Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 21-09-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28488)
If you are a Singaporean, you should buy a landed property. Foreigners cannot buy landed property. Dont be stupid to buy an expensive box in the sky. Ths supply of landed properties is shrinking rapidly every year while demand is rising up fast.

A landed property gives you very high social status and only about 5% of Singaporeans live in a landed property. You can build a swimming pool, a big fish pond and a nice garden.

Landed property in Singapore is very undervalued, esp the ones in the west of Singapore.

There are still cheap landed properties in the Jurong area (CORPORATION and WESTWOOD landed estates) which are still selling at less than S$2mil. These will definitely rise to above S$2mil when the Jurong Lake District is developed in the next 5-8 years. Currently, not many are in the market and these get quickly snapped up and prices are moving higher and higher.

Don't buy beyond your means no matter what...

Unregistered 21-09-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

If you are a Singaporean, you should buy a landed property. Foreigners cannot buy landed property. Dont be stupid to buy an expensive box in the sky. Ths supply of landed properties is shrinking rapidly every year while demand is rising up fast.

A landed property gives you very high social status and only about 5% of Singaporeans live in a landed property. You can build a swimming pool, a big fish pond and a nice garden.

Landed property in Singapore is very undervalued, esp the ones in the west of Singapore.

There are still cheap landed properties in the Jurong area (CORPORATION and WESTWOOD landed estates) which are still selling at less than S$2mil. These will definitely rise to above S$2mil when the Jurong Lake District is developed in the next 5-8 years. Currently, not many are in the market and these get quickly snapped up and prices are moving higher and higher.

Makes sense, thx for the tip.... But I still don't want to swat mosquitoes at night. I was thinking of investing in condos in the Jurong Lake District. I have never seen a lizard or cockroach since I moved out of parent's landed to my condo. No gardening. No security alarms going off at night. No worries about break-ins. Don't even need a maid because condo living is easy maintenance.... Its the ideal home for the lazy.

But, indeed agree that landed may make a better investment for the very long term, and this is only for Singaporeans. I like the sound of that. If I had 0.4M cash downpayment for the 2M landed I would take the plunge.... Asia is the new growth area, and we are in a good position for the future. Buy land... they aren't making any more of it. (ok, in SG we do buy other countries' sand to make land around the shoreline, haha)

Unregistered 21-09-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28489)
Age - 35

Job - SAP Consultant

basic pay: SGD $280K per annum

home: HDB 5 rom

car: 1 Audi + 1 Suzuki

investment fund: $700K ++

property: 1 office space worth 2.3M with 1.1M loan left

I went for SAP training recently. This software is so user unfriendly, absolutely hate it. Reminds me of programming. Ridiculous commands and not intuitive or easy to remember at all. Did I tell u I hate the software??

The trainer was good though. Heard SAP pays well, so its true.

SAP student (not real job, hahaha): 100K per annum
Very early 30s
Happy condo dweller, 430K loan left
Industrial property investment, tenanted out, 480K loan left

Unregistered 22-09-2012 10:15 AM

An answer to Owner's Topic & Users' Posts

Dear all,

Instituition: Poly
P.T Job: (Executive, Finance)
Experience: 2 years (including internship at bank)
Salary: 21XXK

I sincerely hope I can modestly assist some of younger generations in benchmarking process. Thank-you and Best Wishes to everyone.

Vision: Investment Banking, accompanied by a D' position, is my vision. Any kind souls in I-ber sector, kindly enlighten me in terms of education level, brief details on general hierarchy organizational structure and additional knowledge.

Token of Appreciation: Thank-you very much and Cheers!

Unregistered 22-09-2012 05:02 PM

Hi, thanks for the tips. I'm working in a bank earning $200k pa. I'm inspired by your post and now thinking of buying a landed property in the Jurong area. Saw a property selling at $1.5mil, looks affordable to me. Am thinking of buying if my fiancé agrees.

Quote:

Unregistered 22-09-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28510)
Hi, thanks for the tips. I'm working in a bank earning $200k pa. I'm inspired by your post and now thinking of buying a landed property in the Jurong area. Saw a property selling at $1.5mil, looks affordable to me. Am thinking of buying if my fiancé agrees.

What if you lose your job?

Unregistered 23-09-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28511)
What if you lose your job?

He's probably another troll, anyone who decides whether to buy a house based on a post and on his fiancee doesnt have enough sense to earn 200k pa

Johnny 23-09-2012 06:13 PM

Good for you. But remember that you have to wait for a few years before prices move to $2mil and above. The area is still transforming. JCube is ready and Jem and Westgate will be ready over the next 2 years or so. If you and your future wife earns $200k each, it should not be a problem financing a $1.5m landed house. In fact you can pay off in just a few years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28510)

Unregistered 23-09-2012 07:09 PM

What is your opinion of 99 yr landed properties?

Is landed only worthwhile investing in, if its 999 or freehold?

Johnny 23-09-2012 08:18 PM

In property investing, it is all about location, location, location.

It doesn't matter whether it is 99 yrs or FH as long as the location is good.

If location is good, there is high chance of en bloc even though it is 99 yrs leasehold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28525)
What is your opinion of 99 yr landed properties?

Is landed only worthwhile investing in, if its 999 or freehold?