Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 02-11-2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91723)
Think they will based on your previous salary and compare with your peers on how much they are earning. My Guess is ard 4.5

If my last drawn in pte was 4.8? Theyll lowball? I asked 5000 and they said they are doing up an offer. Just wondering wat they will put together

Unregistered 02-11-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91723)
Think they will based on your previous salary and compare with your peers on how much they are earning. My Guess is ard 4.5

If my last drawn in pte was 4.8? Theyll lowball? I asked 5000 and they said they are doing up an offer. Just wondering wat they will put together

Unregistered 02-11-2016 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91725)

Depends on your yearly bonus, most probably they will match your annual package.

5555555 02-11-2016 08:43 PM

Hmmm

I'm 26 this year... Working at a well known local company. Dip Holder. Earning about 45k annually (including bonus). Is this considered ok? I just graduated with part time degree this year and am considering changing jobs. Confused now.....

Unregistered 02-11-2016 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91702)
i dont think it's 2 years.

MX12 is the standard promotion that deg grads will get after 1 year. after passing their probation and getting placed on perm scheme, that is.

at least this is what im seeing in my ministry...

Oh isit? Maybe your right, been so many years since I joined civil service already lost track of such details. But 1 or 2 years the point stands, 9 years for a diploma guy to reach MX12 is as plain vanilla as it can get.

Unregistered 03-11-2016 08:30 PM

Do ministries pay better than the stats board they managed? What are the best paying ministries and stat boards for fresh grads?

Unregistered 03-11-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91752)
Do ministries pay better than the stats board they managed? What are the best paying ministries and stat boards for fresh grads?

I guess army officers and police officers get the best package ba

Unregistered 03-11-2016 11:54 PM

Year end bonus

To keep the year end bonus this year, does anyone know when's the earliest to tender? Is it 1st Dec or would it better to wait till 12th Dec when the salary+bonuses are credited to account?

Unregistered 04-11-2016 07:54 AM

Batman court

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91757)
To keep the year end bonus this year, does anyone know when's the earliest to tender? Is it 1st Dec or would it better to wait till 12th Dec when the salary+bonuses are credited to account?

Check the IM. Earliest is January.

Unregistered 08-11-2016 02:33 AM

Sign on police

Hi, been working in banking industry for almost 5years. From back end to front office I tried and although banking usually pays better than other industry (My pay actually not alot), but I'm getting tired of this endless grinding for the money/fighting for promotion. Not to mention for all the hard work and late nights, the bonus is pathetic.

Been thinking of doing something more meaningful, something which I used to think of joining but I went with the herd mentality and went with a job base on what I studied.

Given my current situation, 31 male, overseas degree holder, 5 yrs in banking, served ns, what kind of pay will I expect to get if I decide to sign on police force (either as senior CNB officer or SPO)? I understand for degree holders the entry rank will be inspector?