Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Unregistered 25-07-2020 12:32 PM

Salary for senior consultant

Anyone knows what is the salary range for senior application consultant? if you promote from application consultant

Unregistered 27-07-2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142677)
Anyone knows what is the salary range for senior application consultant? if you promote from application consultant

No need compare. Fresh grad earning more than you senior.

Unregistered 28-07-2020 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142806)
No need compare. Fresh grad earning more than you senior.

fresh grads enter nucleus programme as application consultation, and its natural that they are promoted to senior application consultant. Please answer his question.

Unregistered 29-07-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141311)
Does anyone happen to know The salary range and benefits?

U get $300 Singtel credit every year to offset your Singtel bills
Every year July - $520 cash

Unregistered 29-07-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142870)
fresh grads enter nucleus programme as application consultation, and its natural that they are promoted to senior application consultant. Please answer his question.

Senior application consultant = 4k
Fresh grad = 4.5k

Unregistered 05-08-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142917)
Senior application consultant = 4k
Fresh grad = 4.5k

Sadly true

Unregistered 06-08-2020 04:40 PM

senior application consultant pay

Cannot be what........ Promote to senior application consultant sure will increase pay. Plz roughly input the range salary....

Unregistered 06-08-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143403)
Cannot be what........ Promote to senior application consultant sure will increase pay. Plz roughly input the range salary....

Promotion is based on % to your current base salary. Not based on fresh grad.
The sad truth is fresh grad are overpaid. So seniors better tekan the freshie assign them all works. Fix bugs / work on outdated legacy software / non interesting project.

sinkingfeeling 07-08-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143411)
Promotion is based on % to your current base salary. Not based on fresh grad.
The sad truth is fresh grad are overpaid. So seniors better tekan the freshie assign them all works. Fix bugs / work on outdated legacy software / non interesting project.

You forgot to mention one important benefit, pass all the saikang to freshie = can sleep well at night :(

Unregistered 07-08-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 143460)
You forgot to mention one important benefit, pass all the saikang to freshie = can sleep well at night :(

yeah freshi 4.4k le ofc we expect them to deliver like seniors.
u think they are freshie 3k ah

Unregistered 08-08-2020 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143465)
yeah freshi 4.4k le ofc we expect them to deliver like seniors.
u think they are freshie 3k ah

senior takes 1 week to finish a simple module.
Freshie takes 1 month and still can't finish a simple module.

Unregistered 23-08-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142677)

If u lucky, maybe 12% to 15% promo increment. But these 2 years market bad, so maybe about 10%.

Unregistered 23-08-2020 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143490)
senior takes 1 week to finish a simple module.
Freshie takes 1 month and still can't finish a simple module.

so many salty boomers complaining about freshies earning more than them

now tech so hot, ppl want comp sci grads to groom them into their production line, so to remain competitive companies are paying more for them now. if other companies already paying 4k+ for comp sci grads, and your company still stick to 3k, who will want to join your company? even those who want to join, there must be a reason why they turning down those salaries - and if that is the case, you are taking the risk by hiring them

now fresh grad's value is their potential, not how much work they can complete in x unit of them, because that can be gained through experience... and if they hire someone with good potential, may even finish faster than you. so how to attract ppl with better potential? you know the answer lah

if you still dont accept this, then maybe you can shift your blame to age discrimination when they eventually take ur promotion spots instead in a few years...

Unregistered 24-08-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144380)
so many salty boomers complaining about freshies earning more than them

now tech so hot, ppl want comp sci grads to groom them into their production line, so to remain competitive companies are paying more for them now. if other companies already paying 4k+ for comp sci grads, and your company still stick to 3k, who will want to join your company? even those who want to join, there must be a reason why they turning down those salaries - and if that is the case, you are taking the risk by hiring them

now fresh grad's value is their potential, not how much work they can complete in x unit of them, because that can be gained through experience... and if they hire someone with good potential, may even finish faster than you. so how to attract ppl with better potential? you know the answer lah

if you still dont accept this, then maybe you can shift your blame to age discrimination when they eventually take ur promotion spots instead in a few years...

During my time, manager/foreman with degree earns $1.8k. Salary for fresh grads these days is really high!

Unregistered 31-08-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144391)
During my time, manager/foreman with degree earns $1.8k. Salary for fresh grads these days is really high!

During your time,one plate of chicken rice cost 1 dollar!

Unregistered 20-09-2020 09:14 PM

does anyone know how long is the non-compete agreement and for what sector?

Unregistered 26-09-2020 11:28 PM

Hi!! Did you accept the offer and if you did how is it going? I have received an offer and am trying to figure out if I should accept!!

Unregistered 27-09-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146275)
Hi!! Did you accept the offer and if you did how is it going? I have received an offer and am trying to figure out if I should accept!!

I think you should accept if you do not have any offers.... Economy is bad now and may become worse

Unregistered 27-09-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144391)

Dont know if this is troll comment...but if you dont understand simple inflation you deserve your current less than fresh grad pay

Unregistered 28-09-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146304)
Dont know if this is troll comment...but if you dont understand simple inflation you deserve your current less than fresh grad pay

Then by your inflation theory. Every non fresh grad should be earning like 10k right?

Unregistered 01-10-2020 08:16 PM

good luck getting pay raise

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146320)
Then by your inflation theory. Every non fresh grad should be earning like 10k right?

All companies are ran for profit, if the employees never complain for pay revision or a raise, why revise at all? If you are earning a lower than market rate pay, that just means you are disposable for the company or not worth your skills.

For fresh grads, it's different because all companies want good talent to join their company, hence the heavy salary competition between tier 1/ 2 companies.

Unregistered 01-10-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 146482)
All companies are ran for profit, if the employees never complain for pay revision or a raise, why revise at all? If you are earning a lower than market rate pay, that just means you are disposable for the company or not worth your skills.

For fresh grads, it's different because all companies want good talent to join their company, hence the heavy salary competition between tier 1/ 2 companies.

WHICH IS WHY FRESH GRAD GET DUMPED TO DO ALL THE **** WORK.
YOU CAN'T USE THE EXCUSE OF 'IM FRESH SO I DONT HAVE THE EXPERIENCE TO DELIVER THE SOFTWARE IN 1 MONTH, I NEED 12 MONTHS."

tHEN YO UARE NOT WORTH 5K.

Unregistered 08-10-2020 02:24 PM

anyone working in ncs now? how is the work deployment like now? wfh or working from client site/ main office?

Unregistered 10-10-2020 05:20 PM

My tech friend shared this, is it true?
1. People most probably not good enough for anywhere else to accept NCS/ST.
2. Those who rather join NCS/ST than a startup, it shows something about their perceived risk level.
3. If someone didn't get out after 1-2 years; either their skills aren't at the industry standard yet, or they're contented with mediocracy.

He mentioned having NCS/ST in the CV is probably worse than a gap, due to the negative perceptions associated.

Unregistered 16-10-2020 12:30 PM

Applying job in NCS

Hi guys, singtel HR informed me that interview went well.
Also submitted all required document to HR personnel on Tuesday.
May I know how long is the waiting time for them to send me contract offer?

Unregistered 16-10-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147437)
Hi guys, singtel HR informed me that interview went well.
Also submitted all required document to HR personnel on Tuesday.
May I know how long is the waiting time for them to send me contract offer?

congratz! u will probably receive the written offer in 1-2 weeks, they are quite fast.

Unregistered 16-10-2020 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147115)
2. Those who rather join NCS/ST than a startup, it shows something about their perceived risk level.
3. If someone didn't get out after 1-2 years; either their skills aren't at the industry standard yet, or they're contented with mediocracy.

He mentioned having NCS/ST in the CV is probably worse than a gap, due to the negative perceptions associated.

Think about it, how true can it be if a gap is better than having an actual job in your resume? A gap signals leaving a job without a backup, unable to find a replacement job to HR. No matter how you sugarcoat it by saying you are taking a break or a sabbatical.

Sounds like your friend just wished to brag that they are in FAANG or some such.

Unregistered 18-10-2020 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147115)

Anyone with half a brain can tell that your “friend” is a troll and a pretty bad one too.

Unregistered 18-10-2020 09:44 PM

how would you rank NCS then?
FAANG aside, i believe good developers will choose the big "startups" (grab/shopee), banks, or public (govtech/dsta/dso)
the next tier prob the smaller startups.
and there are still so many openings at these companies, both junior and senior roles, even more so now for singaporeans.
i dont see how anyone would choose NCS over the above, prob the smaller startups due to stability.
if we look at salary, after 3-5years of exp, how much do u get in NCS? if u're good enough, why not fill up the position at grab for a much better pay and culture (not saying grab culture is extremely good, but presumingly better than NCS)

i mean, instead of complaining here about fresh grad getting higher pay, why not jump to a better ship if u can? u have to know that SoC grads are triple As students now, no more students from a dumping ground. the competition will only get tougher every year with smart fresh grads entering the market.
i'm from soc'14 btw

your 5 years exp or senior role means nth. if u think u're so good and can deliver way better than fresh grads, why not join a place which will compensate u fairly?
just in careersfuture portal, almost 1k of jobs offering >7k for SE, what's stopping u from getting the job?

Unregistered 18-10-2020 10:34 PM

Reminds me of 2 years ago, I had an interview for this PM role, hiring manager was a senior from same school. It's quite a small software solution company. My salary was >5k, and he commented I was probably earning more than my peers. He felt I was overpaid and suggested a lower position with a lower pay instead.

My advice to these seniors, as others mentioned, please don't be salty and direct your anger/disappointment on these new hires. It's easy to discredit them, but it's probably wiser to reflect on your current skills and knowledge, and do take stock on your market value. You can do so by applying for jobs every few months, or minimally once (multiple applications) a year. By going through interviews and rejections, you'll get to know a few things:
1. Is your CV impressive enough to get interviews?
2. Are your skills and knowledge still relevant in the current market? You'll know during the interviews.
3. What do you need to upgrade to be relevant?
4. Are you underpaid/overpaid/paid fairly? More importantly, are you able to command a higher pay outside your current firm?
5. Is there a better firm out there for you? This will determine whether you just suck thumb and do your job obediently, or do things your way or you'll bring your talent elsewhere.

Unregistered 19-10-2020 08:02 AM

If fresh grad can deliver, ofc they deserve higher pay.
But if working in this IT industry for the past 20 years have thaught me is that 90% of the fresh grad can't deliver.

In the past, we have the mentality, fresh grad don't have the experience ofc they can't deliver.
But in todays world where fresh grad is commanding and expecting 5k starting pay.

They oh better deliver. Or get Terminated.

Unregistered 19-10-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147587)
But if working in this IT industry for the past 20 years have thaught me is that 90% of the fresh grad can't deliver.

In the past, we have the mentality, fresh grad don't have the experience ofc they can't deliver.
But in todays world where fresh grad is commanding and expecting 5k starting pay.

My nephew just graduated last year in oil industry. His starting pay 3.6k
I think the 5k starting pay expectation is only in IT and brought by newspaper report.

Not all fresh grad start at 5k.last time 5k is the lawyer fresh grad pay.
Suddenly in the last 2 to 3 years😁 all the delusional IT fresh grad expects 5k

But lawyer 5k they expected long hours until midnight and back to office the next day etc.
It fresh grad come late. Leave early. Can't deliver and still want to complain starting pay is low or increment is low or no opportunity.

I'm in office now. I don't see any of the fresh grad in the office yet le. All come after 930 am lol

Unregistered 19-10-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Not sure why NCS pays fresh grads so much also when they are not even a tier 1/2 IT company in Singapore.... They should pay the senior staff more and compete within their level.

Unregistered 19-10-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

If apply t1/t2 company and expect 5k pay understandable, but ncs? Must be some exceptionally "talented" fresh grad or just living under his own rock

Unregistered 19-10-2020 09:29 PM

NCS offer me P2

NCS has offer me a P2 grade with 5k salary.
4yrs of experiences for the role i'm applying for.

I hv 2 questions and need advice:
They mention that staff can get annual singtel bill rebate but I'm not a singtel user.
So meaning i cant claim it for my phone bill ?
Also what is annual cash payout (flexi benefits)?

Unregistered 19-10-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45178)
got an interview for java developer. fresh grad from nus, 3rd class.. programming skills/knowledge limited to basic java with only 1 "major" project (full SDLC) done in sch. not confident in programming but want and willing to learn. so wanna check if ncs is a good choice and easy to get in?

and i know there's a technical test during interview. anyone knows if it's tough?

i was the poster 7 years ago, and i'm so glad i followed the advices here and ignored NCS, despite my credentials were trash. now, i'm a technical account manager, taking in ~11k/month
i managed to significantly improved my programming skills since, although i was never a developer.
so just wanna say, know your worth and dont settle!

Unregistered 20-10-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147648)
i was the poster 7 years ago, and i'm so glad i followed the advices here and ignored NCS, despite my credentials were trash. now, i'm a technical account manager, taking in ~11k/month
i managed to significantly improved my programming skills since, although i was never a developer.
so just wanna say, know your worth and dont settle!

Overpaid managers. In this time of economy, best to retrench

Unregistered 20-10-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147644)
NCS has offer me a P2 grade with 5k salary.
4yrs of experiences for the role i'm applying for.

I hv 2 questions and need advice:
They mention that staff can get annual singtel bill rebate but I'm not a singtel user.
So meaning i cant claim it for my phone bill ?
Also what is annual cash payout (flexi benefits)?

You got low ball. Fresh grad already starting with 5k lol
Yes you gotta use singtel product. Ncs parent company is singtel you dunno...
I started with 500 then 800 now 1k

Unregistered 20-10-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147657)
You got low ball. Fresh grad already starting with 5k lol
Yes you gotta use singtel product. Ncs parent company is singtel you dunno...
I started with 500 then 800 now 1k

I told them my expected should hv a 25% pay rise but they gave 20% pay rise from my current drawn. Which I find it quite good in time like this.
So the flexi benefits cash payout, I can use it on anything?

Unregistered 20-10-2020 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 147632)
Not sure why NCS pays fresh grads so much also when they are not even a tier 1/2 IT company in Singapore.... They should pay the senior staff more and compete within their level.

Do the NCS seniors even deserve 5k though? I'm not sure about their skills, but look at some of the attitudes here. Even given 5k starting salary, fresh grads should steer clear of this place as I highly doubt they can learn great stuff from these seniors.