Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Unregistered 14-05-2023 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248271)
That really sucks. LOL i always thought is the PM/manager that is technically incompetent.

in a Gov project, the PM from one of the home team agencies only know how to forward messages and emails to us. Not sure why do we even need them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248283)
This is normal for ncs. A lot of incapable people

yup, so in NCS, the team lead just need to understand the business logic of project well and liaise with the clients? as long as good feedback from clients, then can become team lead?

totally dont know anything technical, more importantly, because the team lead basically do the PM job, the PM has good relation with team lead, suspect always give 1 in appraisal every year

really sux to be in this kind of project

Unregistered 14-05-2023 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248283)
This is normal for ncs. A lot of incapable people

not true, definitely not for the bottom of the food chain (engineers).

Unregistered 15-05-2023 06:01 AM

Does anyone know if the grading system is on a scale 4 or 5?

how about the months of bonus attached to each grade?

since there was revision for higher base and lower bonus

Unregistered 15-05-2023 07:56 PM

whining but no change

Besides all the complaining, can anyone teach me how to be incompetent and still be promoted to a PM role in NCS?

Unregistered 16-05-2023 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248297)
not true, definitely not for the bottom of the food chain (engineers).

I was from ncs uh. Cmi place. The good engineers only use it as a stepping stone 1 year plus leave already. The project manager literally dosent do sh1t just push everything to team lead. And team lead not even strong technically.

I learnt nth from the seniors. Anything I learnt is from myself. Glad I left that sh1thole. Good stepping stone for ppl without computing background tho

Unregistered 16-05-2023 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248361)
Besides all the complaining, can anyone teach me how to be incompetent and still be promoted to a PM role in NCS?

Back in my batch so many ppl left that they literally promoted everyone lol. Anw to promote in this kinda place, just use mouth power and make your project manager like you. No need to be strong technically. As long as you dont create problem can alr

Unregistered 16-05-2023 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248361)

PM technically incompetent is everywhere, just ask ka kia to do job then shake leg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248385)
I was from ncs uh. Cmi place. The good engineers only use it as a stepping stone 1 year plus leave already. The project manager literally dosent do sh1t just push everything to team lead. And team lead not even strong technically.

I learnt nth from the seniors. Anything I learnt is from myself. Glad I left that sh1thole. Good stepping stone for ppl without computing background tho

omg same feeling here, learnt nth from seniors because there's none on my end!! everything learnt on my own, thank god got chatgpt now but its answers always not perfect, need fine tune. In the earlier days, it was worst, need google round and round

my team leader dont know any technical details, dont even understand or know how to fix simple bugs, think its not team lead responsibility. Team lead is like deputy PM, ask for updates, do admin stuff

Unregistered 16-05-2023 03:46 PM

yo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 248386)
Back in my batch so many ppl left that they literally promoted everyone lol. Anw to promote in this kinda place, just use mouth power and make your project manager like you. No need to be strong technically. As long as you dont create problem can alr

I appreciate your reply, bro. It is one possible way.

Unregistered 22-05-2023 01:03 PM

Salary for private uni fresh graduate in NCS

Hello everyone, do anyone know the starting salary of a swe for private uni like SIM now?

fkleetcode 22-05-2023 01:30 PM

what is the starting salary like for private uni as a swe? not under any nucleus program.