Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 24-04-2016 03:14 AM

salary revision

I see that civil sector starting salaries seem to be slowly rising across the years as they are pegged to market competitive rates. Does anyone know how would this affect the existing employees? Would their salaries be adjusted by a matching percentage too? TIA!

Unregistered 24-04-2016 03:50 AM

is it true that someone will better education such as first class or second upper local degree will have a better progression as compared to those distance learner degree?

For example someone with first class local u joined after grad.. 5 years later promoted to manager.. Another distance learner degree with 5 years experience joined as manager.. salary aside, in terms of progression would the local u have advantage? or its purely base on grade? is it true true that local u tend to have better grade?

Unregistered 24-04-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84328)
is it true that someone will better education such as first class or second upper local degree will have a better progression as compared to those distance learner degree?

For example someone with first class local u joined after grad.. 5 years later promoted to manager.. Another distance learner degree with 5 years experience joined as manager.. salary aside, in terms of progression would the local u have advantage? or its purely base on grade? is it true true that local u tend to have better grade?

Short ans yes. Ur cep (where u can potentially be when u r above age 50) is influenced by ur academic qualification. If ur cep is high. Naturally u will be promoted faster and more frequently than someone with low cep.

In theory, ur cep can Change over time depending on ur performance. But in practice, whether ur senior management will help u argue ur case or not is up to them Liao... Unless u r really high profile and done many work that wow ur Perm sec and ministers, I doubt it will happen.

Unregistered 24-04-2016 01:10 PM

so when we join, we will know the cep? cep depends on qualification? got difference between local u and distance learner? is it the same for stat board?

Unregistered 24-04-2016 05:58 PM

Funny how sinkies all want to hide in CS the moment economy is slowing.
This proves the Hamji and kiasu-ness of sinkies which is why we will never have a Steve jobs or elon musk.

Unregistered 24-04-2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84363)
Funny how sinkies all want to hide in CS the moment economy is slowing.
This proves the Hamji and kiasu-ness of sinkies which is why we will never have a Steve jobs or elon musk.

Ya, we hamji sinkies ll hide in CS now. So i guess u r becoming the next steve job soon right??

Unregistered 27-04-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84238)
U serve ns before? Best analogy is wospec and officer scheme.

Meaning one is a lower tier ah? I'm a local uni grad (2nd upper) and my other colleagues in the same stat board hold that same grading system too though.

Unregistered 27-04-2016 08:17 PM

any idea whats the starting salary for a fresh grad at LTA doing policy work with a non engineering second upper from local u?

Michelle 28-04-2016 07:48 PM

Advice needed!

Hi all :)

Currently, MSF keep telling me they are pending some information before they can get back to me whether to provide me a verbal offer. I have already done the medical check-up, and there is no problems. It's been 1 month plus, and they still ask me to wait another 2 weeks.

Anyone got any idea, what info are they pending? why is the process taking so long?

Thanks =.=
Michelle

Unregistered 28-04-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle (Post 84627)
Hi all :)

Currently, MSF keep telling me they are pending some information before they can get back to me whether to provide me a verbal offer. I have already done the medical check-up, and there is no problems. It's been 1 month plus, and they still ask me to wait another 2 weeks.

Anyone got any idea, what info are they pending? why is the process taking so long?

Thanks =.=
Michelle

Security clearance Loh