Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 23-05-2022 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218780)
What are the differences between single-accredited IM, advanced IM, and now the new Hospital Clinician Scheme (with RPs being phased out)? Other than the former 2 being SAB accredited and having undergone formal residency training. HCS seems like the US hospitalist system but without the IM board certification. Why not consolidate all primary care programs into either an IM or FM residency like other countries?

Single accredited I'm = advanced I'm

May or may not have jobs

Coz consultant level jobs are not a lot

Hospital clinician scheme is at mid level.
u pass Ur MRCP, u can be at reg level
But not at consultant level

But hospital clinician got job

Unregistered 23-05-2022 06:36 PM

Quote:

What are the differences between single-accredited IM, advanced IM, and now the new Hospital Clinician Scheme (with RPs being phased out)? Other than the former 2 being SAB accredited and having undergone formal residency training. HCS seems like the US hospitalist system but without the IM board certification. Why not consolidate all primary care programs into either an IM or FM residency like other countries?

Im must not be consolidated
Im is really impt.
The medicine thinking, the mrcp thinking

Is not something fm can do

Unregistered 23-05-2022 08:12 PM

Quote:

which country has IM and FM combined?

usa got primary care geared im residency. that's about it.

Unregistered 24-05-2022 10:08 PM

Hi guys, HO here who has just started out! After my 5th call I look down the road and realise I don't think I can do this for the rest of my life. I used to have dreams of becoming a cardiologist but looking at the road ahead and the saikang a GM junior MO has to do before fighting for senior residency I don't think it may be worth it anymore. Wanted to ask about what is the best way to plan MOPEX such that I can avoid calls and perhaps have more time for other things? Am sorry, am struggling to adapt

Unregistered 24-05-2022 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218997)
Hi guys, HO here who has just started out! After my 5th call I look down the road and realise I don't think I can do this for the rest of my life. I used to have dreams of becoming a cardiologist but looking at the road ahead and the saikang a GM junior MO has to do before fighting for senior residency I don't think it may be worth it anymore. Wanted to ask about what is the best way to plan MOPEX such that I can avoid calls and perhaps have more time for other things? Am sorry, am struggling to adapt

Very hard. Looks like you are stuck. But you will adapt and get better. I was suicidal for 3 months for my first HO posting. Lost a lot of weight. Sleepless nights. But things got better with 2nd posting. Choose more senang postings.

Unregistered 25-05-2022 02:22 AM

Quote:

Dont worry now is just the 5th call.
U will adapt one

When u become mo is okie alr.
U will be battle hardened.

I was like that too

Unregistered 25-05-2022 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 215147)
There’s always demand everywhere.
Chains want to expand.
People want to open their own clinics and hire.
Businessmen want to open clinics and hire minion GPs.

Does that mean that if you are happy to work for someone and be a minion gp, there is always jobs for you?

Unregistered 25-05-2022 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219051)
Does that mean that if you are happy to work for someone and be a minion gp, there is always jobs for you?

Yup. There are plenty of minion GP jobs around.
Regular clinics. Telemedicine. Health screening. Etc etc.
when there’s money to be made, you can be sure minion slave GPs will be needed to run the show and bring in the dough.

Unregistered 25-05-2022 06:02 PM

Quote:

Hey. Don’t worry. After the 5th call, most aspiring cardiologist oncologist surgeons etc will wanna quit.
Rough it out first for the first year and don’t make your plans now when you are feeling down.
Do your best in your postings, it will serve you well to build a good reputation.

If you want a way out, there’s always a way next time but don’t burn your bridges too soon.

Unregistered 25-05-2022 10:15 PM

what is the current anchor GP rate for someone with experience eg) polyclinic exp
I was offered 11-12 k but feeling like low-balled

heard of ppl getting 15k, but so far none offered this