Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 11-09-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182689)
Eversince boss put me on a 1.8k sgunited traineeship to save his law corporation, I cannut feel superior to those 2k tech traineeship ah bengs alr, somemore they make $200 more than me leh. Study hard no use one, everywhere also sweatshop

budden my seniors nex to my cubicle very very jealous cos last time boss say only can afford few hundred dollar for their trainee time. also they very very scared i will replace them in few year time lah.

bud hor i middle finger back at them wey, u compare wif mi 4 wud, should compare wif those other law firm dad don't even pay dier trainees mah. count blessing lah seniors, even though i earn 1k more for training i have to carry #sgunitedtraineeship label around u know, people who dunno think i low ses have to accept #sgunitedtraineeship, actuali i very power one, i stardee law ley, donch play play orh

Unregistered 11-09-2021 09:52 PM

heard that a certain big 4 firm has increased assoc salaries by around 10%, and the other big 4 firms are going to be following suit. Anyone can confirm this?

Unregistered 11-09-2021 09:52 PM

Why is everyone saying that the best law grads go to the international firms? I dont really get it - looking at the CVs of intl firm trainees, doesnt seem to be any better from those in leading big 4 practices

Unregistered 11-09-2021 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182709)
heard that a certain big 4 firm has increased assoc salaries by around 10%, and the other big 4 firms are going to be following suit. Anyone can confirm this?

Which? It makes a difference y'know. The difference between the top and bottom feeders has always been a few hundred dollars.

Unregistered 11-09-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182692)
budden my seniors nex to my cubicle very very jealous cos last time boss say only can afford few hundred dollar for their trainee time. also they very very scared i will replace them in few year time lah.

bud hor i middle finger back at them wey, u compare wif mi 4 wud, should compare wif those other law firm dad don't even pay dier trainees mah. count blessing lah seniors, even though i earn 1k more for training i have to carry #sgunitedtraineeship label around u know, people who dunno think i low ses have to accept #sgunitedtraineeship, actuali i very power one, i stardee law ley, donch play play orh

LOL nice troll. Very convincing.

Unregistered 11-09-2021 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182710)
Why is everyone saying that the best law grads go to the international firms? I dont really get it - looking at the CVs of intl firm trainees, doesnt seem to be any better from those in leading big 4 practices

Idk tbh but it really does seem to be the case.

I suppose it's because the prospects of partnership at an intl firm is low and they know that there's a bamboo ceiling there? My friends at intl used to say you can forget about partnership as an Asian.

The partnership carrot used to be a strong incentive at the big firms. But a lot of big firms are also making up less and less associates

Unregistered 11-09-2021 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182710)

Baker disputes hires the best law grads in recent yrs

Unregistered 11-09-2021 11:26 PM

If you are at the top of your batch, you go to one of two places: JLC for disputes and CC for Corp. Google "Chief Justice Prize Nus Law Linkedin" and you will see that this has been true for the past 5 years.

Unregistered 12-09-2021 01:24 AM

Recent pay for TSMP?

Anyone knows what the pay at TSMP is like right now post-COVID? Or for the matter, the pay for NQs at mid-sized firms (e.g. Lee and Lee)?

Unregistered 12-09-2021 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182724)
Baker disputes hires the best law grads in recent yrs

Lol this is rubbish - I heard this batch of TC applicants all rejected baker disputes to go to one firm