Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 19-06-2020 04:21 PM

We are a retired couple with $500k cash. Our condominium unit is paid up. The cash will last us for ten years. When we reach 65, we will get $4k pm from CPF Life. We will retire in place in our condominium.

We estimated that we will need only $3k pm after 65 as we will cook our own meals.
We don’t drive and we do our simple household chores ourselves.
We can save $1k pm.

We have achieved the Singapore dream because we own a condo, drove a car before,
have cash for retirement. We are simple people, live in a modest condominium and
lead a simple retirement. We don’t need to work so hard until 65 years old. We are
happy to retire at 55.

Unregistered 19-06-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133287)
just shy of 150k this yr working for a GLC

male, in my mid-30s

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134687)
not bad. you are in the 80th percentile i guess.
i am mid 30s 130+k, in a SB

Late-30s here, working in Ministry... annual package is around 180k assuming no mid & EOY bonuses... sad to say I've hit my ceiling and the next promotion won't be around the corner, and it's going to be my last one. Our runway is typically short and steep, but I am not complaining and is grateful instead.

Unregistered 19-06-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 138952)
We are a retired couple with $500k cash. Our condominium unit is paid up. The cash will last us for ten years. When we reach 65, we will get $4k pm from CPF Life. We will retire in place in our condominium.

We estimated that we will need only $3k pm after 65 as we will cook our own meals.
We can save $1k pm.

We have achieved the Singapore dream because we own a condo, drove a car before,
have cash for retirement. We are simple people, live in a modest condominium and
lead a simple retirement. We don’t need to work so hard until 65 years old. We are
happy to retire at 55.

Congratulations. Wish you the best and enjoy your retirement.

Unlike you, many are chasing after the insatiable greed for money until they die at their wordesk. They just give themselves silly excuse like scare not enough monies to push themselves nearer the graves. Let them be. For you, know what is needed n more importantly, when to quit the rat race n smell the roses is all the matter!! Good luck!!

Unregistered 20-06-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

We can save $1k pm.

happy to retire at 55.

in other news, i had chicken rice for lunch today.

Unregistered 21-06-2020 03:32 PM

Agreed, and congrats with your returement plan.

Imo, its not how much we made but how much we can live contenedly.

If you have income (passive) which can meet ur living expenses and insurances, your savings for rainy days and assets to pass down to next gen. This is a successful planning already.

Use those "earned" time and use it for your passion wo worries is a great achievement already.

Quote:

We can save $1k pm.

happy to retire at 55.

Unregistered 21-06-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139012)
Congratulations. Wish you the best and enjoy your retirement.

Unlike you, many are chasing after the insatiable greed for money until they die at their wordesk. They just give themselves silly excuse like scare not enough monies to push themselves nearer the graves. Let them be. For you, know what is needed n more importantly, when to quit the rat race n smell the roses is all the matter!! Good luck!!

Thank you. We are enjoying our retirement. It is indeed a wonderful feeling to be financial independent. We know of people who died in their 60s. We don't want to retire at 65 as we may not even reach 65. If we do die at 65, at least we have enjoyed 10 years of retirement.

We are confident of our finances. In fact, we are prepared to sell our condominium unit if we have to and downgrade to a HDB flat. We are humble, down to earth people. Life is short. You only live once on this earth. We have worked so hard all our lives. Now it is time to relax and enjoy whatever years is left. There is no need to leave behind so much wealth for our children. They will have to work hard to achieve their own dreams. Just give them a good education.

We came from humble background. What we have achieved is beyond our wildest dream. To own a condo is a big achievement in Singapore. If you own a condo which is fully paid, you have made it in life. Only about 20% people in Singapore lives in private property.

Unregistered 21-06-2020 10:04 PM

Early 30s in a specialized track around 120k++ depending on bonuses working in a stat board, glad to have chosen civil service because even in these unnerving times I have a stable job and no retrenchment, have friends who earn much more than me, but I have learnt to be contented with what I have

Unregistered 21-06-2020 10:27 PM

31 this year, in uniformed civil service for 8 years since 2012. Diploma holder taking on a sponsored degree. 70k in 2019 with shitty year end bonus of 0.1

JDX 22-06-2020 12:40 AM

Salaries

In-house finance/business roles.

Salaries are “all-in” and approximate

Year 1: $70K
Year 2: $90K
Year 3: $100K
Year 4: $130K
Year 5: $130K
Year 6: $200K

Unregistered 23-06-2020 11:12 AM

Mid-30s, working at a bank. $265,000 salary, $60,000 target bonus. Ivy League degree. Single, no kids.