Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Anonymous 27-01-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miwashi (Post 20048)
does this mean they already determine a CEP for us immediately upon the first interview? They can see how far we can possibly go by just talking to us for 20 minutes?

dude ive explained to you quite a bit about cep... is it still a hazy concept for u?

Unregistered 28-01-2012 04:04 AM

Private Sector vs Civil Service

My 2 cents worth.

While I was in private sector, this was what I earned as an engrg grp leader in a jap manufacturing plant. btw a grp leader in jap is equivalent to a asst manager.

Basic: 3771
Technical Allowance: 400 - 500
Transport & Meal: 110
OT: 12 per hr cap at 50 hrs

My army buddy who works as a teacher. Another fren of mine started out as a custom officer. Both 3rd class and we started work in 1999. By 2009, when I left my pay was lower than them by 600 - 1K. They had lower gross pay when they started out but caught up with me by 2006. Worst was I seldom get to see sunset and got to work on sat.

I guess it really dpds on what are you doing in pte sector. Not all are gd stuff. Even in banking. I guess how well off u are is not totally on hpw much u earn but largely dpds on how much u save. I am now in civil service. I dun thk it is all that too bad compared to my colleague who are still in that plant but now in american's hands. At least I am happy and I do not nid to work 36 hrs when producct yield are down! Many may thk AO earn obscence sum of $$ but I thk the japs who came here as exp.....earn even more when some of them work very little though they spend long hrs in the co.

Unregistered 28-01-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20082)
My 2 cents worth.

While I was in private sector, this was what I earned as an engrg grp leader in a jap manufacturing plant. btw a grp leader in jap is equivalent to a asst manager.

Basic: 3771
Technical Allowance: 400 - 500
Transport & Meal: 110
OT: 12 per hr cap at 50 hrs

My army buddy who works as a teacher. Another fren of mine started out as a custom officer. Both 3rd class and we started work in 1999. By 2009, when I left my pay was lower than them by 600 - 1K. They had lower gross pay when they started out but caught up with me by 2006. Worst was I seldom get to see sunset and got to work on sat.

I guess it really dpds on what are you doing in pte sector. Not all are gd stuff. Even in banking. I guess how well off u are is not totally on hpw much u earn but largely dpds on how much u save. I am now in civil service. I dun thk it is all that too bad compared to my colleague who are still in that plant but now in american's hands. At least I am happy and I do not nid to work 36 hrs when producct yield are down! Many may thk AO earn obscence sum of $$ but I thk the japs who came here as exp.....earn even more when some of them work very little though they spend long hrs in the co.

You must have already suffered brain damage working too long in engineering, there is no way you can get rich working as an engineer here... Engineering industry in Singapore is hopeless!!... Why work like s.h.i.t from dawn till dusk to just earn a few lousy dollars an hour.. then when reach 40years old... u get retrenched?? The engineering industry is a place where naive fresh grads go to die... Be warned!!! Dun be fooled by the gahment... They need to push people to sacrifice their future to fill up the high turnover in the industry to... As long as things continue to continue.. They can continue to get their fat bonus..

Unregistered 28-01-2012 05:55 PM

flexible

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20018)
some places announce already

I heard there would be market adjustment for civil service, effective 1st Feb.

Bean 28-01-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20103)
I heard there would be market adjustment for civil service, effective 1st Feb.

for all civil service(all ministry.....uniform group).....only.....

how about for statboard like EDB,JTC,DSTA, NEA??? got or not?

how much is the wage adjustment? +$200?

Unregistered 28-01-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 20108)
for all civil service(all ministry.....uniform group).....only.....

how about for statboard like EDB,JTC,DSTA, NEA??? got or not?

how much is the wage adjustment? +$200?

How much is the adjustment for the ministries & uniform groups?
I guess stat boards may use it as a reference

Bean 28-01-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20109)
How much is the adjustment for the ministries & uniform groups?
I guess stat boards may use it as a reference

i also asking too?

how much is the wage adjustment?

Unregistered 28-01-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 20120)
i also asking too?

how much is the wage adjustment?

In 2007, the adjustment was abt 7 -11%. This time shd be abt this range.

Bean 28-01-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20121)
In 2007, the adjustment was abt 7 -11%. This time shd be abt this range.

so it is a % base wage adjustment?

I tot it is a lump sum of eg: +200 to +300 to all employee

mean those MX9, 10000 salary will get addition $1000 more?!?!

Unregistered 29-01-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 20122)
so it is a % base wage adjustment?

I tot it is a lump sum of eg: +200 to +300 to all employee

mean those MX9, 10000 salary will get addition $1000 more?!?!

Heard that it is 10%.
But it may not be uniform across all the MX. The lower rungs will be the main beneficiaries.