Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 28-06-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121009)
no it is not possible in the promotional year. The system just doesn't work that way. The MI at the new/promoted grade will come about only in the following year.

oh.. that being the case once you hit ceiling, your increment will be jus like a normal merit increment even if you promote the following year.

anyway, i am still far from my ceiling. haha

Unregistered 28-06-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121004)
I thought most stat boards well known for good work-life balance.

Every workplace has depts that do less and some depts that do more. Its a fact of life.

Unregistered 28-06-2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

You worked in one?

Unregistered 28-06-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109765)
Hi guys need some help. What's the salary for enterprise Singapore at the assistance development partner and development partner level? Scanned through the forum but can't seem to find an answer. Should be expecting an offer soon so need to bargain for salary. Thanks!

Does anyone know about Enterprise Singapore's pay for business development partner (for someone with 5 years exp)?

Unregistered 28-06-2019 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 120997)
Yes, i agree with this post.

not easy to explain this to people outside CS/PS.

So if the ceiling is 7500 and it has been reached, the total increment next year (if promoted) will just be 250 (= promotion increment). No Merit increment.

Correct right?

Yes, correct. It is quite sad for someone who hit ceiling and only get a small increment after promotion. But at least move up the pay scale and can look forward to more increments. Otherwise no motivation

Unregistered 28-06-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121001)
that's bad.. but from the other angle..

once you are promoted, you will get promotion increment and then apply merit increment in your promoted grade, isn't it also possible?

btw, how come i see so many posts hitting ceiling, is it so common? i dont hear (or maybe they dont share) any of my colleague hitting ceiling.. even for a colleague who join as mx11 10 yrs ago and currently at mx11a

Ppl won’t share whether their salary hit ceiling. Too sensitive. Anyway even if share, it won’t solve their issue of no increments anyway

Unregistered 28-06-2019 11:47 PM

Anyone knows if IMDA pays well for a stat board?

Unregistered 29-06-2019 01:06 PM

Do we need definitely 2 Bs to get promoted to MX11? And what age is considered slow?

I was hoping to be promoted this year (29M) but wasn't, which means at best I'll reach MX11 when I'm 30. My colleagues (27F, 28M) were promoted though. We are all farmers.

Unregistered 29-06-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121045)
Do we need definitely 2 Bs to get promoted to MX11? And what age is considered slow?

I was hoping to be promoted this year (29M) but wasn't, which means at best I'll reach MX11 when I'm 30. My colleagues (27F, 28M) were promoted though. We are all farmers.

How much are you earning at MX12?
Roughly at what age will one hit 100kpa, 150kpa and 200kpa?

Unregistered 30-06-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Not the case for LTA

Unregistered 30-06-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121091)
Not the case for LTA

Is LTA salary better than the other stat board? Anyone know the salary range for a fresh grad in local uni, 2nd upper and ns completed for a role as an exectuive engineer?

Unregistered 30-06-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121101)
Is LTA salary better than the other stat board? Anyone know the salary range for a fresh grad in local uni, 2nd upper and ns completed for a role as an exectuive engineer?

lta pays a premium for engineers, usually 4++.

Unregistered 30-06-2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121058)
How much are you earning at MX12?
Roughly at what age will one hit 100kpa, 150kpa and 200kpa?

About 4.6k now

Unregistered 01-07-2019 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121037)
Anyone knows if IMDA pays well for a stat board?

Anyone knows?

Unregistered 01-07-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121114)
Anyone knows?

Grade 6/Asst Manager Salary Range: (Prob differs according your job function as well)
$2,900-$5,700

Not sure about the rest. But i entered at the $4xxx range.

Unregistered 01-07-2019 04:50 PM

I was in IMDA for about 6 months. I resigned because public service doesn't fit me. My grade 11 base pay is $11,000. I understood that there is a range from 9k plus to 12k for Grade 11.

I was told that the norm for bonus (including corporate bonus, aws and perofrmance bonus) starts at 4.75 months. Very good people get up to 7 months.

When I was there, I understood that IMDA generally pays more than other statutory board. I was getting more money (10-20% more) compared to my classmates who are in similar roles in other statutory board / ministries.

A lot of rich people in IMDA. A lot of the people are wearing gold or half-gold rolex and other exotic watches. One of the Director drives a Porsche 911s. BMW 5 series is quite normal. A lot of the managers / senior managers are driving cars too.

Unregistered 01-07-2019 05:43 PM

Sounds like the equivalent of MX10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121133)
I was in IMDA for about 6 months. I resigned because public service doesn't fit me. My grade 11 base pay is $11,000. I understood that there is a range from 9k plus to 12k for Grade 11.

I was told that the norm for bonus (including corporate bonus, aws and perofrmance bonus) starts at 4.75 months. Very good people get up to 7 months.

When I was there, I understood that IMDA generally pays more than other statutory board. I was getting more money (10-20% more) compared to my classmates who are in similar roles in other statutory board / ministries.

A lot of rich people in IMDA. A lot of the people are wearing gold or half-gold rolex and other exotic watches. One of the Director drives a Porsche 911s. BMW 5 series is quite normal. A lot of the managers / senior managers are driving cars too.

Unregistered 01-07-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

How many years of work experience do you have when you leave IMDA?

Unregistered 01-07-2019 09:25 PM

Mx 12 to mx 11 approx how many years? Thanks!

Unregistered 02-07-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Are employees in stat board given mid year bonus, end year bonus, special variable bonus just like those in ministries in top of those corporate bonus, aws and performance bonus?

Unregistered 02-07-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121153)
Are employees in stat board given mid year bonus, end year bonus, special variable bonus just like those in ministries in top of those corporate bonus, aws and performance bonus?

Different place different practices, thats why you should always negotiate based on total package (incl what is fixed and what is variable) so as to get a better picture than just looking at monthly salary..

Unregistered 02-07-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121136)
How many years of work experience do you have when you leave IMDA?

You mean when I joined IMDA? 6+ years.

Unregistered 03-07-2019 10:36 PM

Anyone know if new staff under LTA only offered contract rather than perm?

Unregistered 04-07-2019 12:30 AM

Contract offer from ministry

Hi guys, I am likely to be offered a 2 year contract from a ministry. They said it will be pegged to the same MX scheme. Do you know if the performance bonus and other bonuses for such a role will be same as perm staff? They also said that along the way, if perm vacancies open up I can be considered, or if at the end of 2 years the project brings value, then contract may get renewed. But no definite guarantees. Is this becoming a norm in public service? Pretty interesting job description though.

Unregistered 04-07-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121218)
Hi guys, I am likely to be offered a 2 year contract from a ministry. They said it will be pegged to the same MX scheme. Do you know if the performance bonus and other bonuses for such a role will be same as perm staff? They also said that along the way, if perm vacancies open up I can be considered, or if at the end of 2 years the project brings value, then contract may get renewed. But no definite guarantees. Is this becoming a norm in public service? Pretty interesting job description though.

your headcount is probably tie to project, it really depends on vacancies and your performance (need luck as well) to be transfer to a perm role..

how old are you?

if the offer is good and it is what you want to do and learn.. i suggest you go ahead.. afterall, worse case is to find another job 2 yrs later.

Unregistered 04-07-2019 12:38 PM

As I have been given a offer of 40% base salary increament from switching to this new company in the civil service. Anyone know if I can still negotiate further? What is the max that civil service can give per jump? Appreciate if anyone can help enlighten

Unregistered 04-07-2019 06:15 PM

Hi guys, the HR from a stat board called me after interview with director and shared that they are doing reference checks with the relevant parties now. E.g. Past employers and referees.

What are my chances of being offered?

Unregistered 04-07-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121244)
Hi guys, the HR from a stat board called me after interview with director and shared that they are doing reference checks with the relevant parties now. E.g. Past employers and referees.

What are my chances of being offered?

actually you can just ask the HR, usually will tell you.

Unregistered 04-07-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121218)

How much did they offer you? How many years of experience you have?

Unregistered 04-07-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121246)
actually you can just ask the HR, usually will tell you.

HR says interviewers keened to proceed with my application and asked for contacts of my past employers and referees. HR also advise to consider other job applications while waiting.

Based on this, what's your sensing?

Unregistered 05-07-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121214)
Anyone know if new staff under LTA only offered contract rather than perm?

Yes. 3 year contract. Engineer here.

Unregistered 07-07-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121296)
Yes. 3 year contract. Engineer here.

Contract not entitled to pb and mid year, end year bonus one

Unregistered 08-07-2019 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121375)

Just curious, does this apply to all contract roles in gov? i.e. no bonus? Is your basic pay slightly higher then? thanks

Unregistered 08-07-2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121375)

Not sure about other agencies, but LTA engineer on 3y contract as good as those staff on perm emplacement, eligible for all benefits, bonuses, PB, merit increment, etc.

Unregistered 09-07-2019 10:42 AM

Hey there! Can anyone advice whether PSD contract has the same benefits as perm in terms of bonus, mid year pay etc.? Thanks!

Unregistered 09-07-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121258)
HR says interviewers keened to proceed with my application and asked for contacts of my past employers and referees. HR also advise to consider other job applications while waiting.

Based on this, what's your sensing?

Their HR called me today to discuss salary. At this stage, what are the chances of being offered?

Unregistered 10-07-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121427)
Their HR called me today to discuss salary. At this stage, what are the chances of being offered?

Seems like you passed the reference check and they are drafting the submission of your appointment details, congrats! Hence there should be a very high chance of you being offered the role unless the pay range you’ve stated is really above what they can offer you.

ilovemoney 10-07-2019 02:39 PM

Hi guys,

NUS FASS male fresh grad with FCH and NS here. I also have several academic awards(top student for the A Levels, top student in my major blablabla) and internship experience.

What are the ministries/stat boards that generally pay the highest? Based on what I've read, it seems to be MFA and EDB. I honestly don't know what I want to do with my life and I have no interest in any particular job, so I thought I'd just try for the highest-paying government jobs. Any suggestions?

Also, would $4k be too much to ask?

Unregistered 10-07-2019 03:22 PM

Anyone knows how much public service or ministry/stat board scholars get on top of their 'non scholar' renumeration package?

Unregistered 10-07-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemoney (Post 121476)
Hi guys,

NUS FASS male fresh grad with FCH and NS here. I also have several academic awards(top student for the A Levels, top student in my major blablabla) and internship experience.

What are the ministries/stat boards that generally pay the highest? Based on what I've read, it seems to be MFA and EDB. I honestly don't know what I want to do with my life and I have no interest in any particular job, so I thought I'd just try for the highest-paying government jobs. Any suggestions?

Also, would $4k be too much to ask?

what major did u took in FASS?
if you r not a scholar and do not have a professional degree (Econs, IT, Accounting etc) u will rank as a FCH general degree, $3.4k - 3.7k Max... Not from NUS but from exp..

s://blog.seedly.sg/graduate-starting-salary-nus-ntu-smu-sutd-sit/