Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Unregistered 26-09-2017 02:16 PM

clarification with other senior application consultant in NCS

Hi guys,

wonder how much you guys are getting for each month?

i got this conversion offer and the monthly rate is 5500sgd, only +40sgd from agency offer. excluding the perf bonus.

i still feel this is a lowball, but got no choice as i haven't found a place to flip yet.

Unregistered 19-12-2017 08:55 PM

Is there any medical benefits(Free Clinic visit) for dependents(Wife,Child) of NCS permanant employee?

Unregistered 26-12-2017 08:53 PM

Hi, going to work at NCS as DBA.
Wonder how is the working hours there?

There is transport and mobile allowances too? Is the allowances a fixed amount monthly?

Unregistered 28-12-2017 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103364)
Hi, going to work at NCS as DBA.
Wonder how is the working hours there?

There is transport and mobile allowances too? Is the allowances a fixed amount monthly?

Work no day no night .. tired

Unregistered 26-02-2018 03:33 PM

Hi,

For those who knows....please share

1) hierarchy structure in NCS ? (e.g. manager--> ? senior manager --> ??? --> ???)
2) Are there special allowance ? (e.g. Singtel Bill rebate ??, transport allowance ??)
3) I read that now the AWS is divide monthly ? means performance bonus is given during december ? or no more AWS ?
4) i read P1 grade or P2 Grade, what does that means ?

Unregistered 04-03-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105035)
Hi,

1) hierarchy structure in NCS ? (e.g. manager--> ? senior manager --> ??? --> ???)
2) Are there special allowance ? (e.g. Singtel Bill rebate ??, transport allowance ??)
3) I read that now the AWS is divide monthly ? means performance bonus is given during december ? or no more AWS ?

P1 & P2 is like rank. If you do well then can promote to P2. can go to P5

Unregistered 20-03-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105341)
P1 & P2 is like rank. If you do well then can promote to P2. can go to P5

What is after P5? I heard there is E1 grades. What type of positions do they correspond to eg. Account Director, Project Director? And does anyone know what is the salary at E1 grade? Thanks for sharing!

Unregistered 20-03-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105978)
What is after P5? I heard there is E1 grades. What type of positions do they correspond to eg. Account Director, Project Director? And does anyone know what is the salary at E1 grade? Thanks for sharing!

E1 = Associate Director
P1 = entry level
P5 = senior manager

Unregistered 20-03-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Hi,

NCS gets Singtel staff discount 40% off combo plans for yourself and up to 4 immediate family members. Company doc benefit, etc.

There is only PB paid in July. No other bonuses throughout the year. 13th month is baked into basic monthly salary.

Unregistered 21-03-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105985)
E1 = Associate Director
P1 = entry level
P5 = senior manager

Anyone knows if Singtel grades same as NCS?

Unregistered 12-04-2018 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106030)
Anyone knows if Singtel grades same as NCS?

Don't think so. But from what i compared with friends from singtel. Ncs seems to pay better

faater 23-04-2018 05:07 PM

can someone help to map the job grade to the job title in both NCS and ST?

Both E2 and E3 are Director?

For NCS, is P1 Consultant or Snr Consultant?

Unregistered 20-06-2018 05:06 PM

Expected Salary

I completed my local uni education and obtained a second upper recently. I am a guy and completed my NS. May I know what is the expected salary for a software engineer?

Unregistered 20-06-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108148)
I completed my local uni education and obtained a second upper recently. I am a guy and completed my NS. May I know what is the expected salary for a software engineer?

NUS or NTU?

depends on singtel or ncs

Unregistered 20-06-2018 05:31 PM

Expected Salary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108149)
NUS or NTU?

depends on singtel or ncs

NTU. Thanks for any advice.

Unregistered 20-06-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108150)
NTU. Thanks for any advice.

NCS. Thank you.

Unregistered 22-06-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108151)
NCS. Thank you.

quote them based on GES salary report 4100-4500.
but I think NCS usually pay lower.

Unregistered 26-06-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108148)

got a lot of better options out there. try accenture or something.

Unregistered 24-10-2018 10:33 AM

Has anyone worked as a consultant/senior consultant with NCS before?

Is it a suitable job for:
[*]an IT grad[*]introvert[*]have the autonomy to plan and do the work without being monitored constantly[*]not a lot of office politics such as backstabbing colleagues to deal with[*]no need to sell ideas or proposals to management or persuade clients, or engage in debates and arguments over projects i.e. attend meetings to understand the requirements, propose and implement them is OK

Don't mind if it requires technical hands-on implementation, development, or troubleshooting. Handling the boring routine/weekly/monthly maintenance is OK as well.

Unregistered 28-10-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111113)
Has anyone worked as a consultant/senior consultant with NCS before?

Is it a suitable job for:
[*]an IT grad[*]introvert[*]have the autonomy to plan and do the work without being monitored constantly[*]not a lot of office politics such as backstabbing colleagues to deal with[*]no need to sell ideas or proposals to management or persuade clients, or engage in debates and arguments over projects i.e. attend meetings to understand the requirements, propose and implement them is OK

Don't mind if it requires technical hands-on implementation, development, or troubleshooting. Handling the boring routine/weekly/monthly maintenance is OK as well.

Not a lot of politics when it come to getting the job done.
Politics come in when you try to get your promotion or performance appraisal aka people who talk louder and do less than you might get better performance rating or promotion compared to you.

Performance rating and promotion consideration are very bias in NCS especially for fresh graduate from year 1 to 3. Some people can get promoted within 1 year to senior consultant cause the boss like them. Some people remain as fresh grad rank and never promoted even after 3 years.

They always quote lack of opportunity and not ready for next rank as the reason for not promoting you. So if you don't get promoted after 2.5 years, you can start looking for new job cause you are losing out on a lot of salary.

If i am not wrong fresh grad pay for NCS is 3.6k with only performance bonus without 13 month, you can get higher pay elsewhere

Senior Consultant pay range from 4.2k to 6k but usually if fresh grad promoted to senior consultant will be ard 4.2k to 4.5k.

Nowadays i think fresh grad pay is around 4.5k. So even if you are promoted, you are getting fresh grad pay only =P.

I would recommend you consider other company and only if you can't get any job then consider NCS as the company is in a mess now due to bad management

Unregistered 31-10-2018 11:41 AM

What's the difference between what the senior consultant does compared to a fresh grad consultant, except for the salary?

Do senior consultants tend to handle external parties and clients independently on his own or is there a project manager fronting the user requirement discussion with the clients and directing the work? The senior consultant is to give the technical implementation inputs?

I believe for the fresh grad consultants, they would definitely be led by a PM at least due to their inexperience.

Also, are senior consultants expected to be promoted to project management role after certain number of years, or they can choose to stay at senior consultant level handling the implementation?

Unregistered 31-10-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111302)
What's the difference between what the senior consultant does compared to a fresh grad consultant, except for the salary?

Do senior consultants tend to handle external parties and clients independently on his own or is there a project manager fronting the user requirement discussion with the clients and directing the work? The senior consultant is to give the technical implementation inputs?

I believe for the fresh grad consultants, they would definitely be led by a PM at least due to their inexperience.

Also, are senior consultants expected to be promoted to project management role after certain number of years, or they can choose to stay at senior consultant level handling the implementation?

Junior mostly do all the ground and dirty job .
Senior more on give technical input and advice .

No PM will led you and you need to swim yourself.

Many Old bird and tai zhi master at project management role . Good luck !

Unregistered 07-11-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111302)

Senior Consultant primary role is to do system design and front the customer. Although when project are behind timeline and lack manpower, you are expected to be able to code and help with the development.

Career progression is as follow for degree holder : App Consultant > Senior App Consultant > Lead App Consultant or Assistant PM > Project Manager > Senior Project Manager > Associate Director > Service Delivery Director > Appointment Holder...

After Senior App Consultant, you can choose to go on project mgmt path or technical path(architect role)

Most people get stuck in Lead Consultant/PM until they retire......which pay decently ard 7k.

Your working hours and condition depends on your project, different project can have very different life and progression...aka heaven and hell situation...

Development project are always firefighting so busy that you might not learn alot as you are just rushing for deadline most of the time.

Maintenance project are generally quite slow pace, you learn more depth than breadth as opposed to development project you learn more breadth than depth... Usually busy only when huge CR come....

The project you get assigned to can determine whether you waste your time there or gain valuable experience for fresh grad... people say that its a good place to learn alot (partly true but hugely dependent on which project you get assigned to)

Not a bad company but progression/learning depends is very dependent on your project... Once you get into a project, its really hard to change to a new one.

Unregistered 11-01-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Hi,

I am a fresh PM at NCS. Can i know what is the range of salary for P3 grade? And what is the ranks like?

Unregistered 12-01-2019 06:57 AM

Hi there!

accenture pays 4.2k starting for fresh grads.

for NCS people looking to jump after 1 year of experience, you may qualify as Senior Analyst which pays at around 4.9k+.

Unregistered 13-01-2019 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111467)
Most people get stuck in Lead Consultant/PM until they retire......which pay decently ard 7k.

Sorry, 7k for an experienced tech talent is not decent. It's a candidates market today - demand way greater than supply. Please don't settle for so little.

Reference:

s://.mycareersfuture.sg/search?search=java&salary=7000&sortBy=new_posting_ date&page=2

Unregistered 13-01-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113070)
Sorry, 7k for an experienced tech talent is not decent. It's a candidates market today - demand way greater than supply. Please don't settle for so little.

Reference:

s://.mycareersfuture.sg/search?search=java&salary=7000&sortBy=new_posting_ date&page=2

haha well you have to ignored all those startup who pay above average/inflated salary since once the funding run out you may find yourselves out of job and no company can match your current pay.

7k is quite decent since you are mainly doing admin work not actual development/technical work.

But if you talking abt experience technical role then 7k is quite underpaid =P since this is where singapore is lacking in talent pool not the PM/consultant role

Unregistered 14-01-2019 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113080)
haha well you have to ignored all those startup who pay above average/inflated salary since once the funding run out you may find yourselves out of job and no company can match your current pay.

7k is quite decent since you are mainly doing admin work not actual development/technical work.

But if you talking abt experience technical role then 7k is quite underpaid =P since this is where singapore is lacking in talent pool not the PM/consultant role

Bank paying 10k + for experienced technical role easy.

The career progression from tech to nontech in ncs is rubbish.

Unregistered 17-01-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113114)
Bank paying 10k + for experienced technical role easy.

The career progression from tech to nontech in ncs is rubbish.

Haha well you can paid 10k today and next day u realized your job got offshore/outsourced and you get paid $0 =P

Anyway to get 10k, you have to really good, good like google senior/lead position standard.

Mediocre skills won't get you that pay even if you have 10-20 years experience.....

There are many so called 20 years experience technical people who can't solve technical problem which an undergraduate can =P and design architecture that make no sense or are outdated in today's world

Unregistered 17-02-2019 07:14 PM

Hi can anyone advise for Lead Business Analyst what is expected pay? Thanks!

Unregistered 24-02-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113888)
Hi can anyone advise for Lead Business Analyst what is expected pay? Thanks!

Yrs of Experience and Job Grade? P3 or P4?

Unregistered 25-03-2019 11:04 PM

For EDMS network engineer, fresh grad P1 to P2 job grade usually how many % increment to expect base on current salary?

Unregistered 22-05-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 115446)
For EDMS network engineer, fresh grad P1 to P2 job grade usually how many % increment to expect base on current salary?

Around 2-3%

AizenSousuke 01-07-2019 10:30 PM

What's the range like for Test Consultant non degree?

Unregistered 04-07-2019 05:08 PM

has anyone done an online assessment on hirevue?

Unregistered 05-07-2019 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AizenSousuke (Post 121150)
What's the range like for Test Consultant non degree?

just diploma will be around 2k -2.2k

AizenSousuke 07-07-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121273)

thanks! much appreciate the response

Unregistered 08-07-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121273)

Fresh Local Diploma - $2k - 2.3k
With 1 yr Experience - $2.5k - $3k

Unregistered 08-07-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100429)
Hi guys,

wonder how much you guys are getting for each month?

i got this conversion offer and the monthly rate is 5500sgd, only +40sgd from agency offer. excluding the perf bonus.

i still feel this is a lowball, but got no choice as i haven't found a place to flip yet.

Is better than existing staff

AizenSousuke 12-07-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121403)
Fresh Local Diploma - $2k - 2.3k
With 1 yr Experience - $2.5k - $3k

icic... thanks!