pm very supportive.. so I知 really confused about if I should move on alr..

bcrdukes 18-12-2019 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soangeli (Post 127251)
First of all, thank you for the advice! I知 a local uni grad and earn up 4.2k in NCS now.. basically you have mention exactly what I知 afraid of... It痴 more about the working circumstances or says the culture..

I知 under the waterfall development and everything is still kind of ok when it is about to get the code done.. The case is I知 afraid of once heading into maintenance then my colleagues with same level also including me will face a very tough challenge as we having a kind of political team lead who show dick face to all of us but be nice nice to higher rank.. can say the good thing here is our batch and our pm very supportive.. so I知 really confused about if I should move on alr..

I can't speak for your salary (as I am not a local Singaporean, and exploring Singapore as the next place for me to move my career to) but I am of the opinion who you work with and for can make and/or break your career. If it means leaving this team and making a few hundred dollars less, but knowing your team lead/management team will take care of you through and through, it's a judgement call for you to make. Right or wrong, that's for you to decide and to judge. Hope that helps.

Soangeli 18-12-2019 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 127284)
I can't speak for your salary (as I am not a local Singaporean, and exploring Singapore as the next place for me to move my career to) but I am of the opinion who you work with and for can make and/or break your career. If it means leaving this team and making a few hundred dollars less, but knowing your team lead/management team will take care of you through and through, it's a judgement call for you to make. Right or wrong, that's for you to decide and to judge. Hope that helps.

Yup I do feel like it痴 not about few hundred bucks but mostly for my career development.. Maybe it痴 about time to plan for leaving.. After all I知 not good at tai chi and complement all this kind of stuff..

Thank you :)

Unregistered 29-12-2019 02:57 PM

Anybody working as communication engineer nucleus program? I got an interview opportunity for that role. Mind to share the job description? Thank you.

Unregistered 31-12-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127653)
Anybody working as communication engineer nucleus program? I got an interview opportunity for that role. Mind to share the job description? Thank you.

Not bad and quite slack plus high pay for fresh grad .

Unregistered 06-01-2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127684)
Not bad and quite slack plus high pay for fresh grad .

Hi, do you know how long is the processing time after the interview? I am quite interested in this job.

kothi 16-01-2020 02:14 PM

Anyone please please guide me on this....I Got an offer with NCS $6800 salary for the position Lead software engineer with P3 grade. I am asking for more salary, are they flexible enough to offere more salary?

I just wanted to check how does the promotion works in NCS ? Is it easy enough to get promoted as PM as I have 3 years of PM experince with overall 9 years of software expernce? After promotion how much will the salary differs?

kothi 16-01-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 127857)
Hi, do you know how long is the processing time after the interview? I am quite interested in this job.

Usually it depends, for me it took almost 2 months untill they come to final stage ...Singtel processing is very slow...

Unregistered 17-01-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kothi (Post 128113)
Anyone please please guide me on this....I Got an offer with NCS $6800 salary for the position Lead software engineer with P3 grade. I am asking for more salary, are they flexible enough to offere more salary?

I just wanted to check how does the promotion works in NCS ? Is it easy enough to get promoted as PM as I have 3 years of PM experince with overall 9 years of software expernce? After promotion how much will the salary differs?

You can try to negotiate. Otherwise, go somewhere else.

Unregistered 18-01-2020 12:27 PM

Queries on NCS

Hi,

Anyone able to advice on the typical new hire employee benefits such as number of leaves?

Also how's the work culture like under system integration / big data team?

Thanks!

Unregistered 18-01-2020 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128162)
Hi,

Anyone able to advice on the typical new hire employee benefits such as number of leaves?

Also how's the work culture like under system integration / big data team?

Thanks!

Newly hired guy here, welfare is quite good but not sure about the work culture. 18 days leave. But I heard it is very common to work OT.

Unregistered 18-01-2020 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kothi (Post 128113)

Not easy to get promoted after P3 grade. Alot of ppl get stuck in P3/P4 Grade until they retire. To move up after that is more about managing your manager and your manager's manager.

6800 is not really that high for someone with 12 yrs of experience tbh as their bonuses is not that high. Could negociate for higher base pay instead since there is a chance you will get no bonus which happen for last year for alot of people since company not doing well

Unregistered 18-01-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128176)
Newly hired guy here, welfare is quite good but not sure about the work culture. 18 days leave. But I heard it is very common to work OT.

Work culture depends on project but generally after the last year hoo ha of re-org, lots of the good managers/team lead have left the company. So it seems to be harder to find a project with good working culture now. Some team have preferred nationality too if you know what i mean after the recent news on MOM report hahaha

Unregistered 22-01-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128181)
Work culture depends on project but generally after the last year hoo ha of re-org, lots of the good managers/team lead have left the company. So it seems to be harder to find a project with good working culture now. Some team have preferred nationality too if you know what i mean after the recent news on MOM report hahaha

Agree . A lot good manager , team lead and engineer left .

Unregistered 13-02-2020 03:07 PM

Anyone know what is the salary for Associate Data Analytics Platform Engineer for diploma holder?

Unregistered 14-02-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128827)
Anyone know what is the salary for Associate Data Analytics Platform Engineer for diploma holder?

Best is to avoid NCS, there many good company other than NCS

Unregistered 15-02-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128864)
Best is to avoid NCS, there many good company other than NCS

Any suggestiong?

Unregistered 18-02-2020 03:22 PM

Offer timeframe

Hi just wanna ask around to see if anyone in the same situation as me.

Basically i went for the interview at ncs for their software engineer nucleus program in january 2020. I was sent an email with some basic info about them offering me a role as software engineer after a few days. I accepted the offer via email but after that, i did not receive any email till now. I emailed them but no replies. Anyone in the same situation?

Unregistered 25-02-2020 08:07 PM

Joined ?

May I ask has your problem sorted out ? Have you already joined NCS ?

Unregistered 26-02-2020 08:36 PM

Fresh Grad

May I know what's the pay like for a fresh grad? I heard that it is based on your GPA. What are the benefits besides 18 days of leave?

Unregistered 27-02-2020 12:23 AM

Fresh grad pay for application consultant is 4k
Avg bonus 2 - 3

Unregistered 28-02-2020 09:53 PM

Does NCS take fresh grads from local uni as network engineers?

Unregistered 29-02-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124664)
Anyone has accurate data or knowledge of P5 (senior manager) or E1 (assoc director) salaries? Just wondering if this is a worthwhile company to grow my career in as it typically takes at least 8 to 10 years of experience to reach those grades...

Bump up this question.
What is the range of an associate director salary, under E right?

Also, in this economic climate+C19 virus issue, I'm also worried about low-balling by the HR or Hiring manager..

Unregistered 03-03-2020 08:58 PM

pay for data scientist ?

Unregistered 23-05-2020 10:30 PM

any hr peeps here can explain singtel performance rating get how many months of pay? for this year and last year estimates.

rating 1 = ?
rating 2 = ?
rating 3 = ?

Unregistered 26-05-2020 05:48 PM

Anyone know what the office attire for NCS?

Unregistered 26-05-2020 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135295)
Anyone know what the office attire for NCS?

shirt and jeans. if need meet client then depends maybe polo tee or working shirt

Unregistered 26-05-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135297)
shirt and jeans. if need meet client then depends maybe polo tee or working shirt

LOL, I am thinking of wearing business shirt and Pant for my first day of work. Is it too casual if first day come in shirt and Jean? BTW shirt u mean business shirt?

Unregistered 26-05-2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135302)
LOL, I am thinking of wearing business shirt and Pant for my first day of work. Is it too casual if first day come in shirt and Jean? BTW shirt u mean business shirt?

Better to be overdress. Once your colleagues ask you to dress down, then you dress down.

Unregistered 30-05-2020 08:23 PM

MSD Cat 2A clearance

Recently got offee with NCS. But subjected to clearance. Wonder what is the wait time. Anyone got cleared recently?

Unregistered 30-05-2020 08:37 PM

What is software enginneer salary at NCS for fresh grad from local uni?

Unregistered 31-05-2020 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135915)
What is software enginneer salary at NCS for fresh grad from local uni?

s://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/certified-systems-security-network-training-68/ncs-nucleus-2-0-a-6232129.html

Unregistered 31-05-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135966)

s://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/certified-systems-security-network-training-68/ncs-nucleus-2-0-a-6232129.html

Yes, about there for tech roles. Increments are poor so ppl isuallynonky stay for 2 to 3 years.

Unregistered 31-05-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135992)
Yes, about there for tech roles. Increments are poor so ppl isuallynonky stay for 2 to 3 years.

Typo: usually only*

Unregistered 31-05-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135993)
Typo: usually only*

they sponsoring masters wor

Unregistered 31-05-2020 10:07 PM

Getting a bit confused, I see some post here P3 grade is Lead Consultant then my friend got offer for P4 grade as Lead Consultant?

Unregistered 02-06-2020 06:33 PM

NCS Nucleus Program

Has anyone participated in the Nucleus program before? And if so, how is the recruitment process like? (Like if there are any technical assessments or whether the interviews are tough etc)

kehsiaowarrior 15-06-2020 08:03 PM

Anyone knows for NCS Nucleus Programme has a standard working place or is heng suay selected one?

Unregistered 15-06-2020 10:20 PM

Heard first 7 weeks is on course then after that based on your performance.. if good go companies to develop new stuff... if bad go companies to maintain existing products

Unregistered 19-06-2020 10:31 AM

Class of honor

Is there any differences in pay for different honors for nucleus program?