Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 28-10-2019 07:56 PM

I asked hr this qn before. You have to stay till Jan 31st otherwise they'll claw back the bonuses from you.

Unregistered 28-10-2019 08:54 PM

My employment contract with my stat board has some conflicting terms with the govt IM. Those terms from the IM were specifically brought to staffs' attention by HR recently. Does this mean that the terms from the IM prevail over the terms in the employment contract?

PS. Please don't ask me to clarify with HR. If this is brought to their attention, they will probably pick the most unfavourable option and impose it on all staff.

Unregistered 28-10-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124528)
My employment contract with my stat board has some conflicting terms with the govt IM. Those terms from the IM were specifically brought to staffs' attention by HR recently. Does this mean that the terms from the IM prevail over the terms in the employment contract?

PS. Please don't ask me to clarify with HR. If this is brought to their attention, they will probably pick the most unfavourable option and impose it on all staff.

Employment contract will always supersede Govt IM. It is stated in your employment contract itself, whereby any conflicting terms, the contract will be the one to fall back on.

Unregistered 28-10-2019 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124529)
Employment contract will always supersede Govt IM. It is stated in your employment contract itself, whereby any conflicting terms, the contract will be the one to fall back on.

Thank you. Fortunately, mine doesn't have such a clause. Since HR has represented to staff that those clauses of the IM are of relevance, staff should reasonably be entitled to the application of those IM clauses based on their representation.

Unregistered 29-10-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124533)
Thank you. Fortunately, mine doesn't have such a clause. Since HR has represented to staff that those clauses of the IM are of relevance, staff should reasonably be entitled to the application of those IM clauses based on their representation.

It depends on your stat board adopts full compliance or partial compliance to the IM or not. Some IM clauses do not require full compliance.

Unregistered 29-10-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124514)
Unofficial one, yes.

MAS, EDB, HTX are in the top tier. (Ask Google if you are thinking of conveniently asking what is this and what is that)

A*STAR is definitely in the bottom tier. They run on funds and research grants, without which they restructure and ask staff to leave.

Is it must see board chairman and members? Like board member of mas is Tharman

Unregistered 31-10-2019 08:08 AM

Hi guys , need some advice , currently a ord personal with a diploma education. Would like to ask if joining ICA or Custom is a better career option. Thanks

Unregistered 31-10-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124591)
Hi guys , need some advice , currently a ord personal with a diploma education. Would like to ask if joining ICA or Custom is a better career option. Thanks

isnt ica or custom the same? if you are passionate about the work, then it will be a good career. otherwise, it will just be a job, be it ICA or anywhere.

Unregistered 01-11-2019 06:26 PM

Hi guys, Diploma holders signing as MX14, worth it? With NS. In local Uni now actually but got to drop out and support the family because of financial issues. Might return to study part time in the future.

Unregistered 01-11-2019 10:55 PM

AGO interview

May I ask if anyone know when will AGO contact the candidate after the interview if he is shortlisted for the position? Thanks!