Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 25-05-2022 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219129)
what is the current anchor GP rate for someone with experience eg) polyclinic exp
I was offered 11-12 k but feeling like low-balled

heard of ppl getting 15k, but so far none offered this

u what qualifications and experience?
15k is usually hit the ground running gp who can anchor a clinic.
some polyclinic experience think you v skati ?

Unregistered 25-05-2022 11:09 PM

Quote:

what is the current anchor GP rate for someone with experience eg) polyclinic exp

11-12k sounds like RMG
What are the hours like.
Cannot compare the monthly pay without comparing hours.
Experience or not, usually not important and doesn’t count for much in terms of pay tbh.
As I said - chains just need a minion to warm the seat.

Unregistered 26-05-2022 02:22 AM

Quote:

Having experience in polyclinic does not really translate into being a successful GP in terms of $$$ and business.

Neither does being a good GP who follows all the clinical recommendations and does the "correct" thing that is taught by profs and senior drs in institution translate into being a financially successful GP.

In the private GP market, the customers want a friendly accommodating GP who listens to them, does what they want, gives them good results and is reasonable price wise.

The clinical targets and what not KPI stuff you have in Polyclinic means nothing in private sector. Some patients might be even pissed off you "insist" they do this and that when they don't want to.

But still need to practice safely so you dont get in trouble. It's more a balance of pleasing the customer and doing the right things and making money.

Med school and hospital and polyclinic dont teach any of this to anyone.

Unregistered 29-05-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Oh dear, thats very very low.

Doctors very poor now.

U should be full time locum

Unregistered 29-05-2022 06:04 PM

Any locum lobang?

How much can a full time locum earn say 8-5, 5 days a week?
How hard is it to get locum slots
I know of locumsg but anything else

pandan 30-05-2022 05:34 PM

RP in comm hospital

Does anyone have any experience working as RP in comm hosp?

What are the hours like and what background is needed to get hired?

Thanks!

Unregistered 30-05-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandan (Post 219714)
Does anyone have any experience working as RP in comm hosp?

What are the hours like and what background is needed to get hired?

Thanks!

essentially...u apply , u will get hired .
mostly 8 to 5.

have to do calls and weekend round once in a while. but calls is not like hospital where u clerk admission all the time. I have calls where I spend the whole night sleeping.
u can progress to senior. if go fam med route, do your dip fam med then m.med then fcfp.
if mrcp, usually senior straight and then can do the fcfp with dip f med route

Unregistered 01-06-2022 11:53 PM

Hi, PGY3 here. Looking to break bond. Are there groups nowadays that buyout full bond amount? Have some offers but only partial buyouts. Thanks

Unregistered 03-06-2022 12:39 AM

Different countries different expectations...even in neighbouring countries the general practitioner is expected to know how to manage normal pregnancies, conduct delivery , do ultrasound bedside , do paeds follow up, do minor surgery like circumcision ( tonnes of religious circumcisions if only urologists do them they'll have time for nothing else). And that is why in bolehland which some people look down on, after their gdfm equivalent they can take further exams culminating in an international fracgp. They can then work one year in Australia to upgrade it to full fracgp.

Unregistered 03-06-2022 11:58 AM

Government pays locum much much more than their own staff who is doing equal/more work . Enough said.