Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 18-04-2019 01:46 PM

this is the ultimate blacklist move for failing to turn up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117242)
For the previous posters and all, contract of service does not take effect until you turned up for work on your first day. Signing an employment contract doesn't necessarily mean that you've got the job until you start work.

s://.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/contract-of-service

"Starting a contract of service
The contract is in effect when the new recruit turns up for work on the appointed starting date.

If the recruit fails to turn up:

The Employment Act does not apply, as the employer-employee relationship did not start
The employer cannot claim notice pay or any compensation in accordance to the Act
Any claims for compensation by the employer will have to be a civil claim through a lawyer"

Unregistered 18-04-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117245)
this is the ultimate blacklist move for failing to turn up.

yes. signed and dont turn up without prior notice will confirm be blacklisted.

but showing interest in the verbal offer and then reject eventually is perfectly fine, you will not be blacklisted. don't worry.

ps: HR didn't commit anything to you either when they make a verbal offer. the verbal off you rcv is for them to put up approval paper to hire you. at that point in time, they cant even give you a confirm designation and salary.

Unregistered 18-04-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117253)
yes. signed and dont turn up without prior notice will confirm be blacklisted.

but showing interest in the verbal offer and then reject eventually is perfectly fine, you will not be blacklisted. don't worry.

ps: HR didn't commit anything to you either when they make a verbal offer. the verbal off you rcv is for them to put up approval paper to hire you. at that point in time, they cant even give you a confirm designation and salary.

so as a freshie, i am keen to know the salary so that if i get to a stage where i have the privilege to compare offers. However, at verbal offer stage, they said it will meet what i have stated and it is hard for me a value without putting up the approval papers.

i'm just worried that to the approval paper stage and not accepting creates a lot of issues for the poor HR who did that for me. but on the other hand, i think having the actual salary can help me make decisions.

Unregistered 18-04-2019 05:18 PM

I studied in australia and got a FCH, would i get a chance in civil service as the same league with local graduates?

Unregistered 18-04-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117258)
I studied in australia and got a FCH, would i get a chance in civil service as the same league with local graduates?

if you are from ANU maybe can.. others confirm cannot

Unregistered 18-04-2019 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117262)
if you are from ANU maybe can.. others confirm cannot

oh ok. thanks. does that mean i would be paid lesser?

Unregistered 18-04-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117263)
oh ok. thanks. does that mean i would be paid lesser?

You'd be paid less or not hired at all...only ANU (and maybe UniMelb) would stand a chance against NUS/NTU

Unregistered 18-04-2019 11:19 PM

I am from Murdoch, and got in one of the Ministry.

Unregistered 19-04-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117268)
I am from Murdoch, and got in one of the Ministry.

Nice to fellow a friend. I’m from Queensland.

Just curious, are you paid on par with the ‘local’ peeps?

Unregistered 19-04-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 117272)
Nice to fellow a friend. I’m from Queensland.

Just curious, are you paid on par with the ‘local’ peeps?

Definitely don't expect myself to be paid on par. It's on the lower end + NS