Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 04-06-2022 04:43 PM

Hey guys, is it worth it to join residency nowadays? All my peers are going out to private to do GP and locum work. Who does residency nowadays?

Unregistered 04-06-2022 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220144)
Government pays locum much much more than their own staff who is doing equal/more work . Enough said.

A gp also pay locum more than a regular salaried gp

Unregistered 04-06-2022 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220349)
Hey guys, is it worth it to join residency nowadays? All my peers are going out to private to do GP and locum work. Who does residency nowadays?

Worth it.
If u willing to slog,the light at the end of the tunnel is good

Unregistered 04-06-2022 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220349)

“Worth it” is relative.

To some - worth it will mean happy earning 12-15k forever, trading time for money doing salaried GP work.
To some - worth it is opening a chain and relaxing
To some - worth it is rising up the ranks to be an expert in whatever area, teaching, administration, be HOD / DMS

So yes, whether it’s worth it or not depends on how much you think it’s worth.
Consider your options and speak to people from all areas, not just those who have escaped.

Unregistered 05-06-2022 07:25 AM

Anyone has the latest mopex posting list and the link for people to post their exchange request?

Thanks

Unregistered 05-06-2022 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220404)
Anyone has the latest mopex posting list and the link for people to post their exchange request?

Thanks

Op here. Can sent me via telegram.

Telegram ID: kofrules

Unregistered 05-06-2022 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220144)
Government pays locum much much more than their own staff who is doing equal/more work . Enough said.

Do they also get chance to join residency and the benefits of being an employee? If you want you can also quit to join locum.

Unregistered 08-06-2022 07:17 PM

Can I ask how relevant is AI nowadays in the private gp world? I am planning to leave for gp land next year when bond ends, I saw a course regarding AI by nus YLL. It's a 2 mth course, mainly held online, was wondering if it is useful to sign up for for aspiring gps? (Cost 1800 which is reasonably affordable)

Unregistered 09-06-2022 07:07 PM

Not sure if I am being paranoid, everytime I see a gp chain group post a job offer (e.g on sma portal) I am always worried that they will be snapped up and there won't be any more jobs available left when my bond ends next July... 😢

Unihealth for e.g offering 19.2k/week for a 44 hr contract (advertised on their website) not sure if such offer will still be available next year..

Unregistered 09-06-2022 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 221119)
Not sure if I am being paranoid, everytime I see a gp chain group post a job offer (e.g on sma portal) I am always worried that they will be snapped up and there won't be any more jobs available left when my bond ends next July... 😢

Unihealth for e.g offering 19.2k/week for a 44 hr contract (advertised on their website) not sure if such offer will still be available next year..

Wow 19.2k/week?

So almost 80k/4weeks ie a month?