Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Unregistered 18-10-2021 12:25 AM

What is the Infrastructure Engineer role like?

What is the Nucleus program like? How is the day-to-day and work life balance like?

Unregistered 18-10-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 186854)
What is the Infrastructure Engineer role like?

What is the Nucleus program like? How is the day-to-day and work life balance like?

First year is probably for you to learn more, probably don’t be given too much workload since you’re still unproven.. Role/ can be very diverse, infra consists of network, systems, cloud, that being said there are sub tracks.

Work life balance also dependant on projects that you’re assigned.

Unregistered 18-10-2021 02:38 PM

Data Migration Application Engineer

What is the job scope of data migration application engineer in NCS? Is this a shift role or regular hour role in NCS?

Unregistered 20-10-2021 10:08 AM

Nucleus vs Next

Nucleus vs Next , which one is better in term of bonus, learning and growth?

Unregistered 23-10-2021 12:12 AM

Perm Vs Contract

Guys ,

I have been offered a contract position (App Consultant ) at Nucleus under 3rd party agency.
HR said can covert perm later.

Is it true? anyone convert before from contract to perm at NCS? how long does it take normally?

What's differences between perm and contract at NCS?

Thanks guys ahead for answering.

Unregistered 23-10-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187583)
Guys ,

I have been offered a contract position (App Consultant ) at Nucleus under 3rd party agency.

Is it true? anyone convert before from contract to perm at NCS? how long does it take normally?

Nucleus is a perm role under NCS. Dont be confused Nucleus program and Project that is named "Nucleus"

Unregistered 26-10-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187583)
Guys ,

Why don't you apply to NCS directly? 3rd party agency sucks, and you're the first to go when **** hits the fan.

Unregistered 26-10-2021 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188027)
Why don't you apply to NCS directly? 3rd party agency sucks, and you're the first to go when **** hits the fan.

I am a FT dude. NCS HR doesn't care when I apply directly. Most FTs can get interview if we go via agencies.

Really don't know if NCS discriminate Contract staff and perm, Please advise.

Unregistered 28-10-2021 04:55 PM

Anyone here is a desktop engineer? What are the flags I need to look out for particularly for a contract staff.

Thank you.

Unregistered 28-10-2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 185936)
I know P1 is grade for entry pos. But not sure what is S1 though. If anyone knows , answer please.
4k is about normal for entry positions I guess.

NCS no 13th mth $ right so is like 12 mth package