Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 23-06-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139392)
Mid-30s, working at a bank. $265,000 salary, $60,000 target bonus. Ivy League degree. Single, no kids.

What is your role in the bank?

Unregistered 23-06-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 139392)
Mid-30s, working at a bank. $265,000 salary, $60,000 target bonus. Ivy League degree. Single, no kids.

gayyyyyyyyy

Unregistered 22-07-2020 11:43 AM

32yr old, cyber security analyst performing digital forensics and malware reverse engineering.
Working in fortune 500 coy in Singapore.
160k/annum, bonus around 11.5k, with the usual base + 13th month.

Wife 35yr old, head of a dept or branch in ministry. Not sure really, but her title is head. Some mx role, she's doing 120k/annum

Unregistered 22-07-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132445)
I have been happily married for over 30 years. Our two kids have graduated and are now working.

My wife and I stayed in the same halls at NUS. When we first started work 35 years ago, our salary were about the same and for some a few years, our salaries grew almost in tandem. When I went overseas to get a Masters degree, she quit her job to follow me and look after our children who were just 4 and 1 yo.

Because of that sacrifice, when we returned and my wife re-joined the workforce, her salary growth trajectory was affected. While my salary growth trajectory was quite steep (accompanying a few promotions along the way) her salary increment each year was very modest. A few years later, she went for her Masters degree and earned a promotion as well.
Our combined earned income is currently $500k pa and another $200k pa of passive income.

So is it good to marry a capable wife? Answer is a resounding yes. A capable wife :
1 keeps you on your toes,
2 challenges you to constantly improve yourself,
3. can hold meaningful debates on current affairs and other important matters
4. helps you cover "blind spots" in decision making whether in investment, career moves etc..
5. can help home tutuor your children all the way to uni. Both our kids dont have external tuition.
6. accelerates your wealth build up (my wife played a big part in our $200k pa passive income)
7 have a good network of equally capable friends that together can enhance your knowledge as well as in important contacts
8. removes the stress of being the sole bread winner in the family
9. brings with her, her own rich experience of work and life to enhance yours
10 can help contibute significantly in big investments like property purchases, stocks and others.

I count my blessings daily for a full and happy life, and my capable wife plays a huge part in it.

An important caveat here. If you are not able to match up to your wife's intellect, work ethic, capability and ambition, you will be very miserable. For example if you are a laid back bum with little ambition, you should know what kind of women to avoid in marriage.

I second this.

When I first knew my wife, she was already pursuing her masters and I was just an O levels holder. After NS, I continued with the uniform group for a good 7 years as I was obviously a lost soul who didnt know what to do in life. But I knew that I got to get my education, so I did my diploma in accounting but couldn't see myself doing accounting in the future. Wasted 2 years. Thereafter I did my diploma and degree focusing on IT, as it was a hot role. She supported me throughout, not financially but morale support and that was what kept me going. She would take the train to MDIS during my break at night, to have dinner together and asked about my lesson. Though I was 100% sure she know nuts about the technical terms I explained to her. Honestly I would I dropped out and wasted 20k if not for her.

After uniform group and my degree, I got to join one of the big 4s as a consultant, and now I'm in one of US MNC. Both of us are still young, in our mid 30s now and we are doing a combined of 280k/annum, with one infant child.

I am still considering pursing my masters or PhD after my boy has grows slightly older, but yes, I am able to hold meaningful debate with her especially when her background is on psychology. I always let her win in the debate due to her good command of the English language, but I'm living a very happy life. Hopefully we can move onto a private property, either condo or landed, after our 4 room HDB has reach MOP in a year's time.

My wife has always been my pillar of support and I 120% agree with the statement, behind every successful man is a strong woman.

Unregistered 02-08-2020 11:49 AM

I am a simple 52 yo male. A salaried worker. A nobody. I plan to retire at age 55. I am tired of working after working for so many years. YOLO. When I reach 55, I can withdraw $300k from my CPF OA. My home is paid up and I am debt free.

I plan to spend $1500 pm or $18k pa from age 55 to 65. In total I will spend $180k over 10 years. At age 65, I will receive $2000 pm from my CPF Life until I die. I have medical insurance which I bought many years ago.

My plans during retirement

1. Exercise
2. Catch up on sleep
3. Volunteering
4. Learning to cook
5. Participate in community activities
6. Swimming
7. Watching TV and movies
8. Surf the internet
9. Lots of reading
10. Budget travel
11. Meditating
12. New hobbies

Are there any more activities I can do during retirement?

Unregistered 02-08-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143131)
I am a simple 52 yo male. A salaried worker. A nobody. I plan to retire at age 55. I am tired of working after working for so many years. YOLO. When I reach 55, I can withdraw $300k from my CPF OA. My home is paid up and I am debt free.

I plan to spend $1500 pm or $18k pa from age 55 to 65. In total I will spend $180k over 10 years. At age 65, I will receive $2000 pm from my CPF Life until I die. I have medical insurance which I bought many years ago.

1. Exercise
2. Catch up on sleep
3. Volunteering
4. Learning to cook
6. Swimming
8. Surf the internet
9. Lots of reading
10. Budget travel
11. Meditating
12. New hobbies

Eating buffet

Unregistered 03-08-2020 08:24 PM

Excellent retirement plan. $1500 pm is more than enough to retire if your home is paid up. Cooking your own meals is cheap. If you want to eat at restaurant everyday, then you need more to retire, maybe like $20,000 pm. If your friends are also the same as you, then you don’t need much to retire. However if your circle of friends are in the upper class, then you need millions before you can retire because you need to stay in bungalow, drive big luxury car, employ 4 maids, etc. So simple man don’t need much to retire but upper class man needs millions to retire. Better be a simple man. Less headache and less worries. Lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143131)

1. Exercise
2. Catch up on sleep
3. Volunteering
4. Learning to cook
6. Swimming
8. Surf the internet
9. Lots of reading
10. Budget travel
11. Meditating
12. New hobbies

Unregistered 04-08-2020 12:55 PM

28 male single in IT field. Base 14k per month. What are the best ways to grow money in the current economic climate?

Unregistered 05-08-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143242)
28 male single in IT field. Base 14k per month. What are the best ways to grow money in the current economic climate?

A35 bonds. Less risky

Unregistered 06-08-2020 10:30 AM

in a SB, single 31 years old made 140k+ last year including CPF, many of my uni friends in sales,banking earning more but I learnt to be happy and contented with what I have knowing many are in much more unfortunate position. Working towards financial independence so i can retire early in mid to late 40s