Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 10-05-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24643)
Hi... Was offered a job in the civil service.. I know there is diff btw civil and public service...
My qn is.. Will the bonus and pay increment lose out to public service?
Coz my gf is in a stat board, her bonus and stuff are very good...
So may i know bonus and pay increment wise, how much should i expect???

Anyway mine is some grade 8 officer in PMO...

Fresh grad 2nd upper ..

Thanx

so how much did they offer you?

Unregistered 10-05-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24643)
Hi... Was offered a job in the civil service.. I know there is diff btw civil and public service...
My qn is.. Will the bonus and pay increment lose out to public service?
Coz my gf is in a stat board, her bonus and stuff are very good...
So may i know bonus and pay increment wise, how much should i expect???

Anyway mine is some grade 8 officer in PMO...

Fresh grad 2nd upper ..

Thanx

ur gf un which stat board? My bf also in stat board but the pay like not much leh

Unregistered 10-05-2012 04:34 PM

*in

1o char

lmaohaha 10-05-2012 07:51 PM

are stat boards pay structure and increments better than ministries? do they oso grade employees and reward accordingly?

Unregistered 11-05-2012 12:40 AM

Hi, just need advice on how much salary i should expect working in a Stat board like CPF,BCA or WDA..? I'm a diploma holder w/NS, 1.5yrs experience,latest salary is $1800.. Thanks. :)

brandon 11-05-2012 11:20 AM

if jump to civil service from the private sector, will i succeed if i ask for at least 20% increment for monthly pay?

Unregistered 11-05-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon (Post 24684)
if jump to civil service from the private sector, will i succeed if i ask for at least 20% increment for monthly pay?

you mean "decrement" right?

Unregistered 11-05-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon (Post 24684)

You wait long long... For your info.... I had the same naive thinking like you... The Hr offered me a 30% decrement... Insane... Those stingy cost-cutting pieces of s.h.i.t.... You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.....

wern 11-05-2012 07:56 PM

Define "pte" sector?
banking/finance industry then jump to civil or stat board sure will kena cut in pay one la.
if you jump from eg. SME to civil service then at least a match with your current salary is reasonable.

Unregistered 11-05-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24689)
You wait long long... For your info.... I had the same naive thinking like you... The Hr offered me a 30% decrement... Insane... Those stingy cost-cutting pieces of s.h.i.t.... You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.....

they have plenty of monkeys. all earning peanuts. only the top elites earn millions like the ministers (they call themselves AOs, pronounced as "Aay-Oles"). and look how they screwed up major policies and implementations. doesn't mean you pay top dollars to these "Aay-Oles" you'll get good results. what they know is how to stinge on paying the lower ranks, while they will praise themselves to the sky and make big bucks themselves... and then screw up on policies.