Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 19-08-2020 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144166)
so which part of your statement is suppose to be impressive?

The part that i am an SA. An SA is very big. Im earmarked for partnership. Im the future.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 06:04 PM

SG grads
Not
Actually
International
Lawyers

all do womens charter work one

Unregistered 19-08-2020 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144174)
SG grads
Not
Actually
International
Lawyers

So doing family law is not respectable?

Unregistered 19-08-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144174)
SG grads
Not
Actually
International
Lawyers

What has this got to do with gender equality? And SnailLivesMatter?

And what's so sarcastic about it.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 10:03 PM

I have met a male lawyer from Grindr and he seems very open to having a relationship with me. How is the homosexual scene in the legal industry? I am looking for something serious and I am sure his workplace has to play a big part in this too.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144177)
So doing family law is not respectable?

who say not respectable?? family law got intl one what, child kena kidnap overseas

Unregistered 19-08-2020 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144186)
I have met a male lawyer from Grindr and he seems very open to having a relationship with me. How is the homosexual scene in the legal industry? I am looking for something serious and I am sure his workplace has to play a big part in this too.

Quite accepting I would say. Personally know a few gay lawyers and they’re treated normally. Who you are as a person matters more.

Unregistered 19-08-2020 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144188)
Quite accepting I would say. Personally know a few gay lawyers and they’re treated normally. Who you are as a person matters more.

I do know a fair number of gay partners too and they are amazing people.

Unregistered 20-08-2020 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144180)
What has this got to do with gender equality? And SnailLivesMatter?

And what's so sarcastic about it.

Actual lawyers care more about their livelihood and a lot less about the women's charter lol. It's basically a random piece of legislation which has little impact unless you work in family law. Thought that was obvious

Unregistered 20-08-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 144191)
Actual lawyers care more about their livelihood and a lot less about the women's charter lol. It's basically a random piece of legislation which has little impact unless you work in family law. Thought that was obvious

What happens when said equity partners get divorced which is not uncommon these days? Are they not worried about losing a sizeable chunk of assets to the other half who's been wining and dining while he slaves away till the wee hours for work? The women's charter affects all Singaporean males adversely whether he thinks about it now or not.