Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 06-08-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143343)
A35 bonds. Less risky

Agree with this +1 we will be in prolonged depression so should stick with bonds, equities are quite overvalued.

Unregistered 08-08-2020 02:29 PM

Good for you. This life is short. No point working so hard and becoming greedy with wealth. We will all die one day and will not bring anything to the grave. Your cars, houses and money will not follow you to the grave. I see people working so hard and then they die in their 50s and 60s. Didn’t enjoy a single day of retirement. If you have enough to lead a simple life, then retire and enjoy your retirement. You will surely be happier and healthier. I retired in my late 40s after a high flying career and never looked back. I’m a lot happier. I have enough wealth to retire comfortably.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143131)
I am a simple 52 yo male. A salaried worker. A nobody. I plan to retire at age 55. I am tired of working after working for so many years. YOLO. When I reach 55, I can withdraw $300k from my CPF OA. My home is paid up and I am debt free.

I plan to spend $1500 pm or $18k pa from age 55 to 65. In total I will spend $180k over 10 years. At age 65, I will receive $2000 pm from my CPF Life until I die. I have medical insurance which I bought many years ago.

My plans during retirement

1. Exercise
2. Catch up on sleep
3. Volunteering
4. Learning to cook
5. Participate in community activities
6. Swimming
7. Watching TV and movies
8. Surf the internet
9. Lots of reading
10. Budget travel
11. Meditating
12. New hobbies

Are there any more activities I can do during retirement?

sinkingfeeling 08-08-2020 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143507)
Good for you. This life is short. No point working so hard and becoming greedy with wealth. We will all die one day and will not bring anything to the grave. Your cars, houses and money will not follow you to the grave. I see people working so hard and then they die in their 50s and 60s. Didn’t enjoy a single day of retirement. If you have enough to lead a simple life, then retire and enjoy your retirement. You will surely be happier and healthier. I retired in my late 40s after a high flying career and never looked back. I’m a lot happier. I have enough wealth to retire comfortably.

So lucky, I'm mentally prepared that I will have to take courses in table cleaning and cardboard picking when I'm 70 years old :(

Unregistered 09-08-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling (Post 143531)
So lucky, I'm mentally prepared that I will have to take courses in table cleaning and cardboard picking when I'm 70 years old :(

good exercise for you

Unregistered 11-08-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143385)
Agree with this +1 we will be in prolonged depression so should stick with bonds, equities are quite overvalued.

You need to factor in the fact that we're currently living in the era of great monetary inflation. by the time your bond matures u will be only left with a fraction of the value of your principal, due to the acceleration of monetary debasement as central banks pour in trillions of stimulus. To safeguard your wealth in the foreseeable future you need to invest substantially in gold and bitcoin as a portion of your portfolio.

Unregistered 11-08-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143242)
28 male single in IT field. Base 14k per month. What are the best ways to grow money in the current economic climate?

what kind of IT field that will give u 14k at 28 yo ?

I'm an IT manager for a largest startup on earth, and i only hit 10k with all bonus included. what am i missing here

Unregistered 11-08-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143687)
what kind of IT field that will give u 14k at 28 yo ?

I'm an IT manager for a largest startup on earth, and i only hit 10k with all bonus included. what am i missing here

how old are you first??

Unregistered 12-08-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143690)
how old are you first??

i am 30 yo , and i've been hiring for the past 2-3 years , i never see any offer beyond 10k for anyone lower than 8 years experience . at most 10k for 1 or 2 foreigner.

that's why i'm wondering

Unregistered 16-08-2020 07:37 PM

Depressed

seeing all the salaries here make me depressed

27yo female
2.8 years working experience
3.7k per month, no bonus

Unregistered 16-08-2020 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143950)
seeing all the salaries here make me depressed

27yo female
2.8 years working experience
3.7k per month, no bonus

What job and industry are you in? Qualifications?