Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 12-06-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMJAM (Post 107878)
Oh wow interesting. The article mentioned that approval must be sought? What if approval is given as there is no conflict of interest?

You need to seek approval all the way to the Perm Sec through HR with your supervisor and Director's support. The declare a whole bunch of stuff by submitting all your business accounts and statements etc. Very troublesome and it affects your security clearance especially if you have bank loans. I have seen the rare and determined few who managed to get approval, but more often than not you will be rejected after going through all that trouble. If you are working in the security agencies, don't even bother trying.

Unregistered 12-06-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107899)
You need to seek approval all the way to the Perm Sec through HR with your supervisor and Director's support. The declare a whole bunch of stuff by submitting all your business accounts and statements etc. Very troublesome and it affects your security clearance especially if you have bank loans. I have seen the rare and determined few who managed to get approval, but more often than not you will be rejected after going through all that trouble. If you are working in the security agencies, don't even bother trying.

Maybe i was thinking after working for 4 years then I will consider. But will it affect my job prospect?

Unregistered 12-06-2018 09:21 PM

4.9k for second upper local u eee degree. worth it?

I got another offer from a mnc which is 4k but 50k lump sum if i tied to them for 3 years.

Unregistered 12-06-2018 09:28 PM

does anyone know whats the chances of going for postgrad halfway through career in CS with sponsorship?

Unregistered 13-06-2018 10:43 AM

anyone can advise the work culture at mom havelock road?

Unregistered 13-06-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107923)
Maybe i was thinking after working for 4 years then I will consider. But will it affect my job prospect?

Bump for more replies!!

Unregistered 13-06-2018 03:18 PM

Hello all,

Recently got a job as MX14, how high can I go? I have an SUSS degree.

Unregistered 13-06-2018 11:50 PM

I need help! Recently got offered by a stat board as MX14, but unsure of what merit increments are like in civil service. Diploma holder and studying part time degree now. Pay same as my current company. Everything almost similar. Any advise?

Unregistered 14-06-2018 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107879)
Hi, I am a fresh graduate with fch from NTU in computer science.
I want to explore the pte sector for a few years first before joining the civil service or GLC company. Do anyone know, if I were to worked in pte for 2-3 years with pay lower than what is giving to fch in a CS/GLC. will I get paid atleast better than the fresh graduate after 2-3 years of experience in pte? Or do they look at my previous payslip and pay me lower than a fresh graduate?

Your pay in civil service will prolly be the pay of a fresh grad (if u join 2-3yr ago), since your pay in pte sector is lower.

Unregistered 14-06-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107955)
Hello all,

Recently got a job as MX14, how high can I go? I have an SUSS degree.

Mx 14 is diploma entry.