Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 18-11-2023 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260709)
hi guys, i am under the MX scheme and have a question about entitlements here.

My off day is on a weekday because i am working on saturdays for full day.
I have a department retreat on my weekday off day and i am not compensated OIL.
If i am sick for my department retreat, do i need to take MC and apply sick leave in the HRP employee system?

Cause my Director, Deputy Director and Assistant Director all told me to take medical leave for my off day and i just want to check my rights.

Better to check with HR for this. I don't see why the OIL cannot be claimed at another day if they want you to attend the retreat.

Unregistered 18-11-2023 01:30 PM

If your contract is to work Monday to Friday, the Saturday + OIL may be an informal arrangement, and the OIL may not be granted due to work requirements (such as the retreat). If you fall sick and have an MC, you should apply for medical leave as advised by your bosses. As for whether you should get another OIL, it is not an entitlement but at supervisor's discretion. Other civil servants also work extra days and there isn't one-for-one OIL. It's just part of the job.

Unregistered 18-11-2023 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260714)
Better to check with HR for this. I don't see why the OIL cannot be claimed at another day if they want you to attend the retreat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260732)
If your contract is to work Monday to Friday, the Saturday + OIL may be an informal arrangement, and the OIL may not be granted due to work requirements (such as the retreat). If you fall sick and have an MC, you should apply for medical leave as advised by your bosses. As for whether you should get another OIL, it is not an entitlement but at supervisor's discretion. Other civil servants also work extra days and there isn't one-for-one OIL. It's just part of the job.

thanks for the replies.

Unregistered 18-11-2023 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260685)
Typical low SES civil serpent response. Lose already go for the wife/gf cringe comebacks 💀

2 months bonus also want to haolian? 😂😂😂

An epic joke

Hehe you said you willing to do play dirty and do things that people won't ma. Wouldn't that include selling wife/gf? Hehe. If u dun have wife/gf, got younger sister hehe. I think 2 months too much to pay. Budget for bros here I think 0.1month, amount declared for 2029 lol

Unregistered 18-11-2023 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260747)
Hehe you said you willing to do play dirty and do things that people won't ma. Wouldn't that include selling wife/gf? Hehe. If u dun have wife/gf, got younger sister hehe. I think 2 months too much to pay. Budget for bros here I think 0.1month, amount declared for 2029 lol

Someone give me what this bro here is smoking man 💀

If this is the standard of English from our much lauded civil serpents then I think we’re all doomed 😂😂😂

Unregistered 21-11-2023 11:42 PM

Hi all, was wondering if anyone (preferably in Home Team) could enlighten me on the approximate salary range for a senior office in SCDF and the annual increments? Male with NS, 2nd lower. Unsure if this route is viable in the long run versus DXO scheme in terms of exit opportunities and professional development...

Unregistered 22-11-2023 03:37 AM

hi guys, anyone know the salary of a uav pilot with a SAF merit scholarship? and how the progression is like? thanks!

Unregistered 27-11-2023 11:36 PM

Is it the norm now to be offered one yr contract for perm position for fresh grads? then convert if performance is satisfactory?

Unregistered 28-11-2023 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261698)
Is it the norm now to be offered one yr contract for perm position for fresh grads? then convert if performance is satisfactory?

The norm for more than a decade already

Unregistered 28-11-2023 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261698)

look at it like a 1 year probation.