Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 04-07-2020 10:48 AM

compliance and investigation not really law per se right?

Unregistered 04-07-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140857)
Generally, as a corporate lawyer you don't travel much. Not that much of your work needs to be done face to face because you don't do the negotiations -> your client or financial advisor does, then you take instructions.

Intl arbi and regional disputes will travel more, because they have to be there in person.

I doubt I will change to arb or disputes. I received an offer last year with the M&A team of an international firm and they said that some business travels are required for site visits. But I also heard from a friend that such visits don't usually happen. I declined that offer for various reasons.

But for now, I will see if I can squeeze in time to study for the QLTS so I can work in London or something.

Unregistered 04-07-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140865)
I doubt I will change to arb or disputes. I received an offer last year with the M&A team of an international firm and they said that some business travels are required for site visits. But I also heard from a friend that such visits don't usually happen. I declined that offer for various reasons.

But for now, I will see if I can squeeze in time to study for the QLTS so I can work in London or something.

Might be more worth switching to an international firm and letting them know that you want to be attached to one of their overseas offices for a few months. Any other fellow practitioners have any thoughts or input on this?

Unregistered 04-07-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140866)
Might be more worth switching to an international firm and letting them know that you want to be attached to one of their overseas offices for a few months. Any other fellow practitioners have any thoughts or input on this?

Yes, the consulting/IB life (i.e. weekly flights in and out) doesn't really happen for lawyers (to me, this is a blessing).

If you are looking for a more international lifestyle, moving to the offices in another country and working there for a few years is probably your best bet.

Unregistered 04-07-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140865)

you go for kick off meeting and, if you're lucky, closing drinks only lah

Unregistered 04-07-2020 03:24 PM

Any senior can recommend whether I should apply to join MBFC T1 IP?

Unregistered 04-07-2020 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140879)
Any senior can recommend whether I should apply to join MBFC T1 IP?

No.

A lot of ink has been spilled

Unregistered 04-07-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140882)
No.

A lot of ink has been spilled

I mean, u got enuf to make an informed decision. Your choice. I wasn't the poster but I've read the last few pages

Unregistered 04-07-2020 06:26 PM

Can more NUS law girls use CMB.
A 5pqe NUS senior assoc feeling sad that he is unable to find someone to settle down.

Unregistered 04-07-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140895)
Can more NUS law girls use CMB.
A 5pqe NUS senior assoc feeling sad that he is unable to find someone to settle down.

Settle down with lah senior assoc