Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Unregistered 21-09-2022 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230825)
Does NCS pay well for SWE with a few yoe? I am currently a SWE in a startup earning very close to 100k cash for annual comp with 1.5 YOE.

I see on Glassdoor recent reviews that the company has changed for the better and the pay is competitive. Looking to switch to some company with better brand name for career progression.

There is a reason why most 80% comments are as such.

No matter how nice the office and salary become,
management culture is what's there and won't change much.

Think about it, if human are hard to change how reliable it is to say their entire management culture changed?

Unregistered 21-09-2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230825)
Does NCS pay well for SWE with a few yoe? I am currently a SWE in a startup earning very close to 100k cash for annual comp with 1.5 YOE.

I see on Glassdoor recent reviews that the company has changed for the better and the pay is competitive. Looking to switch to some company with better brand name for career progression.

Please stay there. And also recommend SWEs from NCS to your startup, they would jump on it.

Unregistered 25-09-2022 08:56 PM

Does anyone know how much a P2 grade SWE earns in NCS?

Unregistered 27-09-2022 08:49 PM

new to this

Hi, I'm from Malaysia, looking to join as a Communications Engineer. I skimmed through the posts saying that most of the hired ones are thrown into teams/departmesnts with little to no guidance from their respective seniors. Does anyone have any aspect from the comm eng. teams, is it the same as the other departments?
Also, is it likely they will hire someone from other countries since they would have to provide employment pass?

Unregistered 28-09-2022 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231365)
Hi, I'm from Malaysia, looking to join as a Communications Engineer. I skimmed through the posts saying that most of the hired ones are thrown into teams/departmesnts with little to no guidance from their respective seniors. Does anyone have any aspect from the comm eng. teams, is it the same as the other departments?
Also, is it likely they will hire someone from other countries since they would have to provide employment pass?

See your luck, every practice is the same.
They probably will hire, have seen many south asians in the company, so you stand a high chance.

Unregistered 28-09-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231402)
See your luck, every practice is the same.
They probably will hire, have seen many south asians in the company, so you stand a high chance.

Thanks! I will try my best!

Unregistered 29-09-2022 08:34 AM

Hilarious

My friend rejoin NCS this year. His title is vice president.
He doesn't even code. 18k per month.

All you naive little kids aiming for 5k coding job but don't realised it's a slave job.
The big money is from managerial role not stupid coder role.

Only fresh grad thinks coding is cool and big money.
Experienced worker will know you'll get paid more and do literally nothing compared to coding.

Get lured into this tech dead-end.
You can't be a software developer 20 years down your career.

Enjoy your youth and special abilities to be paid high for knowing nothing

Unregistered 14-10-2022 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 231483)
My friend rejoin NCS this year. His title is vice president.
He doesn't even code. 18k per month.

All you naive little kids aiming for 5k coding job but don't realised it's a slave job.
The big money is from managerial role not stupid coder role.

Only fresh grad thinks coding is cool and big money.
Experienced worker will know you'll get paid more and do literally nothing compared to coding.

Get lured into this tech dead-end.
You can't be a software developer 20 years down your career.

Enjoy your youth and special abilities to be paid high for knowing nothing

Everyone's got to start somewhere right? Not like any fresh grad can just become vice president.

Unregistered 16-10-2022 11:25 PM

recently they mass hire freeze is it.

Unregistered 17-10-2022 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 232776)
recently they mass hire freeze is it.

Maybe, their strategy for the start of this financial year was to cut hiring budget for fresh grads. Take the nucleus batch of FY 21/22 and FY 22/23(current batch) for example. Nucleus starting salary measured by annual compensation for FY 21/22 is 72280 for average performer while FY 22/23 is 66720 for average performer.

With the recent slowdown in tech sector, there might be possibility of them cutting their hiring budget even further.