Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 19-03-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105922)
simi nonsense sia

i'm 3p temp staff in a stat board alr drawing 3.1k, there was a revision earlier this year and my peers who renewed are drawing 3450 now. And we are only 3p

what do u mean by 3p?

third-party temp staff? like those outsource or subcontractors?

Unregistered 20-03-2018 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105808)
Will only get after serving one full year i.e. Jan next year

thanks, do you know usually how much it would be? for MX12

Unregistered 20-03-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105952)
what do u mean by 3p?

third-party temp staff? like those outsource or subcontractors?

yes we are outsourced to the stat board

that guy who wrote all the figures obviously bs, how can be nus perm role drawing similar to a 3p small fry

Unregistered 21-03-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105970)
yes we are outsourced to the stat board

that guy who wrote all the figures obviously bs, how can be nus perm role drawing similar to a 3p small fry

Actually you might be surprised to know that 3rd party staff are sometimes paid more than their direct-hire counterparts. From hearsay, one lady I met said her son in law in direct employment at a stat board was given a choice to go 3rd party or remain as headcount. If he went 3rd party, pay would increase, but job security would become more uncertain. If he remained employed by the state board, pay would be the same as before but there would be more job security in the long run.

Unregistered 22-03-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106013)
Actually you might be surprised to know that 3rd party staff are sometimes paid more than their direct-hire counterparts. From hearsay, one lady I met said her son in law in direct employment at a stat board was given a choice to go 3rd party or remain as headcount. If he went 3rd party, pay would increase, but job security would become more uncertain. If he remained employed by the state board, pay would be the same as before but there would be more job security in the long run.

this is true.

monthly usually contractor might get paid more.

but usually work for CS better perks and bonus.

Unregistered 22-03-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105617)
Will Non-Grad gets a chance to be considered for CS jobs?

I am 50, a Diploma holder with 1.5 professional certs and have 20 years of experience in the private sector as well as 2yrs with a Stat Board as a manager. After a 1yr+ break, my applications for CS jobs were all unsuccessful.

Will someone from CS HR please advise, realistically, will i stand a chance to be shortlisted for CS jobs?

what the 1.5 professional cert? and if it is a professional cert then if will only come into play if it is relevant to the role. no point bring a PMP cert into a finance role right?

there will always be a possibility of being shortlist. just how high is that chance would be dependant on a lot of other factors.

that said. i have seem CS hire older folks before. so chin up and good luck

Unregistered 22-03-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105521)
Progression is very good for a non scholar. High chance to get mx10 in next 1-3yrs - depends if there is a managerial position to fill (cos mx10 is a supervisory rank), your PB grade next yr, your CEP, and your competition (i.e. who else is fighting for a promotion to mx10). Also, technically yr CEP should already be at mx9 ( usually 2 grades above current mx if you are doing well).

yeah. probably CEP low PR9.end up a DD or something

Unregistered 22-03-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105416)
Its the same for all staff who are under MX scheme and working in ministries. For example, for MX12, salary cap is around 6k. If you are interested in the MX bands, you can refer to the link:
://.salary.sg/2015/salary-scale-civil-service-servant-singapore/

For stat boards, they generally follow the MX bands, but I believe there is some variation from stat board to stat board (esp for the high profile ones like EDB).

stat boards are usually not under the MX schemes.

some pay higher/lower depending on the nature of work. e.g govtech and EDB pay way above MX scheme and others may pay below.

some would name it differently from MX scheme but usually will map back to MX somehow.

there are literally hundreds of different schemes across agencies.

Unregistered 22-03-2018 08:46 PM

i got a C+ in my first year in civil service. not sure what to make of it. ego was expecting more. but i know the reality is different.

Unregistered 23-03-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106061)
stat boards are usually not under the MX schemes.

some pay higher/lower depending on the nature of work. e.g govtech and EDB pay way above MX scheme and others may pay below.

some would name it differently from MX scheme but usually will map back to MX somehow.

there are literally hundreds of different schemes across agencies.

how much govtech is paying?