Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How is life as a doctor in Singapore? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/793-how-life-doctor-singapore.html)

Unregistered 20-05-2022 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lutfi (Post 218320)
What do Pes A MOs do for reservice? Is it shag? And do you still serve until 55?

Commando MO. MR by 35?

Unregistered 20-05-2022 07:08 AM

I think u need to go for ranger course to be commando MO and you MR when you complete 10 cycles.

Lutfi 20-05-2022 11:38 PM

Perhaps more context will help. I'm graduating med sch soon, coming back from Aus to Sg for work. Was wondering if it is worth it to go through MOCC, and become an MO, or stay as a man (combat medic)

Unregistered 21-05-2022 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lutfi (Post 218467)
Perhaps more context will help. I'm graduating med sch soon, coming back from Aus to Sg for work. Was wondering if it is worth it to go through MOCC, and become an MO, or stay as a man (combat medic)

I stayed as man. Even my classmate who is ed con also stayed as man.

Unregistered 21-05-2022 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lutfi (Post 218467)

As in u must have officer qualities to be ns mo.
While u might be a gd civilian doc, u do not fit the saf stringent criteria for mocc

Lutfi 21-05-2022 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218474)
As in u must have officer qualities to be ns mo.
While u might be a gd civilian doc, u do not fit the saf stringent criteria for mocc

Just trying to find out which has the path of least resistance for me for reservice. Less shag the better

Unregistered 21-05-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lutfi (Post 218540)
Just trying to find out which has the path of least resistance for me for reservice. Less shag the better

nothing is more shagged than every other day call. and no post call as a HO.
good character building.

Unregistered 22-05-2022 12:09 AM

I'm a returning plastic surgeon in my early 30s. I was previously a 1st lieutenant in Artillery. Is it worthwhile doing the MOCC or stay in combat? Is there a truncated version of MOCC for NSMen?

Unregistered 23-05-2022 09:43 AM

what do u all forsee happening to locum drs as CTF and Vaccine hubs shut down

Unregistered 23-05-2022 02:06 PM

What are the differences between single-accredited IM, advanced IM, and now the new Hospital Clinician Scheme (with RPs being phased out)? Other than the former 2 being SAB accredited and having undergone formal residency training. HCS seems like the US hospitalist system but without the IM board certification. Why not consolidate all primary care programs into either an IM or FM residency like other countries?