Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 07-04-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116492)
Hi, may I know the majority of the time for a male that served their NS, how much are the increment given by Starboard or Ministry? is it fixed to $200?

Depends on ur cep n performance grade.

As a non-NS civil servant, my salary caught up to my with-NS counterparts purely due to increments. And that depends on performance.

Unregistered 07-04-2019 10:50 AM

thanks for the objective n insightful replies

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116475)

Apart from the 13th month AWs, the remaining payouts are variable.

You should compare with the AWS included in annual package.

thank you for the objective reply!
I am trying to make an intelligent calculation/projection. that's why I am asking, based on the numbers I provided, is my understanding correct, to multiply by 15.8.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116480)
--- Estimating around 14-16 months annual package is about right. Keep in mind the end year 1.0 month is variable, depending on economic growth. There have been years when the quantum was 0.6. Same goes for the mid-year bonus of 0.5. What you can bank on is your 13 months plus a C bonus of at minimum 1.0. And yes, always compare annual package and not be swayed by monthly pay. Out of curiosity, what class of honours did you get and did u do NS? A bit surprised that starting pay offered now is $3K. That was what they offered around 10 years back for male with NS, and that was just after the global financial crisis.

Thank you for the insightful reply. that's what some close friends advised too. all is variable. However, Pte companies (esp SME) are ruthless and fast to avoid any payout, that's worse than a reduction.

I am worried that if I share too much personal info recruiters can link back to me, I am truly sorry for my answer and truly grateful for your advice. young and blur, everything also worried. I am just a silly youngster who played too much and regrets too late bah. Now, every opportunity, every dollar begins to matter.

actually most important to help my calculation is, can anyone confirm for a public servant, the salary quoted by HR and on the signed contract, is exclusive of the
1.mid-year,
2.end year,
3.13th month,
4.PB

Some friends said MOM states that "Gross salary" includes bonus divided by 12. but other friends in SB said, cannot be, don't count the 4 items above. none of us are experienced enough to confirm.

thank you!

Unregistered 07-04-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116497)
Non-scholar. Interviewed and rejected for then-MA scheme. 7+k. So this means those PSLPs earn even more.

Wow. I didn’t know the bonus is so good. That’s why all wanna join.

Unregistered 07-04-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116502)
thank you for the objective reply!
I am trying to make an intelligent calculation/projection. that's why I am asking, based on the numbers I provided, is my understanding correct, to multiply by 15.8.

Thank you for the insightful reply. that's what some close friends advised too. all is variable. However, Pte companies (esp SME) are ruthless and fast to avoid any payout, that's worse than a reduction.

I am worried that if I share too much personal info recruiters can link back to me, I am truly sorry for my answer and truly grateful for your advice. young and blur, everything also worried. I am just a silly youngster who played too much and regrets too late bah. Now, every opportunity, every dollar begins to matter.

actually most important to help my calculation is, can anyone confirm for a public servant, the salary quoted by HR and on the signed contract, is exclusive of the
1.mid-year,
2.end year,
3.13th month,
4.PB

Some friends said MOM states that "Gross salary" includes bonus divided by 12. but other friends in SB said, cannot be, don't count the 4 items above. none of us are experienced enough to confirm.

thank you!

Yes exclusive of AWS and whatever bonuses. Good luck and wish you all the best!

Unregistered 07-04-2019 05:37 PM

Is edb the most elite civil service?

Unregistered 07-04-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116481)
I'm 33 earning 150k per annum (Apr 18 to Apr 19), working in a Ministry.

That is very high.
33 years old 150k
39 years old 106k
This is very big difference.
May I know what is the average at those ages?

Unregistered 07-04-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116492)
Hi, may I know the majority of the time for a male that served their NS, how much are the increment given by Starboard or Ministry? is it fixed to $200?

Anyone? My this question is referring to fresh graduate initial salary. Are they usually fixed into paying an additional $200? Be it Statboard or Ministry?

Unregistered 07-04-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116522)
That is very high.
33 years old 150k
39 years old 106k
This is very big difference.
May I know what is the average at those ages?

36 yrs old male (MX scheme; non-scholar) 155k for 2018 package (PB, mid-year, AWS/end of year)

Unregistered 07-04-2019 08:51 PM

Good question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116502)

1.mid-year,
2.end year,
3.13th month,
4.PB

thank you!

Good question, I am also a fresh grad, look forward to someone with experience to confirm.

Unregistered 07-04-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116533)
36 yrs old male (MX scheme; non-scholar) 155k for 2018 package (PB, mid-year, AWS/end of year)

Thats alot! 34 yr old male in SB. 108k for 2018 package.