Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 12-05-2022 12:58 AM

Hi all, what does the 4 component in our salary mean?
Does the first 2 component mean I can get a pension when I retire?
Thanks in advance for the clarity!

Unregistered 12-05-2022 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217553)
Hi all, what does the 4 component in our salary mean?
Does the first 2 component mean I can get a pension when I retire?
Thanks in advance for the clarity!

just means that they can cut your pay if economy bad

justafarmer 12-05-2022 09:41 AM

Anyone can advise on the possibility to negotiate for higher job grade? i am currently jumping from statboard A to statboard B and say if statboard B offer me a job grade, is it too much if i ask for a higher job grade when my annual package falls within the higher job grade as well? Reason for asking is because statboard B is wellknown 1st tier agency and likely progression would be prioritised for their scholars and other high performers. Would like to go in at a highest possible grade especially i am near 40.

Unregistered 12-05-2022 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justafarmer (Post 217600)
Anyone can advise on the possibility to negotiate for higher job grade? i am currently jumping from statboard A to statboard B and say if statboard B offer me a job grade, is it too much if i ask for a higher job grade when my annual package falls within the higher job grade as well? Reason for asking is because statboard B is wellknown 1st tier agency and likely progression would be prioritised for their scholars and other high performers. Would like to go in at a highest possible grade especially i am near 40.

if the higher job grade is for a appt holder position then unless your are going to be in that appt, it would be diffifult

justafarmer 12-05-2022 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217601)
if the higher job grade is for a appt holder position then unless your are going to be in that appt, it would be diffifult

Thank you for your advice. The higher job grade can be non-appointment holder , or appointment holder, which i believe the latter would be reserved for scholars.

Unregistered 12-05-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217595)
just means that they can cut your pay if economy bad

That means there’s no pension for retirees right?

Unregistered 13-05-2022 11:44 PM

anyone tried to nego with HR salary after written offer? how did it go?

Unregistered 14-05-2022 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217763)

must see u wear short skirt to interview or not

Unregistered 14-05-2022 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217763)

There's no harm is trying, but what you need to know is that any change is likely to be minimal (3-5%), and typically requires the approval of the CE or PS. So unless the hiring Dir and HR really likes you, they will likely not try and tell you not possible. As to whether they will withdraw the offer, likely not especially if you are asking nicely.

Unregistered 15-05-2022 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 217785)
There's no harm is trying, but what you need to know is that any change is likely to be minimal (3-5%), and typically requires the approval of the CE or PS. So unless the hiring Dir and HR really likes you, they will likely not try and tell you not possible. As to whether they will withdraw the offer, likely not especially if you are asking nicely.

No need ask nicely. My friend kan the Hr and easily get extra 5%.