Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 29-07-2023 01:36 PM

Pay for fresh grad

Would like to check what's the salary range and job title for a fresh grad from local uni, 2nd upper with ns?

Unregistered 29-07-2023 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253027)
Would like to check what's the salary range and job title for a fresh grad from local uni, 2nd upper with ns?

Salary for fresh grad should be 3.8-4.2k

Unregistered 30-07-2023 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253014)
Asking bootlickers to assess people for performance what could go wrong. LOL

Birds of the same feather flock together. Bootlickers will promote bootlickers with no skills.

Unregistered 30-07-2023 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253077)
Birds of the same feather flock together. Bootlickers will promote bootlickers with no skills.

Exactly only capable pple dares to promote capable pple because they know they can't be outperformed easily.
Incompetent bootlickers will never dare to promote capable people unless they are about to retire. Therefore an organisation rots in the long run.

Unregistered 30-07-2023 05:13 PM

When the offer (in the email) states salary of X, and I agreed and they said to sign LOA soon. The LOA will be exactly the same pay stated right? And it won't be the case where when I sign the LOA suddenly it is lower than agreed salary of X and then I get played?

Unregistered 30-07-2023 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253081)
When the offer (in the email) states salary of X, and I agreed and they said to sign LOA soon. The LOA will be exactly the same pay stated right? And it won't be the case where when I sign the LOA suddenly it is lower than agreed salary of X and then I get played?

HR won't low ball u like that. U need to know that hiring is part of their KPI.

Unregistered 31-07-2023 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253086)
HR won't low ball u like that. U need to know that hiring is part of their KPI.

its the opposite for me! Email (verbal offer) stated salary X, and the LOA salary stated is higher than salary X. I’m wondering if you know any possible reasons why this happened? It’s of course a good thing but I’m just curious if it’s because of them adjusting salary based on uni classification such as FCH second upper etc. didn’t ask HR cos idw them to regret their adjustment hahaha

Unregistered 31-07-2023 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253012)
Firstly, i think the poster was trying to say that the verbal offer ranged from 3.6 to 3.7K (not 7k, haha).

Second, to the poster, i think the verbal offer was just an under-estimation. Now that the actual offer is higher, u are not complaining, correct? haha

Hahaha thank you for catching that! Yes there was a typo 3.6k-3.7k not 7k! Couldnt edit the post after posting ps. I’m definitely not complaining for higher adjustment (as long it’s not lower hahaha), just curious the reason why and if my grades (as a fresh grad, second upper) did really contributed to the higher adjustment.

Unregistered 31-07-2023 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 253027)

Depends if Min/SB, but average 3.8k to 4.2k (MX 13 scheme)! For min I’d say it’s normally Senior Executive/AM. For SB, would be AM/Manager.

Unregistered 04-08-2023 06:05 PM

My friend's sister who'd just graduated in Master deg from a local uni (engrg course) & had just joined LTA as an engineer (LTE grade 6) recently. She's getting only 3.9k for her starting pay. Just wondering if she has any advantage in promotion or other arrangements.

Anyone any idea? Thanks!